Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: About Get Lucky Limited Edition  (Read 154112 times)

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
Re: About Get Lucky Limited Edition
« Reply #300 on: August 14, 2009, 02:20:52 PM »
Choice is simple, order it at your local shop if they have it or online at bol.com or Amazon. Who pays an extra 20 euro? Not me!  ;)

Offlinetobi777

• Local Hero
« Reply #301 on: August 14, 2009, 03:32:16 PM »
I've just read on Guy's forum that the tab will include only the track "Get Lucky"  >:(

So I definitively won't buy this box. David Gilmour's Gdansk Box came with 5 CDs/DVDs and assorted memorabilia. I paid 60 Euro. Sorry, but I still think it's a rip off.

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #302 on: August 14, 2009, 03:49:51 PM »
I've just read on Guy's forum that the tab will include only the track "Get Lucky"  >:(

So I definitively won't buy this box. David Gilmour's Gdansk Box came with 5 CDs/DVDs and assorted memorabilia. I paid 60 Euro. Sorry, but I still think it's a rip off.

?? Guy said before that it would be the whole album ofcourse!
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #303 on: August 14, 2009, 03:53:23 PM »
The whole thing's a big fuck up if you ask me. I'm not buying the box. :)
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineFenderBender

• Camerado
« Reply #304 on: August 14, 2009, 04:17:42 PM »
I've just read on Guy's forum that the tab will include only the track "Get Lucky"  >:(

?? Guy said before that it would be the whole album ofcourse!

To be fair. I don't think Guy has ever said definitely that the tab book will be of the whole album. When asked once if the Get Lucky tab was of the whole album or just the title track, he answered that "it must mean tabs of the whole album". "Must mean" to me indicates that he was assuming it would include all the songs, not that he knew for sure. As he says today he does not know what is included.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 04:20:29 PM by FenderBender »
This baker's boy from the West Country

OfflineFieneke2

• Romeo
« Reply #305 on: August 14, 2009, 05:02:41 PM »
Ingrid I ordered the second Get Lucky CD + DVD today! ;)

Knowing that I am a big fan of Mark, the man at the shop had to laugh when he saw me again! He asked if I would be back tomorrow for the third!  ;D

Fieneke
If you are good to other people, most of them are good to you too!

Offlinelocalhero1986

• Lady writer
« Reply #306 on: August 14, 2009, 05:33:11 PM »
Guy said on his website "I can't as I don't know what's in it but if that's what it says, then I guess that's it ". Which does not mean that it's true what's put on a website and that it only contains the tab of only one song. I certainly have my doubts about the information on websites about the content of the deluxe box. All internet shops show a different content (the DVD for example (2x GL or CMG and RD). Of course I don't know the content of the tab book but the work "book" implies that there are more pages (of course, a tab may consist of more than one page, but still). When I look at earlier tab books, they all contain more than one song. I can't imagine this tab book has only the tabs of get lucky / one song. And come on, if it's only one tab, we are not going to cry, are we? We're all happy we ordered the deluxe edition, aren't we? ;D ;D I AM!!!!!

Btw, @ Fieneke: no deluxe edition for you? :D ;D

OfflineIrisRose

• Not just another angel
  • Founder
  • Romeo
« Reply #307 on: August 15, 2009, 01:57:58 AM »

Knowing that I am a big fan of Mark, the man at the shop had to laugh when he saw me again! He asked if I would be back tomorrow for the third!  ;D

Fieneke

That's funny, Fieneke!   ;D  I haven't told my husband yet how much I'm spending on the boxed set.    :-\   He'll roll his eyes  ::) and say, it's okay.   Then I'll make his favorite dinner and all will be okay.
But a spoonful of forgiveness
Goes a long, long way
And we all should do our best
To get along

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #308 on: August 16, 2009, 03:13:18 PM »
Choice is simple, order it at your local shop if they have it or online at bol.com or Amazon. Who pays an extra 20 euro? Not me!  ;)

Actually I would like to know if it
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineFieneke2

• Romeo
« Reply #309 on: August 16, 2009, 03:43:58 PM »
LOL Marie!  ;D

Quote Localhero: "Btw, @ Fieneke: no deluxe edition for you?  "

Haha Localhero, no not yet!  ;D I am just back from vacation and waiting for the Visa Bill! ROFL

I already ordered the CD/DVD for Mark, I will order the CD from Guy and then ..............waiting for the Tour dates and buy tickets for his concert in the Netherlands, but I also want to go to Edinburgh (if he plays there) or perhaps Brighton or London! As you know it is not sure yet where he will play and where or when we can go. ::)

The price for the deluxe edition is about Euro 100,= and I won't know exactly what I get!  Instead of that, I can also buy about 2 tickets for Mark's concert in England and am sure that I will have the time of my life again!  ;D ...........As most of us know, we all can spent our money once and have to make choices. ;)

Fieneke

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #310 on: August 16, 2009, 05:00:32 PM »

The price for the deluxe edition is about Euro 100,= and I won't know exactly what I get!  Instead of that, I can also buy about 2 tickets for Mark's concert in England and am sure that I will have the time of my life again!  ;D ...........As most of us know, we all can spent our money once and have to make choices. ;)

You
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineFieneke2

• Romeo
« Reply #311 on: August 16, 2009, 05:08:11 PM »
Quote : "and a bonus dvd with the behind the scenes Guy shot during last tour"

Ooohhh I missed that one!  :o .........I thought it was the same DVD as comes with the CD!!   ::) .........Well not sure, it is still a big price!  :(

Fieneke

Offlinelocalhero1986

• Lady writer
« Reply #312 on: August 16, 2009, 11:08:22 PM »
@ Fieneke: holidays always turn out to be expensive, isn't it. ;D But hey, if it was a great holiday, that's what counts. ;)

I hope to see two or three shows next year (probably amsterdam, cologne and brussels (or antwerp)). And I still have a M&G 'in da pocket'!!! ;D ;D ;D

The bonus DVD is not exactly something I'll be looking forward to have. I can live without the DVD's. Until now, I played the DVD's from SL and KTGC only ONCE. It's likely that they never see the DVD player inside again... ::) Nice to see it once, but that's it. :) The vinyl will be played two or three times, though the big cover looks great on the wall! :P

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #313 on: August 17, 2009, 09:26:53 AM »
Haha, Localhero, also framing the vinylcovers? I still have a lot of frames unused, have to do the job when I am old and grey I think, because now I never come to start it again. I have now on my wall at the office: Dire Straits, Brothers in Arms and Love over Gold. Have the frames for all other vinyl here, so once I will have the framed all  ;)

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #314 on: August 17, 2009, 07:29:40 PM »
OK, I have succumbed!   In spite of saying I am a "maybe" I have changed my order at Amazon to a boxed set!    My husband, Colin, says he will hang the dice from the car mirror, LOL!   ;D
Goin' into Tow Law....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 35 queries.