Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: No news is good news?  (Read 150314 times)

Onlineknopflerized

• Romeo
  • I might Get Lucky ...
    • Mark In Summer Long Ago
Re: No news is good news?
« Reply #135 on: January 05, 2011, 11:25:25 PM »
I hate so say it but I feel indifferent to those Bap Kennedy news...  ???

Don't say that, MK 's producing and PLAYNIG on BK album's It's better than NOTHING !
Another Cd to get thought !!I'm curious to hear it !!

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #136 on: January 06, 2011, 12:17:42 AM »
Maybe it's like all the roadrunning... Maybe there is gonna be a tour with Bap afterwards... like 2006
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
« Reply #137 on: January 06, 2011, 08:03:36 PM »
Sorry if I sounded a little bitter. It's just that the news that MK will be recording an album with some no-name musician and GF making it sound super-interesting was a real let-down for me... I know it will be nice to hear him play on that record but it's just a few guitar riffs I suppose. And even though I would attend a Bap/MK tour, it wouldn't be the same. MK should work on his own stuff as long as he's still physically able to. It's just like Peter Gabriel working on that orchestral album with all of his biggest hits. Who needs that? :(

Love Expresso

« Reply #138 on: January 06, 2011, 08:19:03 PM »

Who knows? Maybe they will stay in the studio, half of the band is already there, and just carry on... Guy also said
There will be plenty of things happening this year I'm sure of it. 2011 feels good. Maybe MK is trying to break the isolation of working in the same place with the same faces for the third time and wants to shake up things a bit and starts recording in summer, so that the release date could be spring 2012 - I could live with that...

LE

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #139 on: January 06, 2011, 08:36:30 PM »
"Golden Heart" was released in the Spring, followed almost immediately by a tour!     ;)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Rollergirl

« Reply #140 on: January 06, 2011, 08:53:47 PM »
Who needs that? :(

he does?

I have been checking out Bap Kennedy and I like what I hear so far! I had been listening almost exclusively to DS/MK for almost 25 years when a couple of years ago I took my blindfolds (or was it deaffolds?  ;D) off and started to realise there are a lot of musicians I like as much out there. And a good way (but not the only one) to discover new music (new to me that is) is to look at who GF and MK work with (the Riders, Sonny Landreth for example, even John Illsley, I finally got my hands on his latest and I love it). So far I haven't been dissapointed.

So I welcome this collaboration and I don't even sure I'd care that much if he never made another solo album! (don't shoot me I have Presidential immunity  ;D)

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #141 on: January 06, 2011, 09:04:13 PM »
I'm sure that I'm going to enjoy this collaboration, just as much as I am very much enjoying the one-track collaboration of MK with Thomas Dolby (17 Hills) - I really love it!    That said, though, I would be really sad if MK never made another solo album - I know how I have felt at that prospect recently - pretty low!   :-\    MK's music is and has been a big part of my life and I wouldn't like it to end just now - the music, I mean, not my life!   ;D

« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 09:24:13 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineBombur

• Guitar George
« Reply #142 on: January 07, 2011, 02:28:03 AM »
Yo! Let's see how the budgie flies for 2011. I for one am more than happy to hear Guy's words of 2011 going to be good. I am sure MK has things up his sleeve that will just change the general routine a tadge!

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #143 on: January 07, 2011, 07:12:38 AM »
I'm sure that I'm going to enjoy this collaboration, just as much as I am very much enjoying the one-track collaboration of MK with Thomas Dolby (17 Hills) - I really love it!    That said, though, I would be really sad if MK never made another solo album - I know how I have felt at that prospect recently - pretty low!   :-\    MK's music is and has been a big part of my life and I wouldn't like it to end just now - the music, I mean, not my life!   ;D

I concurred.  It would be devastating to me if MK stops making any more music or goes on tours.  Life would be sooo dull, there's  nothing worth looking forward to anymore.  :'(

rollergirl,  I know what you meant about expanding your listening ears to othe artists.  Me too I listen exclusively to DS/MK.  But you know what,  no artists in this world has captured my heart and soul like MK did, so I told myself I'll stay with MK whose music means everything in this world to me.  I may listen to others once in a while, but I always have to come back to MK. 

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club
« Reply #144 on: January 07, 2011, 01:10:46 PM »

Perhaps you'll be interested in the making-of:
And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #145 on: January 07, 2011, 01:39:18 PM »
Thanks for the link, Justme!    Amazing, Thomas Dolby had lived so close to BG when he was young!   I really love that song!    :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #146 on: January 07, 2011, 03:00:30 PM »
From Guy today in reply to Julio's question about a new solo MK CD:

"Don't worry, you'll hear about it when it happens."

Note, he said "when" not "if"  !

I think this sounds very promising! 
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflinexxFordiexx

• Camerado
  • Knopfler is KING!
« Reply #147 on: January 07, 2011, 07:55:05 PM »
Why oh why do so many people speculate as to whether Mark is gonna make a new album?  He has stated many time that he is gonna carry on doing them until he drops. It's no surprise that he will do another one IMO :)
Fordie

A long time ago came a man on the track......

Offlineknopfling

• Camerado
  • SALT LAKE CITY June 25, 2008
Here's a little bit of news
« Reply #148 on: January 08, 2011, 12:33:50 AM »
http://www.wmgk.com/music/news/story.aspx?ID=1339367
MARK KNOPFLER: LENDING A FEW HANDS

1/6/2011

Mark Knopfler is recording again, but it's not for an album of his own. He's in London helping Irish singer-songwriter Bap Kennedy on his new album. Knopfler is also featured on three songs on Memories of My Trip, a new CD from British jazz player Chris Barber -- "Blues Stay Away From Me," "Ragtime Piece" and "The Next Time I'm In Town." That project also features contributions from Eric Clapton and Van Morrison.
My 2008 Red Rocks/Salt Lake/Hard Rock pix
http://s319.photobucket.com/albums/mm469/knopfling/?start=0

OfflineLeprechaun

• Local Hero
« Reply #149 on: January 08, 2011, 11:08:35 AM »

Perhaps you'll be interested in the making-of:

And here's the result of the recordings:

What a great contribution with lots of typical MK guitar licks. That's how I want him to go on on his own  next solo album. It's the extra something.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 43 queries.