Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: TOL - OES Tour Soundboard?  (Read 13639 times)

OfflineZeeley

• Camerado
Re: TOL - OES Tour Soundboard?
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2013, 10:42:30 AM »
You're very welcome LE

:P
"Maybe I was born on a bad luck day,
 born under a bad sign"....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2013, 11:12:06 AM »
Don't be so shy!  It was my late Grandmother who noticed it and told me many years ago.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2013, 03:39:23 PM »
I ended up spending a good quality time listening to TOL on YT last night.  I love them all !  I think it's Mark's best song and best guitar solo ever. :)

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2013, 06:49:10 PM »
I ended up spending a good quality time listening to TOL on YT last night.  I love them all !  I think it's Mark's best song and best guitar solo ever. :)

Co-incidently, it was on as background music when I was in Jessops this afternoon.  I remarked to the guy serving me that it was my favourite song and he said that they were listening to DS the other day and reminiscing.

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2013, 06:22:41 AM »

Co-incidently, it was on as background music when I was in Jessops this afternoon.  I remarked to the guy serving me that it was my favourite song and he said that they were listening to DS the other day and reminiscing.

Also co-incidently, I was walking by a local coffee shop this morning when I heard SOS blaring on the radio. So, I did what a good Knopler's fan  would do. I went in to listen to the rest of the song. It made my day !  :)  Never ever heard TOL on radio here.

OfflineLis

• Lady writer
  • Heap big trouble in the land of plenty.
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2013, 08:17:26 AM »
...Also co-incidently, I was walking by a local coffee shop this morning when I heard SOS blaring on the radio. So, I did what a good Knopler's fan  would do. I went in to listen to the rest of the song. It made my day !  :)  Never ever heard TOL on radio here.

Ugh!  Sweet... we live in a DS/MK desert. :disbelief
 :'(
If you ain’t got whiskey
(really, seriously) Don’t tell me that you ain’t got gin

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2013, 01:34:07 PM »

Also co-incidently, I was walking by a local coffee shop this morning when I heard SOS blaring on the radio. So, I did what a good Knopler's fan  would do. I went in to listen to the rest of the song. It made my day !  :)  Never ever heard TOL on radio here.

It wasn't the radio but the shop's own playlist.  Alas, I've never heard TOL on the radio here either!

OfflinexxFordiexx

• Camerado
  • Knopfler is KING!
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2013, 06:27:01 PM »
Amazingly I heard Telegraph Road once on the radio... In a pub about 12 years ago... was awesome  :)
Fordie

A long time ago came a man on the track......

Love Expresso

« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2013, 06:43:29 PM »
Somewhat around 1986 I heard the complete TOL album version on the radio - and after a few seconds silence, Romeo & Juliet began - both songs were
played right one after the other, around lunchtime, I was sitting in a car, 15 years old,  and had goosebumps over goosebumps because from radio, some songs sound better than others, and Dire Straits always sounded very great through the radio! :D The other people in the car were not aware of that spectacular moment and kept on talking and talking...

LE

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2013, 10:49:21 PM »
Ken Bruce played TOL in full on BBC Radio 2 the other week.

A colleague and I were in the car and about to go into a meeting but I made him wait until the solo was finished.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2013, 01:27:33 PM »
I've heard Tol on the radio many times. You must all be listening to the wrong stations..
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

foma

« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2013, 01:56:33 PM »
A colleague and I were in the car and about to go into a meeting but I made him wait until the solo was finished.

I'm pretty sure that Mark could write a song about this situation :)

It's strange, most heard song by me in Russia is Ticket To Heaven.

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2013, 03:34:23 PM »
I've heard Tol on the radio many times. You must all be listening to the wrong stations..

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The most heard songs on radio here is of course SOS and  walk of life. One time I heard Ride Across the River and What it is at grocery stores.   

Offlinenababo

• Camerado
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2013, 11:27:05 PM »
Somewhat around 1986 I heard the complete TOL album version on the radio - and after a few seconds silence, Romeo & Juliet began - both songs were
played right one after the other, around lunchtime, I was sitting in a car, 15 years old,  and had goosebumps over goosebumps because from radio, some songs sound better than others, and Dire Straits always sounded very great through the radio! :D
LE

And maybe DS music sound even better on radio because they are actually our songs! They don't belong to anyone else.
It touches us in a way we can't even explain, so we don't expect that anyone else may undersand.
When I accidentaly listen to any MK/DS song, it's almost the same feeling as it is running into, by accident, someone I'm acquainted with.
Love over gold, mind over matter

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2013, 05:05:33 AM »
played right one after the other, around lunchtime, I was sitting in a car, 15 years old,  and had goosebumps over goosebumps because from radio, some songs sound better than others, and Dire Straits always sounded very great through the radio! :D
LE

And maybe DS music sound even better on radio because they are actually our songs! They don't belong to anyone else.
It touches us in a way we can't even explain, so we don't expect that anyone else may undersand.
When I accidentaly listen to any MK/DS song, it's almost the same feeling as it is running into, by accident, someone I'm acquainted with.

nababo,

You put it really well.  It's soooo true in some mysterious ways. Only us here seem to understand the impact Mark's music has in our lives.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 39 queries.