Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: #11 DTRW TOUR - May 10 2019 - Mediolanum Forum, Milan, Italy #SPOILER#  (Read 40428 times)

Offlinedona74

• Guitar George
Saw the man in Lisbon.... well, after seeing those videos from last night in Milan, I have to say that he's improving a lot!
Seriously... I'm thinking that our hero only need to "practice".... probably he don't touch a guitar "properly" for a long time....

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
After seeing the videos I see him making quite a lot of mistakes if I have to be honest. Looking at other gigs his playing seems a little rusty in Milan. Tiny mistakes, a bit behind the rest.
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
am anxiously awaiting Pensa's review.

hehe  :thumbsup

Here's my review of the Milan show, to give you an idea of my words I have seen every tour live since 1992 included and this is my first of this tour

MK's GUITAR SOUND 8.5       I normally rate it always 10. It was still very enjoyable but there's something wrong/strange this time, especially in the distorted sounds. It's probably due to MK using the Kemper amp as Oscar Rosende reported from a soundcheck in Spain. a Kemper amp is computer, a unit which digitally simulates the real tube amp. Infact the distorted sounds are the most difficult to replicate by a digital unit. If it's confirmed it would really be a very strange move by MK imo. Confirmed or not, there was something strange in the distorted sounds. Still very enjoyable overall, maybe 99% of people who are not guitarists wouldn't even noticed.

MK's VOICE 9                    Impressive. I was quite worried about it after listening to some audience recordings of the tour but it was great,
even better than other tours imo, maybe helped by a very good mood for the night. Italian shows tend to be amongst the best of the tour usually imo.

SETLIST  8.5                    Everyone has obviously his own taste about this, I would have loved Silvertown and Telegraph but when played live even the most boring song, that in my case is Done With Bonaparte, sounds interesting and lovely.

SONGS ARRANGEMENTS  9    This would be 10 if it wasn't for Speedway, I think the 2nd part of the song is a total mess and not enjoyable as usual, too many clashing instruments. At least the first part of the song was ok.

LIGHTS 7                           Not exactly what you would expect from a rock superstar but we already know the lights are intented to be weak on purpose to give the music the central stage. Still nice on some songs.

OVERALL EXPERIENCE 9      Really very very enjoyable overall, the presence of Once upon a time after 36 years is certainly a big plus.
All musicians are really great. I was impressed by the sax guy. If you are a fan, no doubt you will enjoy the concert very very much.
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

hunter

Glad you had a good time, Pensa.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
After seeing the videos I see him making quite a lot of mistakes if I have to be honest. Looking at other gigs his playing seems a little rusty in Milan. Tiny mistakes, a bit behind the rest.

Big ones in StP and GH to be honest, but he's getting there! :o
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 06:44:32 PM by dmg »
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
am anxiously awaiting Pensa's review.

hehe  :thumbsup

Here's my review of the Milan show, to give you an idea of my words I have seen every tour live since 1992 included and this is my first of this tour

MK's GUITAR SOUND 8.5       I normally rate it always 10. It was still very enjoyable but there's something wrong/strange this time, especially in the distorted sounds. It's probably due to MK using the Kemper amp as Oscar Rosende reported from a soundcheck in Spain. a Kemper amp is computer, a unit which digitally simulates the real tube amp. Infact the distorted sounds are the most difficult to replicate by a digital unit. If it's confirmed it would really be a very strange move by MK imo. Confirmed or not, there was something strange in the distorted sounds. Still very enjoyable overall, maybe 99% of people who are not guitarists wouldn't even noticed.

MK's VOICE 9                    Impressive. I was quite worried about it after listening to some audience recordings of the tour but it was great,
even better than other tours imo, maybe helped by a very good mood for the night. Italian shows tend to be amongst the best of the tour usually imo.

SETLIST  8.5                    Everyone has obviously his own taste about this, I would have loved Silvertown and Telegraph but when played live even the most boring song, that in my case is Done With Bonaparte, sounds interesting and lovely.

SONGS ARRANGEMENTS  9    This would be 10 if it wasn't for Speedway, I think the 2nd part of the song is a total mess and not enjoyable as usual, too many clashing instruments. At least the first part of the song was ok.

LIGHTS 7                           Not exactly what you would expect from a rock superstar but we already know the lights are intented to be weak on purpose to give the music the central stage. Still nice on some songs.

OVERALL EXPERIENCE 9      Really very very enjoyable overall, the presence of Once upon a time after 36 years is certainly a big plus.
All musicians are really great. I was impressed by the sax guy. If you are a fan, no doubt you will enjoy the concert very very much.

Good with 9/10 on overall despite missing TR and Silvertown then  :thumbsup Hopefully they'll keep BIA, I have not heard it live yet...

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
I'm not too keen on that screechy trumpet in My Bacon Roll!    ::)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinerockaway

• Local Hero

Good with 9/10 on overall despite missing TR and Silvertown then  :thumbsup Hopefully they'll keep BIA, I have not heard it live yet...

I hope they keep BIA as well, it's the first DS song I listened to that got me to listen to everything else

Offlinecvstahl

• Local Hero
Set List:

Why Aye Man
Corned Beef City
Sailing To Philadelphia
Once Upon A Time In The West
Romeo And Juliet
My Bacon Roll
Matchstick Man
Done With Bonaparte
Heart Full Of Holes
She’s Gone/Your Latest Trick
Postcards From Paraguay
On Every Street
Speedway At Nazareth
Money For Nothing
Brothers in Arms
Going Home

Concert download available as of May 31, 2019.

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
Kemper seems confirmed, those 2 identical units

« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 03:19:37 PM by PensaGhost »
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
Set List:

Why Aye Man
Corned Beef City
Sailing To Philadelphia
Once Upon A Time In The West
Romeo And Juliet
My Bacon Roll
Matchstick Man
Done With Bonaparte
Heart Full Of Holes
She’s Gone/Your Latest Trick
Postcards From Paraguay
On Every Street
Speedway At Nazareth
Money For Nothing
Brothers in Arms
Going Home

Concert download available as of May 31, 2019.

So I guess that setlist that was actually visible hours before the show was correct then?

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler

:o :o

Careful not to break your teeth on that Val!
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
In fact the distorted sounds are the most difficult to replicate by a digital unit. If it's confirmed it would really be a very strange move by MK imo. Confirmed or not, there was something strange in the distorted sounds. Still very enjoyable overall, maybe 99% of people who are not guitarists wouldn't even noticed.

Mark likes both latest technology and old fashioned one so this move would not surprise me that much.

And honestly I could not tell I heard a big difference because he doesn't use the same PA than before and doesn't get his guitar sound direct from the amp.
My main concern is more focused on the Beard that I find even more difficult to hear on R&J than with the National.
On the contrary I find Richard better mixed than he used to be.

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler

:o :o

Careful not to break your teeth on that Val!

:lol   I think you slept in the knife drawer last night!    ;D
Goin' into Tow Law....

OnlineRobson

• Brother in Arms
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 36 queries.