Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Mark played at Range Rover event yesterday...  (Read 43097 times)

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
Re: Mark played at Range Rover event yesterday...
« Reply #165 on: September 13, 2012, 08:30:44 PM »
I have no problem with the fact that he plays for Range Rover, or for bankers. If they want to hear him, cool! What disturbs me is that he lets them tell him what he should play.

+1

Mark doesn't need that. He's one of the richest people in the business. But GF always manages to come up with the perfect excuse for each exception.
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #166 on: September 14, 2012, 09:16:54 AM »
I think that he is not told to.  When you have such offer it is implicit that the public you play for would not enjoy the solo stuff as much as the big hits.
Mark is in a postion to turn it down if he doesn't feel to play that game. he plays for the pleasure of the public and this public is not the usual one.
It would make no sense to accept and play the solo stuff leaving the public unsatisfied. Mark like to play for an happy audience. And his lucky to have otherwise appreciative one for the solo stuff.

But even then the biggest ovations he get them mainly for the performed DS stuff, R&J, SOS and TR.
Yes.
I think he did it not for money, not for the rich, but to support his country's automotive industry in this period of crisis.
Playing solo stuff is not the easiest for him to get sucessuful. As you said the biggest ovations are for DS stuff. Just think what kind of ovations he would get if he played TOL, PI, or OES. The fact that he is not doing it shows that he does not choose the easiest way, but the one he finds fit in a given situation...

OfflineDIFFICULTTOBELIEVE

• Local Hero
« Reply #167 on: September 14, 2012, 12:07:36 PM »
I have no problem with the fact that he plays for Range Rover, or for bankers. If they want to hear him, cool! What disturbs me is that he lets them tell him what he should play.

I suspect there are no great music experts at RR that would give Mark a setlist and ask him to play it. MK is more likely to have asked RR who the audience are and come up with the setlist himself.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.03 seconds with 35 queries.