Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: RE: Robert Marshal  (Read 20916 times)

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Re: RE: Robert Marshal
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2014, 08:19:32 PM »
I agree, let's not say anything personal about Guy or Mr Marshal.  It's just not nice.  I just took great exception to what Guy said on that occasion and won't forget it.

I also agree Knopflerfan that we should close this topic because this will no doubt be giving the aforementioned Mr Marshal the thrill of his life!
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2014, 08:24:15 PM »

I also agree Knopflerfan that we should close this topic because this will no doubt be giving the aforementioned Mr Marshal the thrill of his life!

+ 1
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2014, 08:35:48 PM »
I agree, let's not say anything personal about Guy or Mr Marshal.  It's just not nice.  I just took great exception to what Guy said on that occasion and won't forget it.

DMG, I'm sure Guy didn't mean it as you perhaps interpret it, I personally take the comment from Guy to mean that with regards to Dire Straits - 'that was then, this is now'

Personally, along that theme I got really Pi**ed off when at Brighton after the 'charging of the bulls' when a rather drunk lady kept shouting 'Walk of Life' in mine and Ingrid's ears to which I simply replied 'Move on'!

I and Mandy are personally grateful for whatever Mark plays these days as we feel very lucky to be on this journey with such brilliant musicians and also fantastic fans/friends too......
(That includes you too DMG! - How else will you get your water bottles open otherwise??!!!)
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offline2manyguitars

• Lady writer
  • What is life without music......
    • Here some occasionally resonable music..
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2014, 09:50:39 PM »
As the initial poster on this topic can I now say that I am in complete agreement with those wishing to close the topic. I would urge anyone considering a dialogue with the person in question to think very carefully before they do. I have been subject to some less than pleasant email contact from an obviously disturbed person.

Lets close this and move on......

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2014, 09:52:36 PM »

DMG, I'm sure Guy didn't mean it as you perhaps interpret it, I personally take the comment from Guy to mean that with regards to Dire Straits - 'that was then, this is now'

Personally, along that theme I got really Pi**ed off when at Brighton after the 'charging of the bulls' when a rather drunk lady kept shouting 'Walk of Life' in mine and Ingrid's ears to which I simply replied 'Move on'!

I and Mandy are personally grateful for whatever Mark plays these days as we feel very lucky to be on this journey with such brilliant musicians and also fantastic fans/friends too......
(That includes you too DMG! - How else will you get your water bottles open otherwise??!!!)

I remember her, she was a total arse and not just cause she was asking for WOL but cause she was so hammered. She could have waited till after the gig. Some people at gigs are so selfish. During the KTGC tour at Brighton this older couple that were sat behind me were wasted and just talked all the way through until HFB when I lost the plot with them and threw the blokes coat which for some reason was on my wifes chair at his head. They shut up but decided to get up into the isle during SOS for a dance and were then kicked out shouting at everyone and saying MK fans were all boring squares. That was sweet justice not even Judge Judy could have dished out.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2014, 10:25:05 PM »

Unfortunately the Copthorne Tara don't do porridge! ::)
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2014, 10:39:49 PM »
Hey Banjo,

How bizarre! that particular couple were sat immediately in front of us! and he certainly would have felt the wrath of my shoe on his chair throughout the show!!

She was absolutley wasted and yes they kept talking and singing loudly and if I remember rightly her clothing was very near to coming off!! As for the crap dancing in the aisle during Sultans- Noooooo!

There were a lot of disgruntled people after the show and I bet she never remembers being there!

She's probably a member of this forum!!
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2014, 11:21:48 PM »
I have come across his blog (or was it in another format before that?) some time ago! It was a fine pass time if you had time to waste! We have been talking about other guys that claim to have written DS songs, but this one is persistent and well, priceless!   I hope he doesn't make claims on my photos, poems or kids...
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2014, 10:48:45 AM »
What Guy said was an answer to a question, so what he said was clearly conditional to the question.

My interpretation of Guy
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.035 seconds with 38 queries.