Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: The Walk of Life Project  (Read 1920 times)

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
The Walk of Life Project
« on: April 04, 2022, 12:48:32 PM »
A bit of fun, basically these guys stick Walk of Life on to the end of classic films with amusing results, here's Psycho:

(Spoilers if you haven't seen Psycho)

"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Re: The Walk of Life Project
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2022, 01:18:27 PM »
Mark's music is generally very cinema friendly... It's like a soundtrack for a movie that doesn't exist (his own words about the song "Private Investigations"). That's why he never was a fan of music videos. I always thought "Are We In Trouble Now" is a perfect end-credits song. So no surprise that one of his songs works for ending credits of anything. Though "Walk Of Life" may not be the perfect choice for that.

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2022, 02:33:50 PM »
speaking about "a soundtrack for a movie that doesn't exist", last year Whatitdo Archive Group released an album called "The Black Stone Affair".
During the promo, they claimed it was the soundtrack for an obscure italian western that never seen the light, and that some original record tapes from the soundrtrack were found and were the start of their project.

but few weeks after, they revealed the hoax : the film never existed, neither the soundtrack
even if they filmed a sort of trailer, but it was a fake.

great job imho !

I wrote an article on french media "franceinfo" about it :

https://www.francetvinfo.fr/culture/musique/soul/avec-the-black-stone-affair-le-collectif-whatitdo-archive-group-ressuscite-un-film-jamais-sorti_4558199.html

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2022, 09:27:29 AM »
There are a LOT more here

http://www.wolproject.com/
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2022, 01:44:13 PM »
This had been around for a while now, I suspect they got the idea from The Dark Side of The Moon syncing with The Wizard of Oz
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2022, 01:47:16 PM »
It's very curious, as the second edition of the "Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler's London" book evolved so much that DMG and I ended writing so many chapters outside London that we changed the title to WALK OF LIFE!
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlineskydiver

• Camerado
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2022, 07:54:32 AM »
It's very curious, as the second edition of the "Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler's London" book evolved so much that DMG and I ended writing so many chapters outside London that we changed the title to WALK OF LIFE!

Will the 2nd edition be available later this year?

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2022, 10:58:56 AM »

Maybe in one or two months. It's finished and waiting for test pressings to check if everything is ok.

However I'm having second thoughts and thinking in delay it until next MK record is out, just in case there are new references to add... I don't know what to do.

Offlineskydiver

• Camerado
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2022, 03:53:52 PM »

Maybe in one or two months. It's finished and waiting for test pressings to check if everything is ok.

However I'm having second thoughts and thinking in delay it until next MK record is out, just in case there are new references to add... I don't know what to do.

The MK release is far away and new references will be included in the 3rd edition.

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2022, 05:01:59 PM »

The MK release is far away and new references will be included in the 3rd edition.

Oh my God, a third edition, it took me so long to do a second I dont wanna think in a third! LOL

Offlineskydiver

• Camerado
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2022, 06:23:30 PM »

Oh my God, a third edition, it took me so long to do a second I dont wanna think in a third! LOL
MK will for sure write about so many more interesting places in the future that there is no chance you can avoid a 3rd edition.
And this year your book would fill a MK gap as we wait for his new material.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 38 queries.