Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Where are you from?  (Read 15685 times)

OfflineKay Edvin

• Camerado
  • MK - my hero!
    • MK Norge (Norwegian MK Fanclub)
Where are you from?
« on: March 06, 2011, 12:16:13 PM »
My name is Kay Edvin and I am 30 years old.
I am from Norway.

I have been to all the MK concerts in Norway since 2000.

From 2003 I formed the Norwegian MK fanclub together with Elin. The last years Jarle has joined me and we are working well together trying to give the Norwegian MK fans what they want to know about MK through our website, www.mknorge.com

Now I am saving money for the next tour and my dream is to meet you guys, maybe in RAH?
It would have been fantastic to have a meeting there!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 06:48:07 PM by Kay Edvin »
"The way he sings and plays guitar still bring me to tears"

Love Expresso

Re: Where are you from?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 12:27:13 PM »
Hi, I am from Northern Germany!

I am not 40 yet ( :disbelief) and started thinking about the (hopefully) next years' tour, too!
To take your example: I did not miss a single MK show in Hamburg since 1996, been to Munich several times since 1991, and 2010 I was at the RAH for the first time! But soon I learned that one show at that fabulous place is not enough. So I will attend at least two or three over there, and hopefully there will be a big fan meeting! Maybe we should  start a thread early where everybody is able to check soon the possibilites to go there! Most of the forumers around I have never met, and I would love to see them all!

LE
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 12:30:26 PM by Love Expresso »

Rollergirl

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 04:36:04 PM »
I am over 40 (just), I am the President and I come from... well, that's a complicated question. I am from the UNN (United Nations of Nat).

I have seen DS/MK in Paris, Nimes (France) in 1992, Copenhagen (Denmark) in 2005, 2006, 2008, Augustenborg-(Denmark) in 2008, Helsingborg (Sweden) in 2010 Lyon and Nimes (France) in 2010

Next time I hope to travel a bit and meet some of you... London and the RAH sound very tempting.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 04:41:41 PM by Rollergirl »

OfflineJarle

• Lady writer
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 05:27:27 PM »
My name is Jarle. I am 24 years old, and have been addicted to Mark Knopfler since around 2000 or so. I have seen him live seven times since 2001, which of course is just a beginning :) I would love to meet all you in the future. Maybe RAH in 2012? Let's see :)
It's the end of a perfect day..,.

Love Expresso

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 07:58:51 PM »
I am over 40 (just), ...
Next time I hope to travel a bit and meet some of you... London and the RAH sound very tempting.

Another good reason to go to London next year! Looking forward to meet you there!  ;D

LE

Offlineknopfling

• Camerado
  • SALT LAKE CITY June 25, 2008
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 09:46:11 PM »
I live near Salt Lake City, Utah, USA.
Been a fan since 1978.
Eagerly awaiting 2012 tour!

I've seen MK/DS 16 times:
Chicago Plum Grove ('85)
Tacoma Dome (with Clapton, '87)
LA Forum (two shows, '92)
Las Vegas Hard Rock and Dallas Bronco Bowl (2001)
Denver Red Rocks, Salt Lake Abravanel Hall and Las Vegas Hard Rock (2005)
Chicago Charter One Pavilion (with Emmylou, 2006)
Denver Red Rocks-Salt Lake Abravanel-Las Vegas Hard Rock (2008)
Temecula Pechanga-LA Pantages-Denver Buell Theater (2010).

My 2008 Red Rocks/Salt Lake/Hard Rock pix
http://s319.photobucket.com/albums/mm469/knopfling/?start=0

Offlineknopflerized

• Romeo
  • I might Get Lucky ...
    • Mark In Summer Long Ago
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 10:39:40 PM »
29 years old From France !!
I grow up with good music thanks to Mum Dad, and my 15 years older Bro !!
I 've seen MK something like...22 times. The very first time  I saw the Man was in 1996 in Lyon with my parents and my bro (I was 15 !!!)
I won't list the 22 gigs but they mostly were in France Holland and UK (one in Italy)

OfflineMossguitar

• Camerado
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2011, 12:14:50 PM »
Hi, I'm still from Oslo, Norway, living in Moss, Norway. 39 years old.
I've been an MK addict since 1985/86, seen him 10 times or so in Oslo, nowhere else.
I got to know some of you through TK's fan forum in the late 90's, hung out there for ten years or so, and left together with the others that left when this great forum was started.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2011, 04:29:54 PM »
Hi, I'm from Yorkshire, UK and became obsessed with everything MK in 1982, when I was introduced to his music by my son.  I have seen MK around 20 times, mainly in UK, but also in Amsterdam and last year Dublin.  I started reading the forums in the mid-nineties, but only got around to joining MKNews Forum in 2006.  
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 04:49:43 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2011, 08:17:59 PM »
From France, discovered the Straits on my TV in 1984 broadcasting the Alchemy video.

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Jackal

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2011, 08:50:36 PM »
I'm 34, born in Norway, but now live ... somewhere else.

I was heavily into Dire Straits in my teens, and I remember being pretty much out of sync with everyone else in my class, who listened primarily to the charts. I loved the music of Dire Straits, but the main reason I got hooked on them and Mark Knopfler was because of Mark's fantastic guitar playing. His style and tone really hit home with me and made me appreciate tasteful and economical playing before flash and speed.

From being a DS-and-MK-only guy, I have since broadened my musical horizon (jazz, bluegrass, cuban, celtic, classical, etc.), and today I'm really not more than a casual fan. As I have mentioned in other threads, I find a lot of Mark's music these days very boring. Nevertheless, there is still something about MK and his playing that I find really unique and that I admire a lot. So, I am still sticking around to see what's coming up next, hoping that something exciting will emerge :)

I've actually never been to any of his concerts, because when I was really into him, I didn't have the opportunity, and now that I have the opportunity, I'm, well, not that into him. Plus I'm not much a concert goer anyway - can't stand other people chatting and whistling and waiving cameras and phones around (last time I was at concert was at a Tommy Emmanuel concert in 2006 and a David Grisman concert in Carmel, California in 2003 , both of which were outstanding listening experiences).

Man, did I write all that ...? Sorry for the logorrhea.

Love Expresso

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2011, 07:02:48 AM »
Hi, Jackal,

nice post! I do not expect any "exiting" things in terms of changing style or maybe "rocking", "faster" stuff. I think the magic is in the details (and for me also in the lyrics). BUT you should really go and see him live! MK live is the essence. It is absolute perfection and magic. He has it. From the moment he enters the stage to the last seconds of the show he sends something out to you that can hardly described. Set list questions are secondary.

So take the opportunity and have a closer look when the next tour dates show up! I am pretty sure you will never regret it!

Sorry for being off topic a little bit.

LE

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2011, 02:43:15 PM »
from Antwerp, Belgium. but been living close to D
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 08:49:19 PM by Pottel »
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

draad

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2011, 03:57:08 PM »
Pottel - you missed out the Hurlingham show! Alzheimers strikes again! :disbelief

Offlineguitarbrother

• Local Hero
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2011, 05:02:31 PM »
I

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 51 queries.