Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Bob's behaviour towards MK  (Read 39790 times)

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
Re: Bob's behaviour towards MK
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2012, 02:50:52 PM »
Lets now start a conversation speculating on Guy's behaviour toward Bob :)

I don't believe Guy has once invited Bob up for a nice cuppa, he also never makes eye contact at the gym.

LOL I'm sure Bob's fans are just as insulted as we are! Can you imagine Bob Dylan sweating his ass off - and mumbling - on a trade mill? Classic!

Well, I think Mark knew right from the start what it was gonna be like and accepted the role. Mark does what he wants to do, we all know that.
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2012, 02:53:19 PM »
I wonder if Krusty has read Guy's forum yet... :think
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2012, 03:01:09 PM »
I wonder if Krusty has read Guy's forum yet... :think

After Guy ignored him at the gym? Doubt it...

Love Expresso

« Reply #78 on: October 25, 2012, 03:20:15 PM »
When did that happen? In which diary entry? Must have missed that..

LE

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #79 on: October 25, 2012, 03:22:27 PM »
When did that happen? In which diary entry? Must have missed that..

LE

Pure sarcasm, LE! Guy never said that, we are just being silly...

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #80 on: October 25, 2012, 06:24:02 PM »
Bob owns a coffee house in Santa Monica and has his own boxing gym behind that.

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
« Reply #81 on: October 25, 2012, 07:00:13 PM »
Does Bob box then?

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #82 on: October 25, 2012, 07:51:24 PM »
Does Bob box then?

He's the oldest slugger in town! :lol
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Love Expresso

« Reply #83 on: October 25, 2012, 08:35:06 PM »
That's why he liked Sonny Liston - sometimes things are so simple...  ;D

LE

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #84 on: October 25, 2012, 09:09:06 PM »
Lets now start a conversation speculating on Guy's behaviour toward Bob :)

I don't believe Guy has once invited Bob up for a nice cuppa, he also never makes eye contact at the gym.

Hilarious !! :thumbsup :clap ;D

After reading through the lively discussions on the topic, I shared many sentiments with herlock. Especially on being disturbed by the main act's audience. They walked in last minute, talked during the show, etc.

The worst part of all for me is that I only got to see half the show. It left a wierd lingering feeling of losing that dynamic connections with the show.  It's worse if you're going to just 1 show.  You'll recoup and regain some from going to multiple shows.  I hope Mark and the band will not accept any more set up such as this and just stick to their own show in the future.  We can never have enough of him even if he plays for 2 hours, why settle for half? ???

On the other hand, I wouldn't have discovered BD's music if it hadn't been for this tour.  So, I guess there's a mutual benefit to some extent. But still, I'd rather see Mark for the whole show.  The same might be true for Dylan's camp.  Although I believe many Dylan's fans I talked to couldn't stop marvelling at Mark's talents. 

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #85 on: October 25, 2012, 09:36:50 PM »
As Guy is only a hired musician among others, it is irrelevant how his behaviour towards Bob is...

LE
valid point, but i agree with Arabia here, he could at least try!! :-)
so, who won here!! moi, i was right, yessirrrrreeeee!!!
now i gotta find out what it was they actually played together as i only stumbled on this thread first, prepared for even more crying :-)
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #86 on: October 26, 2012, 12:01:15 AM »
Yes, he does box. Or, at least, he did up to a few years ago. Whether he has continued, I do not know. There was a time when he moved with the same, rather odd, light-footedness that lighter-weight boxers sometimes use - always seeming to be in movement, never quite at rest. I may regret saying the following in this forum but it was an observation I made at the time. The effect was a similar sort of movement to those Thunderbird puppets of yore - never quite still when they were supposed to be still and slightly jerky at other times. At one stage, I thought might be an ailment but, in the end, put it down to his sparring to keep fit. A boxer should never be still but always in motion. Maybe I was right, maybe I was wrong - who knows?

I think that Dylan's 18th Street Coffeehouse is still there, though he rarely is. It is supposed to be worth a visit and, while we once spent several days in Santa Monica, we never quite made it up there. A friend who ran a sort-of musicbiz tip-sheet from an office across the street recommended it, though.  We did go out in the older part of town and, suddenly, I spotted a building number, double-checked the street name and realised I was outside the building where STREET LEGAL was recorded and the rehearsals for the 1978 tour took place. You will gather that it was a holiday not a Dylan-trip, though we did detour a very short distance off the coast road to see the entrance of Shangri-La and had a drive around Point Dume - all of 15 minutes out of the holiday.

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
« Reply #87 on: October 26, 2012, 01:00:50 AM »
Yes, he does box. Or, at least, he did up to a few years ago. Whether he has continued, I do not know. There was a time when he moved with the same, rather odd, light-footedness that lighter-weight boxers sometimes use - always seeming to be in movement, never quite at rest. I may regret saying the following in this forum but it was an observation I made at the time. The effect was a similar sort of movement to those Thunderbird puppets of yore - never quite still when they were supposed to be still and slightly jerky at other times. At one stage, I thought might be an ailment but, in the end, put it down to his sparring to keep fit. A boxer should never be still but always in motion. Maybe I was right, maybe I was wrong - who knows?

I think that Dylan's 18th Street Coffeehouse is still there, though he rarely is. It is supposed to be worth a visit and, while we once spent several days in Santa Monica, we never quite made it up there. A friend who ran a sort-of musicbiz tip-sheet from an office across the street recommended it, though.  We did go out in the older part of town and, suddenly, I spotted a building number, double-checked the street name and realised I was outside the building where STREET LEGAL was recorded and the rehearsals for the 1978 tour took place. You will gather that it was a holiday not a Dylan-trip, though we did detour a very short distance off the coast road to see the entrance of Shangri-La and had a drive around Point Dume - all of 15 minutes out of the holiday.
Wonderful TWM, great story. Never ever have I seen Bob as a fighter or into violent stuff.

OfflineRail King

• Lady writer
« Reply #88 on: October 26, 2012, 08:58:15 AM »
There was a time when he moved with the same, rather odd, light-footedness that lighter-weight boxers sometimes use - always seeming to be in movement, never quite at rest. I may regret saying the following in this forum but it was an observation I made at the time. The effect was a similar sort of movement to those Thunderbird puppets of yore - never quite still when they were supposed to be still and slightly jerky at other times. At one stage, I thought might be an ailment but, in the end, put it down to his sparring to keep fit. A boxer should never be still but always in motion. Maybe I was right, maybe I was wrong - who knows?

I know exactly what you mean, and I believe you're right

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #89 on: October 26, 2012, 09:31:05 AM »
I thought it was a case of bad hips.  ;D Usually they wear off in this age and need replacement.  :hmm Or lice.
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.038 seconds with 42 queries.