Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: New album release autumn  (Read 274194 times)

Love Expresso

Re: New album release autumn
« Reply #1035 on: September 12, 2018, 06:15:36 PM »
The band is excellent, MK loses more and more what made him what he is. I listened to some Tracker recordings the other day and .. really ... I was totally shocked how bad everything sounded. Cringeworthy two hours more or less. People ask me if they can "borrow" A Tracker show from me to listen to when they hear that I went to Dublin and watch the same show again in two other citys, "well it must be very special then can I hear it?" And I answer "sorry but I don't have any recordings here at the moment" because it is so embarrassing to listen to it...
His guitar playing and his voice get worse and worse, so what's left? A surprising set list? The hope of hearing "old new" stuff?

LE

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #1036 on: September 12, 2018, 06:18:18 PM »
If in a Mk concert I could skip songs, I would skip more than half of the show, and I'm serious...

Why do you bother to go then?     :hmm

Why someone who knows how bad is smoking don't stop smoking?

Yet you still call yourself a fan, buy the albums and go to the concerts?    Just do what LE is doing and don't go if you are serious!   ;)

What part of I would skip THE HALF of the show don't you get?

clue: there is a half of the song I won't skip  ;D

That would be difficult to skip half of a song!   :hmm

Actually that's what pottel does every concert. He skip half of the show while he goes and comes back from the toilet when Mk plays Romeo... So, it's possible to do!
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #1037 on: September 12, 2018, 06:29:46 PM »
The band is excellent, MK loses more and more what made him what he is. I listened to some Tracker recordings the other day and .. really ... I was totally shocked how bad everything sounded. Cringeworthy two hours more or less. People ask me if they can "borrow" A Tracker show from me to listen to when they hear that I went to Dublin and watch the same show again in two other citys, "well it must be very special then can I hear it?" And I answer "sorry but I don't have any recordings here at the moment" because it is so embarrassing to listen to it...
His guitar playing and his voice get worse and worse, so what's left? A surprising set list? The hope of hearing "old new" stuff?

LE

Well then, LE, you are doing exactly the right thing in not going to anymore MK concerts!    :clap   
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #1038 on: September 12, 2018, 06:32:46 PM »

LE

Well then, LE, you are doing exactly the right thing in not going to anymore MK concerts!    :clap

Do you wanna bet that we are going to see LE in at least one concert?

:-p
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Love Expresso

« Reply #1039 on: September 12, 2018, 06:37:16 PM »
I am not a gambler. O cannot imagine. Apart from maybe going with my sister or a good friend if they manage to persuade me.
It's not that I want to spoil it. But all three 2015 shows left me unsatisfied. First you deny it to yourself, you WANT to think it was great after all the money, time and effort you put into it. But at the end you have to decide "is it still worth it?"

LE

OfflineD44mu

• Guitar George
« Reply #1040 on: September 12, 2018, 06:38:44 PM »

LE

It is not the first time that you judge so bad about him. And what you think about MK  is only your thing but this comment is not fair.
I find it rather a presumption of you to judge about MK.
As someone gets older, it's perfectly clear that he does not have the same skills as in the younger years.
But to judge that it is getting worse and worse is simply discriminatory and not right.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #1041 on: September 12, 2018, 06:40:49 PM »
I am not a gambler. O cannot imagine. Apart from maybe going with my sister or a good friend if they manage to persuade me.
It's not that I want to spoil it. But all three 2015 shows left me unsatisfied. First you deny it to yourself, you WANT to think it was great after all the money, time and effort you put into it. But at the end you have to decide "is it still worth it?"

LE

I went to four Tracker shows (see below) and the best of all four was Manchester - it was extra-special.  The rest were just OK.
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #1042 on: September 12, 2018, 06:41:07 PM »
I love my Sion 2015 recording.
If I take TR for instance, certainly there were more technical versions in 2005, but this one is still very enjoyable to listen too. Not ridiculous at all...

Love Expresso

« Reply #1043 on: September 12, 2018, 06:43:21 PM »

LE

It is not the first time that you judge so bad about him. And what you think about MK  is only your thing but this comment is not fair.
As someone gets older, it's perfectly clear that he does not have the same skills as in the younger years.
But to judge that it is getting worse and worse is simply discriminatory and not right.

Ok then. Thank you.

LE

Love Expresso

« Reply #1044 on: September 12, 2018, 06:53:04 PM »

I don't get what this means. But I am also not sure if I want to hear your explanation as your judgement about me stands anyway, obviously.

LE

Love Expresso

« Reply #1045 on: September 12, 2018, 07:07:09 PM »
Ok I googled "presumption", a word with many meanings in German and I guess you mean "anmaßend". I just might point out that you do the same, judge my opinion, after all. Presumptuous?

LE

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #1046 on: September 12, 2018, 07:08:11 PM »

LE

This is a forum, LE is totally allowed to give any opinion he likes, as long as it is not insulting. End of discussion

sent from my Samsung Galaxy 9+ via tapatalk

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Love Expresso

« Reply #1047 on: September 12, 2018, 07:10:18 PM »
Thanks Pottel, I think it's insulting these days to mention that MK gets worse.

LE

hunter

« Reply #1048 on: September 12, 2018, 07:15:10 PM »
As for the new album, though, I'm very curious to see whether Mark has taken a new/different direction. Kill to get crimson and Privateering were both quite "big steps" in other directions, as far as Mark is concerned. Didn't Guy say there are more guitars and solos on this one? And I wonder whether the Local Hero work has influenced the recording. Certainly it will be a fine-sounding record.

Love Expresso

« Reply #1049 on: September 12, 2018, 07:21:35 PM »
That's the good thing about it. The album is the "real deal". I appreciate very much the effort he takes in producing them, "craft them" as he once called it himself. And I once called his albums children and you love all your children and when they are born they are with you your whole life.

I just wished he would take the same efforts in re-thinking his touring habits. Lesser shows, Smaller venues, longer breaks etc..

LE

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 49 queries.