Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Official 2019 Tour Dates  (Read 214732 times)

Love Expresso

Re: Official 2019 Tour Dates
« Reply #645 on: October 28, 2018, 12:35:12 PM »
Indeed. By the way ..

We need a who is going where thread and a numbered-concert thread as usual..  ;D
You can spend some time of the three weeks on that  if you will?

LE
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 12:38:03 PM by Love Expresso »

OnlineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #646 on: October 28, 2018, 12:39:41 PM »
Indeed. By the way ..

We need a who is going where thread and a numbered-concert thread as usual..  ;D

LE
I will. After tomorrow when the ticket stress is hopefully gone.
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
« Reply #647 on: October 28, 2018, 12:41:27 PM »
Very excited to see how the available seats look like tomorrow in the pre-sale..

When I saw I'll be somewhere on row 1-10 I decided to take the FA tickets despite all extra fees. No one of us know how many more people have secured tickets through the FA, i don't want to risk ending up further back.

On the other hand, I might as well get row 10 while 1-9 are all empty when pre-sale starts tomorrow  ;D

Maybe if I am fast enough I can see which seats are occupied at exactly 10 am CET and have a slight clue of where we are sitting...

Paid nearly 116€ per ticket incl. fees so should be pretty good seats although it's quite expensive...

Down The Confusing Unclear Whatever Road Wherever

Love Expresso

« Reply #648 on: October 28, 2018, 12:43:04 PM »
Indeed. By the way ..

LE
I will. After tomorrow when the ticket stress is hopefully gone.

:thumbsup  :thumbsup  :thumbsup

LE

OfflineDS

• Local Hero
« Reply #649 on: October 28, 2018, 03:09:19 PM »
On the other hand, I might as well get row 10 while 1-9 are all empty when pre-sale starts tomorrow  ;D

Maybe if I am fast enough I can see which seats are occupied at exactly 10 am CET and have a slight clue of where we are sitting...

Either I'm missing something, or you won't be able to see them tomorrow, since MK.com pre-sale buyers can't choose (or know) their seat either.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 03:12:53 PM by DS »
Tracker - Lucca 2015
DTRW - Lucca 2019

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
« Reply #650 on: October 28, 2018, 03:27:02 PM »

Either I'm missing something, or you won't be able to see them tomorrow, since MK.com pre-sale buyers can't choose (or know) their seat either.

Aha, so that is how it is then.. I thought you could choose rows and seats on regular pre-sale. But you are saying they will also be picked randomly as with the FA?

My plan was so check as soon as it opens if you can see which seats are occupied, but if the pre-sale tickets also get assigned on random, that plan is not necessary.

Still hoping for front rows!!!!

OfflineDS

• Local Hero
« Reply #651 on: October 28, 2018, 03:32:40 PM »

Aha, so that is how it is then.. I thought you could choose rows and seats on regular pre-sale. But you are saying they will also be picked randomly as with the FA?

My plan was so check as soon as it opens if you can see which seats are occupied, but if the pre-sale tickets also get assigned on random, that plan is not necessary.

If you look at this regular pre-sale faq, they say:

The exact seat location will be sent to you via email within two-three weeks of your ticket purchase. Seats are assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis.

So they're not random, but I guess FA tickets should be better seated anyway. In theory, at least. More here: https://support.markknopfler.com/support/solutions/articles/4000131577--how-is-inventory-allocated-between-fair-admission-and-markknopfler-com-presales-
Tracker - Lucca 2015
DTRW - Lucca 2019

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
« Reply #652 on: October 28, 2018, 03:42:46 PM »

If you look at this regular pre-sale faq, they say:

The exact seat location will be sent to you via email within two-three weeks of your ticket purchase. Seats are assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis.

So they're not random, but I guess FA tickets should be better seated anyway. In theory, at least. More here: https://support.markknopfler.com/support/solutions/articles/4000131577--how-is-inventory-allocated-between-fair-admission-and-markknopfler-com-presales-

Thanks a lot, had no clue that pre-sale did not allow you pick specific available seats.

Ok, well yea. All this FA thing has confused so many...I hope FA gets better seats. They write about it on MK.com but a bit unclear, several ways to look at it...
Also, I got this sentence from MK support:

"Only the best presale tickets are available first through the Fair Admission program"

Offlinewebvan

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #653 on: October 28, 2018, 04:08:38 PM »
So from the support page : "Fair Admission would randomly assign all 1000 seats in the inventory  to shopping carts and send them out. The people who get the shopping cart have until October 27 to complete their purchase. A majority of people will not complete their purchase. So, a majority of those 1000 seats will be available in the October 29 presale. The presale will be exactly the same as all previous MarkKnopfler.com pre-sales."

Why is FA randomly assigned ? Shouldn't it be the best seats considering we're paying 10% above face value ? But then the presale might be above FV too...Also it's interesting they would predict that a majority of people would not confirm their FA order ?! Like they knew it really wasn't a very attractive proposition for most shows. It seems only Barcelona with the Row 1/2 category that some got here was a guaranteed good location.

I'm logged in at MK.com but still can't see the 29/10 presale for Paris, on the other hand if you still can't see what you're buying it's no better than FA. I guess I'll wait for the TM presale on 31/10, at least there we can see what we're buying and with a 10% discount too compared to FA !

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #654 on: October 28, 2018, 06:33:55 PM »
I decided to let this basket expire for a number of reasons. I did not know in advance what the price of the ticket would be, I did not (and stil don't) know what I'm getting, I don't have a problem with the FA fee but there are 2 other fees even more expensive on top of that for some reason, and it's all or nothing.
So I'll just go with the regular sale or not at all.

Well said, i go for regular as well..
With this presale i could get row 1 but could also end up in row 20.. :think
And those fees :think :think :think :think :think
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 06:41:07 PM by cannibals »

Offlinesultan78

• Guitar George
« Reply #655 on: October 28, 2018, 06:46:29 PM »
Do the fees still apply when they get to being in general sale?

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
« Reply #656 on: October 28, 2018, 07:05:03 PM »

Fees are only for the Fair Admission tickets I think..

But from what I found out today, seems like both FA tickets and regular pre-sale tickets will be seated randomly, you just know at which rows you might get the tickets...

Like I said in other posts with all this confusion, FA denial for many people etc etc, Down The Confusing Unclear Whatever Road Wherever ;D

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #657 on: October 28, 2018, 07:18:39 PM »

But from what I found out today, seems like both FA tickets and regular pre-sale tickets will be seated randomly, you just know at which rows you might get the tickets...

Like I said in other posts with all this confusion, FA denial for many people etc etc, Down The Confusing Unclear Whatever Road Wherever ;D

I bought ordinary presale tickets for Verona.   Base price 98 euros + taxes, etc = 117 euros.    No extra fee for FA, of course! 
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
« Reply #658 on: October 28, 2018, 07:21:18 PM »

I bought ordinary presale tickets for Verona.   Base price 98 euros + taxes, etc = 117 euros.    No extra fee for FA, of course!

OK. I got mine for Sweden with the FA program... 116€ for each ticket incl. all fees and charges...

Offlinewebvan

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #659 on: October 28, 2018, 07:27:20 PM »
For Paris TM are selling Gold Circle tickets for 111.50 EUR whereas with FA it was 126.50 EUR with no guarantee whatsoever of getting a good seat, not acceptable IMHO, not to mention no way of passing on the tickets if for some reason you couldn't make it to the show in 8 months time, not an unreasonable possibility.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 38 queries.