Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: 3 Chord Trick (Legacy)  (Read 89418 times)

Love Expresso

Re: 3 Chord Trick (Legacy)
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2017, 12:59:51 PM »
I agree!

LE

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2017, 01:46:52 PM »
I've spent two days with this album and I went in wanting to hate it. Sorry folks, its a brilliant album. Magdalene alone was worth the £13 of my money. Still dont agree with them trying to tour as Dire Straits, and I dont like Marcos voice. Its full of beautiful arrangements and melody.

Caviglia apart, the quality of the musicians has never been under discussion, some are also good composers and I agree the album
is good, not a masterpiece, but still good.

The hating comes from something completely different.
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2017, 02:23:15 PM »
(Oh and I never called him an asshole.)

LE

I know, of course. Maybe some former band members do, though, in secret. What I was trying to say is that he may have acted like one occasionally (most of us do), but that overreacting about some stolen sausages hardly equals the shameless exploitation of Dire Straits' fame by Palmer, Clark etc. I'm pretty confident that I would like Mark as a person if I were to meet him. I'm not so sure about the Legacy guys.

I'm sure I won't like MK as a person. He looks nice but we only know him by what he presents to us in promotion, interviews and concerts. I know from good that he's not an easy person to deal with. Not a diva star, but neither an easy person.

So I rather don't meet him.

I met Phil Palmer and Alan Clark and they were very very nice, and they didn't had to be that nice with a random guy they didn't know at all, but they were and I have great memories of that meeting with them.

Funnily, I saw Palmer the next day at the stairs at the Hall and he said Hi to me again and asked me if I liked the Clapton concert (that's why we were at the Rah). Y could had made as he didn't met me the day before, but he was nice anyway.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2017, 07:43:10 PM »
(Oh and I never called him an asshole.)

LE

I know, of course. Maybe some former band members do, though, in secret. What I was trying to say is that he may have acted like one occasionally (most of us do), but that overreacting about some stolen sausages hardly equals the shameless exploitation of Dire Straits' fame by Palmer, Clark etc. I'm pretty confident that I would like Mark as a person if I were to meet him. I'm not so sure about the Legacy guys.

I'm sure I won't like MK as a person. He looks nice but we only know him by what he presents to us in promotion, interviews and concerts. I know from good that he's not an easy person to deal with. Not a diva star, but neither an easy person.

So I rather don't meet him.

I met Phil Palmer and Alan Clark and they were very very nice, and they didn't had to be that nice with a random guy they didn't know at all, but they were and I have great memories of that meeting with them.

Funnily, I saw Palmer the next day at the stairs at the Hall and he said Hi to me again and asked me if I liked the Clapton concert (that's why we were at the Rah). Y could had made as he didn't met me the day before, but he was nice anyway.

Sorry ?
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2017, 07:53:14 PM »
Sorry what?

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2017, 08:34:16 PM »
Mark is more secretive and rather avoids fans. But that does not mean it has to be difficult. If you did not meet him then where can you know what is? Is not available but I just like it :) Everyone is different :)

ps. sorry for my english
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2017, 08:38:13 PM »
Sorry what?

are you really judging people from a brief meeting with fans ?

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2017, 08:45:43 PM »
Sorry what?

are you really judging people from a brief meeting with fans ?

No

I'm telling what people I think I dont like to meet by the little I know and who I'm glad I had met even I didn't know anything about them.

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2017, 08:58:59 PM »
Mark is more secretive and rather avoids fans. But that does not mean it has to be difficult. If you did not meet him then where can you know what is? Is not available but I just like it :) Everyone is different :)

ps. sorry for my english

I understand what you mean. I don't know MK but I know people who know him and had worked with him and all agree that he's not an easy person. It doesn't mean he's a bad person at all, just that is not easy

As long as I'm a fan I rather avoid having any bad experience trying to spend a while with him that is totally unnecessary for me as a fan.

I don't know if I explain what I mean with accuracy. It's difficult to do such a thing in a language that it's not my mother tongue...

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2017, 10:04:47 PM »
Guy Fletcher has been working with MK for so many years. And so many guests on his CDs. Has anyone mentioned badly about cooperation with MK?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 10:13:39 PM by Robson »
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

OfflineMasiakasaurus

• Camerado
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2017, 12:54:31 AM »
Interesting comments about Mark. I agree that I think he likes to distance himself from the lyrics by "portraying characters" and historical events. It often works very well and Mark is a bit of a master at it (as you guys already pointed out). But some of you hate Terminal of Tribute to? That surprised me, I think it's one of his better recent ones  :P .

BTW, in my feeble attempts at understanding his lyrics, it seems that he sometimes has taken an emotional and "naked" approach as a lyricist. Love over gold and It never rains sound like very personal songs to me, and I happen to think they are probably his best songs. Maybe Why worry as well? I'm sure there are more but these are the ones that popped into my head right now.

Come to think of it, A place where we used to live could mean something to him personally, even if it maybe feels a bit like a general description of a broken relationship. But that could probably be said to almost all of his songs, except for purely historical songs like Sailing to Philadelphia and so on?

OfflineMossguitar

• Camerado
3 Chord Trick (Legacy)
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2017, 09:45:04 AM »
MK is not the superstar type of person some of you wish he was, but he really seems like a nice and warm person, both on stage, in interviews and from the stories from the fan meetings. His band seems to like playing with him. He obviously had some personal problems around the On Every Street periode, but that’s history.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 09:48:21 AM by Mossguitar »

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2017, 02:22:32 PM »
Guy Fletcher has been working with MK for so many years. And so many guests on his CDs. Has anyone mentioned badly about cooperation with MK?

firsts that came to mind :
Willy Deville
Manu Katché

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2017, 02:24:55 PM »
Come to think of it, A place where we used to live could mean something to him personally, even if it maybe feels a bit like a general description of a broken relationship. But that could probably be said to almost all of his songs, except for purely historical songs like Sailing to Philadelphia and so on?

I always thought that "A place where we used to live" was about his childhood, when he says "there used to be a little school", and I think (not 100% sure) he says something like that in the EPK ?  :think

OfflineRail King

• Lady writer
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2017, 01:26:19 PM »

firsts that came to mind :
Willy Deville
Manu Katché

Did Willy DeVille say anything negative about Mark? That would be interesting. Where and when?

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 37 queries.