Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert #7:2011.10.14,BIC Windsor Hall, Bournemouth UK # SPOILER AHEAD #  (Read 76399 times)

OfflineRolleyway Man

• Camerado
    • Mike’s Musical Musings
Re: Concert #7:2011.10.14,BIC Windsor Hall, Bournemouth UK # SPOILER AHEAD #
« Reply #90 on: October 15, 2011, 12:45:19 AM »
Yes but WHAT guitar did Mark play with Bob, we must know! :D

It was the '58 Les Paul. Great to see the two of them on stage and obviously very lucky that it happened in Bournemouth!

We decided to leave however after what I think was Ballad of a Thin Man. It was actually one of Bob's better performances tonight, but his sound technicians need to learn how to use the master volume fader. It would have been a far more enjoyable show tonight had it not been so unnecessarily loud! Unfortunately, as well as Mark played on Betond Here Lies Nothing, it was difficult to make him out because of this. MK's sound for his own show though was as good as I've heard it. He and the band were brilliant tonight and I think the audience were more appreciative for him than for Bob.

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #91 on: October 15, 2011, 01:02:40 AM »
Since the beginning of the common tour, some 70 people joined AMIT. I guess some of them (most of them?) are actually BD fans, like Arabia. Why don't you give us your opinion, about MK and BD tour. It would be nice to read something from another fan, a bit of insight, to help some of us understand Bob's art, the way he offers it. No pan intended.
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Offlinejoanzimm

• Camerado
« Reply #92 on: October 15, 2011, 01:40:39 AM »
I'm confused.  What was MK doing during Tangled up in Blue? ???
It's hard sometimes but pretty much it's alright

OfflineRolleyway Man

• Camerado
    • Mike’s Musical Musings
« Reply #93 on: October 15, 2011, 01:58:55 AM »
Pretty sure he only played on Beyond Here Lies Nothin'. To be honest I didn't notice him at first as his '58 Les Paul was difficult to hear in amongst such a noisy mix but I suddenly noticed a familiar guitar tone in the background, looked up and thought "who's that playing Mark's Les Paul?  Oh, it is Mark!".  He seemed to have fun playing as part of Bob's band but I can't say I noticed any eye contact between the two! Still, as Guy says, Bob is Bob. Glad to hear that Bob did mention Mark after I had left.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 02:01:55 AM by Rolleyway Man »

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
« Reply #94 on: October 15, 2011, 04:25:37 AM »
So it finally happened! :)

looked up and thought "who's that playing Mark's Les Paul?  Oh, it is Mark!".

That's funny!!
Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

Love Expresso

« Reply #95 on: October 15, 2011, 08:08:24 AM »
I bet Isaac missed it, too! Will be interesting to read his blog this time.

LE

Love Expresso

« Reply #96 on: October 15, 2011, 08:13:50 AM »
Since the beginning of the common tour, some 70 people joined AMIT. I guess some of them (most of them?) are actually BD fans, like Arabia. Why don't you give us your opinion, about MK and BD tour. It would be nice to read something from another fan, a bit of insight, to help some of us understand Bob's art, the way he offers it. No pan intended.

Fifth column...

Honestly, I think most of them were just curious, Arabia has turned out to be one of the few regular posters... And he seems to appreciate what MK is doing, too?

LE

Offlinearabia

• Camerado
« Reply #97 on: October 15, 2011, 09:31:54 AM »

Fifth column...

Honestly, I think most of them were just curious, Arabia has turned out to be one of the few regular posters... And he seems to appreciate what MK is doing, too?

LE

I'm fully on board as a Knopfler fan, listening to Sonny from 2005 Minneapolis boot as I drink my tea and write now. :)
I can't wait to see Mark in London on the final night of the tour, really like what I've heard from him on the recordings from this tour, but do wish he would change the setlists a bit more for my selfish listening pleasure!

(PS: sometimes the Bob bashing by a few is hard to swallow here, but I have nothing but positive thoughts for Mark)

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #98 on: October 15, 2011, 09:46:48 AM »
Hi arabia!   I know that I have been a bit hard on ol' Bob myself, since seeing him live last week.   I have lots of his albums from the early days until the present and I love them, but seeing him live was something completely different.   As many people have said, his band was extremely accomplished, there is no denying, but the volume was just too loud for my ears and, of course, there was the problem I had with Bob's voice and his lack of communication with the audience.  Anyway, I think I had better stick to listening to his albums in future!  

I hope you enjoy your Hammersmith concert and maybe by then Bob and Mark will be playing a bit more music together!     :)

PS One of the songs that stayed in my mind from Manchester was Forgetful Heart - that one sounded very nice.   :)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 12:33:59 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #99 on: October 15, 2011, 10:30:17 AM »
see my earlier entry..
beyond here lies nothing (the song that guy did not "recognise") and tangled up in blue

Pottel - the song Guy didn't recognise was "Beyond the Horizon" - he thought it was "Red Sails in the Sunset"    ;D
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #100 on: October 15, 2011, 11:18:40 AM »
From Richard Bennett:

Tonight's exception was instead of changing after our show and getting on the bus, Mark played a tune with Bob on his part of the show, a brilliant rendition of Beyond This There Is Nothing.  A massive response at the end of it and then we got on the band bus bound for London where we'll spend the night and have the following day off.

Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinejoanzimm

• Camerado
« Reply #101 on: October 15, 2011, 01:34:36 PM »
I bet Isaac missed it, too! Will be interesting to read his blog this time.

LE

Isaac left before Bob's concert....a chance you take when you leave early, I guess.
It's hard sometimes but pretty much it's alright

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #102 on: October 15, 2011, 02:34:14 PM »
Hi arabia!   I know that I have been a bit hard on ol' Bob myself, since seeing him live last week.   I have lots of his albums from the early days until the present and I love them, but seeing him live was something completely different.   As many people have said, his band was extremely accomplished, there is no denying, but the volume was just too loud for my ears and, of course, there was the problem I had with Bob's voice and his lack of communication with the audience.  Anyway, I think I had better stick to listening to his albums in future!   

I hope you enjoy your Hammersmith concert and maybe by then Bob and Mark will be playing a bit more music together!     :)

PS One of the songs that stayed in my mind from Manchester was Forgetful Heart - that one sounded very nice.   :)
forgetfull heart, almost forgot about that beauty, great song. did you enjoy THC val??
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
« Reply #103 on: October 15, 2011, 03:51:05 PM »
No Corned Beef again  ???

*aaaaaarrrrghhh*
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

OfflineBarzofarhyme

• Camerado
« Reply #104 on: October 15, 2011, 03:57:52 PM »
Yes but WHAT guitar did Mark play with Bob, we must know! :D

It was the '58 Les Paul. Great to see the two of them on stage and obviously very lucky that it happened in Bournemouth!

We decided to leave however after what I think was Ballad of a Thin Man. It was actually one of Bob's better performances tonight, but his sound technicians need to learn how to use the master volume fader. It would have been a far more enjoyable show tonight had it not been so unnecessarily loud! Unfortunately, as well as Mark played on Betond Here Lies Nothing, it was difficult to make him out because of this. MK's sound for his own show though was as good as I've heard it. He and the band were brilliant tonight and I think the audience were more appreciative for him than for Bob.
Slight error. it was actually the '59 Les Paul according to Guy
 ;D ;D

Not long after we arrived at the venue, Pete came into the dressing room with a message from Bob inviting Mark to join him onstage tonight for one of the songs. Without hesitation, Mark agreed and moves were afoot immediately to get an amp up on stage so Mark could run through the song with Bob's band. Within minutes, Glenn Saggers had rustled together the necessary equipment and Mark and Bob's band went through the changes of 'Beyond here lies nothing'.

We took to the stage to a packed Bournemouth arena and the audience seemed just as excited to hear us as they did in Cardiff. Another great show, great sound, great energy onstage etc. etc. Bob and his band took to the stage at 9:15 and most of our band stood off stage left behind Bob's monitor engineer to watch the show. Mark came on after four numbers and they ran the tune. Armed with the '59 Les Paul, Mark played a blinder.I must say Bob was really on form tonight and singing and playing with great energy...and..he looked absolutely fabulous. The girls were taken with what appeared to be spats on his feet. A great night topped off perfectly by a gentle drive home for the day off tomorrow.
All i do is kiss you, through the bars of a rhyme

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.038 seconds with 38 queries.