Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Listening to Privateering together  (Read 18160 times)

Love Expresso

Re: Listening to Privateering together
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2012, 11:48:43 AM »
So how was it? Did you all really manage NOT to listen to the album before?? 

LE

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2012, 11:55:44 AM »
Hi LE,

We didn't listen to the album before. I have listened to the snippets, Jeroen didn't.
Because of a huge delay because of traffic, accidents, roadworks, biketour and bridge open (this is true) I arrived very late (travelled 2,5 hours, it was only 95 kilometers) we decided it was allowed to listen to the bonus songs.

It was really great! Next time again, and I won't listen to snippets either. They don't do right to the songs at all.

The way back was 3/4 of an hour, that's too fast but who cares  ;D

OfflineJeroen

• Guitar George
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2012, 07:40:10 PM »
It was really great. It's fantastic to share this experience with another fan. Next time again for sure.

OfflineSimon

• Camerado
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2012, 11:21:48 PM »
Is there a thread on here where we can discuss the songs from Privateering? i can't find one.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2012, 12:28:32 PM »
Is there a thread on here where we can discuss the songs from Privateering? i can't find one.

"Favourite Songs" in the Privateering section may be what you're looking for.  There's also a thread in the same section where we're discussing what the songs are about (can't recall the title right now) but I'm sure it'll become obvious if you look.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineSimon

• Camerado
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2012, 02:00:20 PM »
Thanks

Love Expresso

« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2012, 03:26:33 PM »
Not exactly the correct thread, but I didn't want to open a new one only to tell you this platitude:

Today, after some very busy days (and weeks), I finally really and unexpected found time and muse to put on the new album onto my hi-fi system - and listen to it properly and with perfect volume (all neighbours were off) - and boy what a difference that makes!

I am not a high-end freak, but I know when something sounds good, and these songs really do! Even "After The Beanstalk" finally gets some quality for me! Haul Away, Redbud Tree, and also all the Blues songs really sound fabulous! It all has to do with bliss and savour! It is not about skipping through it, judging song by song as soon as possible - just let it flow, and enjoy! Do your ears some favour! I really thought Glen was standing in my living room with the big lady herself!  8)

So, that was my platitude of the day! Keep on reading and writing the real important stuff!!  :D

LE

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2012, 03:52:24 PM »
Not exactly the correct thread, but I didn't want to open a new one only to tell you this platitude:

Today, after some very busy days (and weeks), I finally really and unexpected found time and muse to put on the new album onto my hi-fi system - and listen to it properly and with perfect volume (all neighbours were off) - and boy what a difference that makes!

I am not a high-end freak, but I know when something sounds good, and these songs really do! Even "After The Beanstalk" finally gets some quality for me! Haul Away, Redbud Tree, and also all the Blues songs really sound fabulous! It all has to do with bliss and savour! It is not about skipping through it, judging song by song as soon as possible - just let it flow, and enjoy! Do your ears some favour! I really thought Glen was standing in my living room with the big lady herself!  8)

So, that was my platitude of the day! Keep on reading and writing the real important stuff!!  :D

LE

Hey LE - I did exactly the same thing yesterday afternoon!   My neighbours were at work, so I decided to take the opportunity to play it on my hi-fi system and what a difference!   I already knew I liked the album very much, but hearing it played on a proper system made it not just good, but amazing!   I must do it more often and I think the secret is just to let the music wash all over you and you will be greatly rewarded!   ;)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2012, 06:43:34 PM »
I did the same with Shangri La the other day, since there is still no sign of the album.  ;)
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2012, 06:48:41 PM »
I
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineEl Macho

• Lady writer
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2012, 03:26:48 PM »
I'm finally listening to Privateering, alone, and in good acoustic conditions on my hi-fi system !
Wooaww, it's absolutely beautiful !
They got a name for people like you, yeh they do
And they got a name for people like me too
El Macho, El Macho

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 42 queries.