Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: 3 Chord Trick (Legacy)  (Read 89396 times)

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
Re: 3 Chord Trick (Legacy)
« Reply #315 on: January 08, 2018, 05:49:31 PM »
Interesting that Mark never spoke of someone wrong. I have read a lot of interviews and stories and I do not remember anyone criticizing etc. Someone has a problem here ???
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #316 on: January 08, 2018, 06:50:48 PM »
There was an interview with Legacy members Marco, Danny and Phil uploaded to YT a short while back. They all said nice things about Mark and the songs on a few occasions.  I didn't really see any animosity from them and don't really get the TOTT thing by Mark at all.  3CT is obviously a reply to that and they're probably damn right to do so!

Marco is a real fan and has been since the DS days, not just a couple of years.  He has collected the bootlegs like many of the die hard fans on here and not only buys official material.  I think some of the criticism he has had is a little harsh because he will be trying 100% and that's all anyone can ask.  They made note regarding his deficiencies in the interview so are well aware.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #317 on: January 08, 2018, 06:56:04 PM »
I think it’s a smart move to say nice things about DS now that they’re trying to get DS fans to like their stuff. It would be more believable to me if Phil had given similar statements before joining any tribute band.

To be honest, I never really cared about Phil’s opinion on Mark. It does now because it sounds fake to my ears.
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #318 on: January 08, 2018, 06:58:37 PM »
I think it’s a smart move to say nice things about DS now that they’re trying to get DS fans to like their stuff. It would be more believable to me if Phil had given similar statements before joining any tribute band.

To be honest, I never really cared about Phil’s opinion on Mark. It does now because it sounds fake to my ears.

True.  I can't remember anything good about Mark coming from him before the new record was released.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #319 on: January 08, 2018, 07:01:30 PM »
Ingrid talked with Phil last year or even before, she mentioned the conversation here. He talked nice about MK and that was before they record their album.

And he attended many Mk solo gigs at the RAH before the tribute band.

He also.played some gigs with John Illsley and even Guy Fletcher before the Legacy record.

But who cares...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #320 on: January 08, 2018, 07:19:38 PM »
Interesting that Mark never spoke of someone wrong. I have read a lot of interviews and stories and I do not remember anyone criticizing etc. Someone has a problem here ???
Indeed Mark never criticized anyone publicly.
Actually to be honest he hardly talks at all. It takes the death of such a legend as Chuck Berry to get a small word from him.
But that does not mean that he can't be harsh in private. We all know the "play whatever the fuck you want, it won't end up on the album anyway" he told his own brother. Who knows how it was with Pick. We know the way Terry was replaced overnight for the BIA album, and "did not meet the grade" for OES. When it comes to his music, Mark is very demanding to say the least.
Taking this into account, I don't think that Phil Palmer's words on him were outrageous. He said that "Mark can be an ogre sometimes", which is just stating the obvious. He poke fun at the sausages story, which is rather funny. Nothing to be angry with, really.
I am more concerned about Alan's statement that "Mark was not such an important piece of DS after all". Now THAT is scandalous...
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 07:27:29 PM by herlock »

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #321 on: January 08, 2018, 07:21:01 PM »
There was an interview with Legacy members Marco, Danny and Phil uploaded to YT a short while back. They all said nice things about Mark and the songs on a few occasions.  I didn't really see any animosity from them and don't really get the TOTT thing by Mark at all.  3CT is obviously a reply to that and they're probably damn right to do so!

Marco is a real fan and has been since the DS days, not just a couple of years.  He has collected the bootlegs like many of the die hard fans on here and not only buys official material.  I think some of the criticism he has had is a little harsh because he will be trying 100% and that's all anyone can ask.  They made note regarding his deficiencies in the interview so are well aware.

Marco, the guy who in an interview on youtube says the might invite MK to join the band, enough said
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #322 on: January 08, 2018, 07:23:51 PM »
Ingrid talked with Phil last year or even before, she mentioned the conversation here. He talked nice about MK and that was before they record their album.

He also.played some gigs with John Illsley and even Guy Fletcher before the Legacy record.

But who cares...

The official position is one thing, the unofficial is another

They will never say anything wrong about MK or DS publicly right now because... well they 'are' the real DS... that's how they are promoted
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 07:25:57 PM by PensaGhost »
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #323 on: January 08, 2018, 07:24:26 PM »

But who cares...

I believe every single word you say, trust me, but I base my statement on what I’ve read in interviews and he never said anything that nice about Mark before this whole tribute undertaking. When asked about his favorite guitarists he would never mention Mark and would often claim Clapton’s was the best band he’d been in. Now, all of a sudden, Mark is his friend and DS is the best band in the world. He lacks consistency to say the least.
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #324 on: January 08, 2018, 07:34:49 PM »
http://dslegacy.com/dsls-alan-clark-to-be-inducted-into-the-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame/

On Saturday April 14 2018, DSL’s keyboard man Alan Clark will officially become a rock legend when he is inducted into the hallowed ranks of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Watch this space!

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #325 on: January 08, 2018, 08:09:42 PM »
http://dslegacy.com/dsls-alan-clark-to-be-inducted-into-the-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame/

On Saturday April 14 2018, DSL’s keyboard man Alan Clark will officially become a rock legend when he is inducted into the hallowed ranks of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Watch this space!

And?

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #326 on: January 08, 2018, 08:15:29 PM »

And?

BEHOLD THE LEGEND!

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #327 on: January 08, 2018, 08:21:19 PM »

And?

BEHOLD THE LEGEND!

Exactly  :lol :lol

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #328 on: January 08, 2018, 08:24:09 PM »
"Mark was not such an important piece of DS after all"

If Alan Clark said so, there is nothing to comment on and deal with this strange creation
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #329 on: January 08, 2018, 08:34:29 PM »

And?

BEHOLD THE LEGEND!

Exactly  :lol :lol

Any musician who play in band inducted to the hall of fame is inducted as well.

But you prefer fresh flesh, I know.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 35 queries.