Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: #31 DTRW TOUR - June 15 2019 - Royal Arena, Copenhagen, Denmark #SPOILER#  (Read 7312 times)

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Speedway up on YT.  Seems the solo is shorter than before with a break when Richard enters.  Not much playing of note in it at all now. The song is becoming very boring and repetitive since it is virtually note for note now.  MFN or BIA would end the show better if he (rightly) isn't playing TR now.
Well, I was there, and it was not boring at all. Just a bit different and with fewer notes. Who cares as long as the show as a hole is great?

Well, that's just it - the show as a whole isn't that great without a climax and Speedway wasn't suitable even as it was.  I felt something was missing but accepted that that was the way it was.  Yes, it's a well played show but for most people it's pretty slow and boring.

Maybe it's just me but personally I don't think the shows post-break are nearly as good.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineMossguitar

• Camerado
Speedway up on YT.  Seems the solo is shorter than before with a break when Richard enters.  Not much playing of note in it at all now. The song is becoming very boring and repetitive since it is virtually note for note now.  MFN or BIA would end the show better if he (rightly) isn't playing TR now.
Well, I was there, and it was not boring at all. Just a bit different and with fewer notes. Who cares as long as the show as a hole is great?

Well, that's just it - the show as a whole isn't that great without a climax and Speedway wasn't suitable even as it was.  I felt something was missing but accepted that that was the way it was.  Yes, it's a well played show but for most people it's pretty slow and boring.

Maybe it's just me but personally I don't think the shows post-break are nearly as good.
Of course it’s slow for most people. It’s Mark Knopfler we are talking about. But my impression was that most people wasn’t bored, but that they were having a blast. Even in the middle and during Speedway. I observed the things you observed about the music, but it didn’t seem to affect most people in a negative way at all.

Offlinepeterromer

• Camerado
No id did not, some boring tracks in the first half but we had a blast. RAJ was better in Herning, but in CPH we got BIA !!. Brilliant show.

Cheers Peter

OfflineJarle

• Lady writer

Nah, I don’t think that the show is “slow and boring” for most people. Most people seems happy, and then there is always someone who misses this or that. Luckily speed has nothing to do with entertainment generally speaking, so people may enjoy the show, get good feelings and be entertained no matter how fast or slow the music is. Not everybody, but that is always the case.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 11:52:56 AM by Jarle »
It's the end of a perfect day..,.

hunter

I think we can all agree that, somewhere, sometimes, there may or may not be something for somebody.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.037 seconds with 41 queries.