Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: 3 Chord Trick (Legacy)  (Read 89399 times)

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Re: 3 Chord Trick (Legacy)
« Reply #390 on: January 11, 2018, 03:43:40 PM »

The rule is, whatever the fans would like, it's not gonna happen

Untrue. MK most often exactly does what I like, for instance, and I consider myself as a big fan, at least in the same category as you and many others here.

Let's do something. Tell us what would you like the secret project to be and what don't you would like it to be. Let's see the results ;)
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #391 on: January 11, 2018, 03:46:21 PM »
Did you guys like the sax in the band? I hated it!  :lol :lol :lol

it depends on songs, tour

I don't like it on sultans, but I love the TOL intro on Alchemy, to be more accuarte, the "bridge' between the end of Portobello belle and the start of the TOL intro
and I love it on Portobello belle in 83 too, and even in 91
I don't like it on On every street last tour
I like it on WAM in 2002

it really depends if it fit the song or not, but of course it's a matter of taste

I agree but to me it always felt like from BIA onwards once Mark had a sax player in the band he had to make more room for the instrument and that would lead to unnecessary sax playing. Long story short, in my opinion the cons were greater than the pros...
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #392 on: January 11, 2018, 04:07:03 PM »
Guy’s fed up with this topic and will ignore or give short and vague answers to it til the end of times.

Saying Phil and Alan are friends doesn’t necessarily mean he’s ok with what they’ve been up to. You see, in Brazil we say that a friend who rubs your head and says good boy no matter what you do is not a real friend. Guy probably expressed his disappointment directly to them but since their actions haven’t justified a friendship breakup - according to his moral code at least - they are still friends. Wouldn’t say the same about Mark though.

There is something I end learning... Words don't mean what who say or write them says but what the reader or listener understand or wants to understand.

Loud and clear.

Twisting the knife  ;D

OfflineTrawlerman

• Local Hero
« Reply #393 on: January 11, 2018, 04:20:00 PM »
RnRHoF certainly has confirmation from MK already (that he won't attend)
The way I see it,  MK will write something and John will read it.

And you know this, how? any proof?

It's an opinion, so I don't need proof
MK is just the kind of person who would write a polite answer to the RnRHoF without letting the whole world know about it. Discreet, as he always been.
If he doesn't feel the need to make a public statement about it then he won't do it, you should know him by now.

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #394 on: January 11, 2018, 04:21:53 PM »
RnRHoF certainly has confirmation from MK already (that he won't attend)
The way I see it,  MK will write something and John will read it.

And you know this, how? any proof?

It's an opinion, so I don't need proof
MK is just the kind of person who would write a polite answer to the RnRHoF without letting the whole world know about it. Discreet, as he always been.
If he doesn't feel the need to make a public statement about it then he won't do it, you should know him by now.

Actually that's what I said in the firsts mails when we knew there were inducted, that Mk would say they have agenda problems to attend, which indeed can be true

Offlinejunkiedoll

• Camerado
« Reply #395 on: January 11, 2018, 04:32:37 PM »

Untrue. MK most often exactly does what I like, for instance, and I consider myself as a big fan, at least in the same category as you and many others here.

Let's do something. Tell us what would you like the secret project to be and what don't you would like it to be. Let's see the results ;)

Dont´t know what this should have to do with the subject above. You claimed a rule, and I proofed it is wrong.

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #396 on: January 11, 2018, 04:38:30 PM »

Dont´t know what this should have to do with the subject above. You claimed a rule, and I proofed it is wrong.

I'm putting an example of that rule that proofs it's right  :lol

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #397 on: January 11, 2018, 04:53:01 PM »
We know for sure that John will go, so, for me, John playing with the rest of the boys that want to go would be perfect.

well I wouldn't call it "perfect"

The most perfect we can get? Lol

It can never be perfect without MK being there, because without MK it is not DS.    I'm not interested in any other line-up!
Fully agree. No mk, no ds

sent from my Samsung galaxy 7edge via tapatalk

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #398 on: January 11, 2018, 05:24:29 PM »
Guy’s fed up with this topic and will ignore or give short and vague answers to it til the end of times.

Saying Phil and Alan are friends doesn’t necessarily mean he’s ok with what they’ve been up to. You see, in Brazil we say that a friend who rubs your head and says good boy no matter what you do is not a real friend. Guy probably expressed his disappointment directly to them but since their actions haven’t justified a friendship breakup - according to his moral code at least - they are still friends. Wouldn’t say the same about Mark though.

There is something I end learning... Words don't mean what who say or write them says but what the reader or listener understand or wants to understand.

Loud and clear.

Twisting the knife  ;D

Yes, that's what happens when you are vague lol Guy's answers are usually open to interpretation. What I got from that specific answer is that he doesn't wanna talk about it. Considering that he's made it pretty clear that he does not approve some aspects of this whole tribute undertaking but still calls Alan and Phil friends I think it's pretty fair to assume they are friends who are not exactly on good terms - and that it's a private issue he's not willing to discuss with strangers.

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #399 on: January 11, 2018, 06:47:02 PM »
We know for sure that John will go, so, for me, John playing with the rest of the boys that want to go would be perfect.

well I wouldn't call it "perfect"

The most perfect we can get? Lol

It can never be perfect without MK being there, because without MK it is not DS.    I'm not interested in any other line-up!

100% agree

OfflineRail King

• Lady writer
« Reply #400 on: January 11, 2018, 06:55:47 PM »
This is getting funnier by the day. Of course Mark wrote TOTT with Phil Palmer & Co. in mind. And of course TCT is an attempt to retaliate. Anyone with a pair of eyes and a brain (and I assume this includes Guy) will know that.

Whether he personally is still friends with Alan and Phil – or just calls them that - I don't know. Maybe he is. Or maybe he's just trying to calm things down and wants to prevent an awkward meeting at the RRHOF ceremony. I can't read Guy's mind. Neither can I read Mark's, but I can read his lyrics.  ;D

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #401 on: January 11, 2018, 06:56:22 PM »
To me, seeing just John and David singing whatever song as a duet would be special enough.

But we are in the wrong thread for this conversation...

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #402 on: January 11, 2018, 07:55:58 PM »
This is getting funnier by the day. Of course Mark wrote TOTT with Phil Palmer & Co. in mind. And of course TCT is an attempt to retaliate. Anyone with a pair of eyes and a brain (and I assume this includes Guy) will know that.

Whether he personally is still friends with Alan and Phil – or just calls them that - I don't know. Maybe he is. Or maybe he's just trying to calm things down and wants to prevent an awkward meeting at the RRHOF ceremony. I can't read Guy's mind. Neither can I read Mark's, but I can read his lyrics.  ;D

Agreed 100%

Offlinejunkiedoll

• Camerado
« Reply #403 on: January 11, 2018, 08:51:32 PM »

I'm putting an example of that rule that proofs it's right  :lol

Well it seems you are not quite skilled in logics. You can - by definition - not put an example to proof any rule at all. You can just come up with an example/case to falsify a rule (which is what I have done). 

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #404 on: January 11, 2018, 08:52:51 PM »

LOL bravo! :lol

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 35 queries.