Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: (16) What I’m gonna need  (Read 1783 times)

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Re: (16) What I’m gonna need
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2024, 03:26:25 PM »
About Trump voters, the sort of ignorant rich Americans in a Golf cart being proud and feeling superior to know that Majorca is a part of Spain. I find it amusing that this one is so heavily rejected around here onviously only because the lyrics come across unusual? It's a mean dark song and a very good one. Also listen to the guitar solo. Give it a (second) try.

LE

Sorry, just listened again (stupidly) and the "music", such as it is, is just as bad as the lyrics.

Right now I'm struggling to think of a worse track ever release by MK.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OnlineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2024, 03:58:07 PM »
About Trump voters, the sort of ignorant rich Americans in a Golf cart being proud and feeling superior to know that Majorca is a part of Spain. I find it amusing that this one is so heavily rejected around here onviously only because the lyrics come across unusual? It's a mean dark song and a very good one. Also listen to the guitar solo. Give it a (second) try.

LE

Sorry, just listened again (stupidly) and the "music", such as it is, is just as bad as the lyrics.

It certainly is different it has to be said!
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OnlineLove Expresso

• Lady writer
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2024, 04:00:08 PM »

LE

Well, no sorry needed, you and dmg seem to be part of a surprisingly small group of people who don't have much pleasure with the new album. That's perfectly fine with me but I stay with my description about the song and all I can do is shrug my shoulders in pity. Most songs on DTRW are worse than this one from my point of view.

LE
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 04:06:20 PM by Love Expresso »
I don't want no sugar in it, thank you very much!

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2024, 04:02:23 PM »

LE

Well, no sorry needed, you and dmg seem to be part of a surprisingly small group of people who don't have much pleasure with the new album. That's perfectly fine with me but I stay with my description about the song and all I can do is shrug my shoulders in pity. Most songs on DTRW are worse than this one from my point of view.

LE

I can't speak for DMG but I have every track except this one, although I have still to find the time to sit down and listen to the bonus vinyl tracks.

OnlineLove Expresso

• Lady writer
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2024, 04:09:42 PM »
It is part of the fun and also very astonishing how different many songs are discussed. But there is no right or wrong of course. I find this song unusual, yes, maybe even strange, but very good and original. I must admit I haven't had too much time today and yesterday and was just flying over the many posts. If my impression about both of you was wrong, I apologize.

I didn't doubt that you have all tracks.

LE
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 04:15:05 PM by Love Expresso »

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2024, 04:12:44 PM »

LE

LE

I can't speak for DMG but I have every track except this one, although I have still to find the time to sit down and listen to the bonus vinyl tracks.

Your comments on this particular track may as well speak entirely for me as I feel the very same!  Say, is that a saxophone?
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2024, 04:42:27 PM »

I didn't doubt that you have all tracks.

I bought the blu-ray but as previously mentioned was holding off on buying the box so have "obtained" the vinyl bonus tracks.

I haven't heard any bad reports about the vinyl quality of the box yet so looks like I will be getting it.

Early start on Saturday to try to obtain The Boy.

OnlineLove Expresso

• Lady writer
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2024, 04:47:03 PM »
I had ordered the Box weeks ago at a Dutch retailer Dutchessy had recommended, but he said he didn't get the Box last friday. So I cancelled and now ordered at bravado.de which I had reservations about but today they mailed me that my order is about to get shipped. 105 Euro incl. shipping. I hope to get the box this week.
The vinyl bonus tracks are available here at AMIT in good quality.

LE
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 04:51:37 PM by Love Expresso »

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2024, 04:52:54 PM »
Yes, I got the vinyl bonus tracks on Sunday. But with new MK tracks I like to sit down and listen to them properly on my hifi and I just haven't found time yet. :)

Offlinelocalhero1986

• Lady writer
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2024, 08:17:28 PM »

LE

I still think Badges, Posters, Stickers and T-shirts is one of the worst songs in my opinion. Les Boys is a close second one. ;D The Rainbow recording is more or less “OK” if you ask me. But this one, well, could have been a non disclosed bonus track indeed. ;)

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2024, 08:25:33 PM »

LE

I still think Badges, Posters, Stickers and T-shirts is one of the worst songs in my opinion. Les Boys is a close second one. ;D The Rainbow recording is more or less “OK” if you ask me. But this one, well, could have been a non disclosed bonus track indeed. ;)

Observational and both about dire musical acts, both Sultans and Les Boys are classics in my book.  It's like the camp follow-up to Sultans.  ;D
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 08:27:49 PM by dmg »
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OnlineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2024, 09:13:56 PM »

LE

I absolute love Badges....Remember hearing it first when I bought the 'Twisting by the Pool 'EP cassette! Absolutely love it! As for 'Les Boys' - no thankyou

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2024, 10:08:46 PM »
Les Boys - yes please

Badges posters - no thanks

OnlineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2024, 10:10:06 PM »
Les Boys - yes please

Badges posters - no thanks

Dear oh dear!

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2024, 11:12:47 PM »
I like both Les Boys and Badges
but, as a non english speaker, my main focus is on the music

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.045 seconds with 38 queries.