Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Official 2019 Tour Dates  (Read 214958 times)

Offlinewebvan

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Re: Official 2019 Tour Dates
« Reply #630 on: October 27, 2018, 11:50:39 PM »
Guy about it today:

"It's a very messy business out there and a lot seems to have changed in the 4 years since we last went out. One thing that hasn't is our policy on offering the cheapest possible tickets. Your tickets do indeed seem massively expensive and the whole issue of fees is in my mind sheer madness and will inevitably kill the live music scene completely unless there is some serious legislation put in place. Trust me on this, the greed isn't coming from our end."

And:

"We've established that the system of buying tickets in the modern era is well and truly broken, the competing demands of promoters, venues, sponsors, labels, publishers and ticketing companies themselves means that often the ordinary fan gets pushed down the list. We don’t agree with this but it's the reality as it stands. For the record Mark's management have absolutely no control over the ticket fees taken by any ticketing company. The only thing we do is try and keep the ticketing fees through OCC at a level that allows us to maintain the ticketing offer at a break even point."

LE

What, they're trying to break even with that kind of base pricing? Ridiculous! Well I suppose it depends on WHEN they plan on breaking even, 10 shows, 25 shows, etc...

This indignant post also doesn't explain HOW ON EARTH "FA" tickets for Paris are 126EUR when you can buy them GOLD seats direct from TM for 111.50EUR, that's 10% more, where is that money scalped from the FA fans going?

Moving on...how does one access the Paris Presale on Monday 29/10 ? I've only seen 31/10 so far?

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #631 on: October 28, 2018, 10:57:56 AM »
Moving on...how does one access the Paris Presale on Monday 29/10 ? I've only seen 31/10 so far?

29/10 : MK.com presale
31/10 : TM presale
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Love Expresso

« Reply #632 on: October 28, 2018, 11:07:59 AM »

And make sure to be logged in at mk.com, otherwise you will not be able to see the line "Presale starts Oct 29 @ 8:00 am CET". You have to click on it to access the presale.

LE
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 11:10:00 AM by Love Expresso »

OfflineSimon (formerley known as Simon)

• Guitar George
« Reply #633 on: October 28, 2018, 11:19:52 AM »

29/10 : MK.com presale
31/10 : TM presale

Not sure how Guy can say they have no control on who charges what fees. Its MKs management that chooses which company deals with the sale and if they opted for FA then they should have known what fees the FA arrangement were going to charge. This has seriously backfired on MK and the band but at a great cost to the fans. It leaves a bitter taste that wont be forgotten.

• Guitar George
« Reply #634 on: October 28, 2018, 11:23:16 AM »
I was also dismayed when I went to pick up my tickets for the 2015 show at Newcastle. When i purchased the tickets (months in advance) I was told I could collect them a few days ( 4 or 5) before the concert. Whden I attempted this I was told they were only available for collection on the day of the concert and this was "at the promoters insistence".
The right hand left hand scenario springs to mind or even worse.. P*ss up in a brewery! :hmm

Love Expresso

« Reply #635 on: October 28, 2018, 11:37:00 AM »
It's pretty normal to get the tickets on concert day for many tours now. It seems the mistake was to tell you that you could fetch them earlier, who ever said it.

LE

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #636 on: October 28, 2018, 11:47:31 AM »
I thought we were told by PCM not to buy tickets from Ticketmaster, but I see in the general sales that Ticketmaster are the ones selling the tickets!     Sorry, don't understand, I thought they were the baddies!   :hmm
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineStanko

• Camerado
  • From Split, Croatia
« Reply #637 on: October 28, 2018, 11:51:42 AM »
Guy about it today:

"It's a very messy business out there and a lot seems to have changed in the 4 years since we last went out. One thing that hasn't is our policy on offering the cheapest possible tickets. Your tickets do indeed seem massively expensive and the whole issue of fees is in my mind sheer madness and will inevitably kill the live music scene completely unless there is some serious legislation put in place. Trust me on this, the greed isn't coming from our end."

And:

"We've established that the system of buying tickets in the modern era is well and truly broken, the competing demands of promoters, venues, sponsors, labels, publishers and ticketing companies themselves means that often the ordinary fan gets pushed down the list. We don’t agree with this but it's the reality as it stands. For the record Mark's management have absolutely no control over the ticket fees taken by any ticketing company. The only thing we do is try and keep the ticketing fees through OCC at a level that allows us to maintain the ticketing offer at a break even point."

LE
I'm afraid that's all true where also all goes along with the story about the touring we used to know is going to its end. Too many Del Boys out there!
"So if you wanna best ones but you don't ask questions then brother i'm your man!" :-)
:-(
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 11:59:44 AM by Stanko »
I'm a six foot three albion but you can adjust the seat

• Guitar George
« Reply #638 on: October 28, 2018, 11:56:01 AM »
I thought we were told by PCM not to buy tickets from Ticketmaster, but I see in the general sales that Ticketmaster are the ones selling the tickets!     Sorry, don't understand, I thought they were the baddies!   :hmm

Its difficult to believe that a tour promoter has no (real) control over ticket sales.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #639 on: October 28, 2018, 11:58:27 AM »

Its difficult to believe that a tour promoter has no (real) control over ticket sales.

One of the biggest promoters, Live Nation, is a company who.owns Ticketmaster.

Do you see where the problem lies?
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

• Guitar George
« Reply #640 on: October 28, 2018, 12:02:29 PM »
Just a thought but why dont we all try for tickets in the MK.com presale and if they are good seats and if they are cheaper than the FA tickets simply cancel the FA tickets. Its distance selling so in the UK we have 14 days to cancel. And if bought by credit card then we have double protection especially with the fees that we were technically unknowingly charged. That would really put a spanner in the works. :lol

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #641 on: October 28, 2018, 12:11:11 PM »
Just a thought but why dont we all try for tickets in the MK.com presale and if they are good seats and if they are cheaper than the FA tickets simply cancel the FA tickets. Its distance selling so in the UK we have 14 days to cancel. And if bought by credit card then we have double protection especially with the fees that we were technically unknowingly charged. That would really put a spanner in the works.
Dont know if this is possible?
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #642 on: October 28, 2018, 12:18:24 PM »
When your already paid for the FA tickets, how can you do that?
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Love Expresso

« Reply #643 on: October 28, 2018, 12:24:42 PM »
Talking about being less stressful...

LE

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #644 on: October 28, 2018, 12:30:48 PM »
Talking about being less stressful...

LE
Indeed, i hate this less week. I didnt think about the new album due the stress which is the only positive. Less than 3 weeks now!
Proud member of the AMIT crew

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 40 queries.