Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Free CD's for dual ticket purchases  (Read 3052 times)

Offlineerknorea

• Guitar George
Free CD's for dual ticket purchases
« on: September 05, 2012, 10:43:20 AM »
 ???  What is this - sorry to be a moan all - but hey - does this mean that all of us who are going to the gigs on our own are contributing to the cost of the CD's which are free to people buying 2 tickets at a time -
YES is the answer...
Might be better giving out a redemption voucher for every ticket sold - would be a fairer deal and all could benefit - unless , like me, you have already paid out a stash of cash for the album already....  again -  not a happy bunny Mr Knopfler.....
And me with a heart full of holes

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
Re: Free CD's for dual ticket purchases
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 03:17:16 PM »
you just give me another reason to not give more money to record company  ;D

I was not sure to buy "only" the std version, but now for sure, I don't have any regret

all this business makes me sick....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 03:23:59 PM »
My take on it is that the people using the pre-sale on MK.com will already have the CD anyway so this will just be a spare copy.  Maybe one for the car, or one for a friend.  This may lead to another ticket sale if they like the album.  Maybe not, but it would spread the album around.

I am going to three concerts and bought 3 for one of them and 2 for each of the other two.  I didn't get codes for 3 free CD's but I'm not complaining!  It's a bonus, complimentary thing - they don't have to give away anything at all.  CD's are really cheap to produce anyway so cutting out the middle man cuts their cost dramatically. :)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 03:27:18 PM by dmg »
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Onlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 06:14:02 PM »
My take on it is that the people using the pre-sale on MK.com will already have the CD anyway so this will just be a spare copy.  Maybe one for the car, or one for a friend.  This may lead to another ticket sale if they like the album.  Maybe not, but it would spread the album around.

I am going to three concerts and bought 3 for one of them and 2 for each of the other two.  I didn't get codes for 3 free CD's but I'm not complaining!  It's a bonus, complimentary thing - they don't have to give away anything at all.  CD's are really cheap to produce anyway so cutting out the middle man cuts their cost dramatically. :)

Nope, you still have to pay for the rights and this is the most expensive part. So each time you receive a so called "giveaway" copy we actualy pay for it. The only copies that are not attached with royalties are "promotional items" (actually their cost is deduced of the royalties paid to artists).

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 06:38:06 PM »

Nope, you still have to pay for the rights and this is the most expensive part. So each time you receive a so called "giveaway" copy we actualy pay for it. The only copies that are not attached with royalties are "promotional items" (actually their cost is deduced of the royalties paid to artists).

But we get the CD direct from Universal so that cuts out selling it to distributors and outlets like HMV, FNAC etc.  So that must save some money.

Offline3Strats

• Camerado
  • 3 Strats . . and a number of others
    • dtvaviation images.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 10:44:14 PM »
If it helps, (and I'm sure it doesn't) when I booked my tickets it looked as if this offer only seemed to apply in the UK, and although I'm still waiting for mine, I didn't order my deluxe edition through MK.com so I didn't get the code to use to get "even better" tickets in the concert pre-sale.
When you point your finger 'cause your plan fell through you've got 3 more fingers pointing back at you.
MK tour photos & my music page can be found at: http://dtvaviationimages.co.uk

DTRW Tour: Newcastle.  Block A, Row E,
seats 21 & 22

Offlinejabbathehut

• Camerado
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2012, 12:46:28 AM »
Actually i hadn't decided yet which to buy so was pleasantly surprised to be given a cd for buying 2 tickets.

Offlineknopflerized

• Romeo
  • I might Get Lucky ...
    • Mark In Summer Long Ago
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2012, 11:34:35 AM »
If you don't want your free cd then you can send it to me ;-)

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2012, 12:01:35 PM »
I was trying today to redeem the three codes I have because I bought six tickets for the RAH show and the Universal Site tells me that the codes are not valid, I didnt used them when received some weeks ago because I havent time, but now that I
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2012, 12:26:07 PM »
I bought 7 tickets for 3 different shows but only received one code.  I'm not really bothered as I have enough copies but I could distribute among my football mates soon!  I just want to know if it's a maximum one code per person deal or if anyone has been given more than one code.

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2012, 12:59:59 PM »
As far as I know its one code per two tickets. I received one code first, and then a week or two later two more codes, but all of them invalids...

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2012, 01:10:08 PM »
As far as I know its one code per two tickets. I received one code first, and then a week or two later two more codes, but all of them invalids...

That's interesting because I've only received one code and it was valid!  As I said I'm not bothered but it would be nice to know just exactly what the rules are because the whole thing seems mixed up.

OfflineRkd

• Camerado
  • and the thread was spun to some arcadian band...
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2012, 09:56:25 PM »
Actually i hadn't decided yet which to buy so was pleasantly surprised to be given a cd for buying 2 tickets.

They have to get rid of all those extra CDs somehow that were supposed to go to the U.S. :-[

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2012, 08:30:14 AM »
Have you dropped your tray with food while leaving the counter at a restaurant? Or dropped your ice cream cone just when you got it? They will usually replace it with a new one, no extra charge, even if the mistake was yours. It costs next to nothing for them, and they still have a pleased customer.
So even though I get the unfairness of this situation, it is their CDs and they can do whatever they want with them, give them away. If we could wait 6-12 moths the price of all formats would drop 50-75% and then we can buy it cheaply and not worrying that we would have paid for the other free CDs. Because, anyway I see it, paying so much money for various formats, shows and badges posters t-shirts, is what drives prices up.   
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2012, 01:32:59 PM »
I contacted both Universal at the support e-mail that they have on their site and also to ticketline, the one that provided me the codes...

Universal didnt answered

Ticketline did very quickly

Looks like the problem is that they gave me codes thinking I

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 38 queries.