Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Album Title: 'Tracker' : Release: Begin 2015  (Read 300712 times)

foma

Re: Album Title: 'Tracker' : Release: Begin 2015
« Reply #855 on: March 06, 2015, 11:27:26 PM »
Here's photos from new Guitarist magazine. Good reading though, go and buy it right now! Interview is good, but photos is beyond belief.

All photos © 2015 Joby Sessions | jobysessions.com

OfflineVesper

• Lady writer

LoveExpresso

« Reply #857 on: March 07, 2015, 07:18:07 AM »
From the Australian review, in  the review thread:

Lights of Taormina, a reference to the Sicilian coastal town, has a direct connection to His Bobness. “I was on tour in Europe,” Knopfler says, “and Bob had been to Taormina just before we were there. I stayed in the same hotel room he had stayed in. It was right up next to the venue, an ancient amphitheatre. I stayed out on my balcony for a long time after we’d done the show and it made me think of a whole lot of things.

“Then next morning I read some material that said Bob had spent a long time out on the balcony as well. I just knew it was the same kind of experience. I don’t know that I could have written that song without that experience. “

Wonderful. Exactly the kind of things I want to know about his songs and stories. (although I am not sure if I would have wanted to know that Bob has been in the same bed before..  ;D )

LE

surferboy

« Reply #858 on: March 07, 2015, 08:10:23 AM »
So wonderful!

OfflineRail King

• Lady writer
« Reply #859 on: March 07, 2015, 08:21:45 AM »
The intro sounded beautiful!

The intro sounded beautiful? Sorry Superval99, but I don't agree with you. The intro sounded absolute f#$%ing amazing! One of best intro's he probably ever did.

From what I have heard so far from the Taormina song I get the feeling it will be one of my all time favorites.

Abso-fucking-lutely! That's the way truly great songs start, right? :o

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #860 on: March 07, 2015, 10:45:21 AM »
That intro is, according to a review I read somewhere (I can't remember when, sorry) the song "Mighty Man" which is supposed to sound something like Paris Texas.

I hope that the Guitarist magazine in Spain is the same one, I'm going to check it in a few hours.

Ps/ Dan, great work bringing the forum back to life!
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineGuitarman1972

• Camerado
« Reply #861 on: March 07, 2015, 10:52:53 AM »
Abso-fucking-lutely! That's the way truly great songs start, right? :o

Rail King, right indeed.

The melody reminds me a bit of "The Fish And The Bird" too. Or a song from Chris Rea. Anyway, I can't wait to hear the song. This waiting drives me crazy. :-)

LoveExpresso

« Reply #862 on: March 07, 2015, 10:56:20 AM »
That intro is, according to a review I read somewhere (I can't remember when, sorry) the song "Mighty Man" which is supposed to sound something like Paris Texas.

I guess you are right. I also had doubts that this is from Lights Of Taormina as I couldn't bring rhythm and Tempo and style not together with the little snippet from the Hansen film.. so another great song!!!

LE

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #863 on: March 07, 2015, 11:35:15 AM »

I guess you are right. I also had doubts that this is from Lights Of Taormina as I couldn't bring rhythm and Tempo and style not together with the little snippet from the Hansen film.. so another great song!!!

LE

Interesting, i put my money on lights of taormina... i guess haha
Proud member of the AMIT crew

foma

« Reply #864 on: March 07, 2015, 12:55:15 PM »
Guitarist magazine said Brothers In Arms success was in 1987. Did they meant the time when BiA won a bunch of various awards?

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
« Reply #865 on: March 07, 2015, 01:02:29 PM »

LE

Interesting, i put my money on lights of taormina... i guess haha

I've changed my mind to either Skydiver or Broken Bones (I mean, how can MK and JJ Cale influences go wrong?)

edit: post 500, yay!
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

Offlinetobi777

• Local Hero
« Reply #866 on: March 07, 2015, 08:39:31 PM »
This intro sounds fairly celtic to me - it reminds me a bit of the sound on Gerry Rafferty's excellent album "North & South" (1988) ...

Offlineregmka

• Guitar George
« Reply #867 on: March 07, 2015, 10:39:00 PM »

foma

« Reply #868 on: March 07, 2015, 11:17:50 PM »
Hi all. Found this yesterday: http://www.universal-music.de/mark-knopfler/diskografie/detail/product:262116/tracker
Any ideas of what is it?

I was there yesterday and it was '2:05' instead of '2:25'. I would bet it will be second part of interview on MK's Vimeo Channel.
First part of the interview is exactly 2 minutes and 5 seconds long.

LoveExpresso

« Reply #869 on: March 08, 2015, 12:22:58 PM »
This intro sounds fairly celtic to me - it reminds me a bit of the sound on Gerry Rafferty's excellent album "North & South" (1988) ...

Interesting! From the very first listen I have the feeling that this sounds pretty exoctic, almost Eastern, might have to to that I think this slide guitar part sounds a little bit sitar-like.. love it! And the very first words Mark sings sound awesome. Indeed when the guitar rhythm part sets in (during Mark talking),
it has a little resemblance with The Fish And The Bird"... looking forward to enjoy this track completely, hopefully on Thursday!

LE

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 50 queries.