Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: RE: Robert Marshal  (Read 20837 times)

Offline2manyguitars

• Lady writer
  • What is life without music......
    • Here some occasionally resonable music..
RE: Robert Marshal
« on: January 03, 2014, 05:17:11 PM »
Hi guys, and a big hello to all fellow forum members from a long lime lurker who finally decided to raise his head over the parapet.

The reason for my post.

I came across Robert Marshal and his ridiculous blog about 2 years ago - http://straitjacketmusic.co.uk/ for those of you that haven't looked. It initially peeked my curiosity and I had some contact with 'Robert' (that's not his real name) with always the intention to show the guy up for the charlatan that he is.

After repeated requests for evidence the guy has now become threatening and abusive. This is not why I post.

What bothers me is that the marshal 'Myth' is spreading, I've found numerous citations across the internet to his claims to have written lyrics to the first album. Its become a typical internet conspiracy theory and I feel like its our job to make sure that the truth is out there as well.

I know there will be some of you who say leave well alone and give as little publicity as possible and I sympathise with this, but when I have to correct public wikis, and see this guys name linked on internet radio sites I feel the need to do something.

So here's what I'm asking'

If you're brave enough  ;) leave a comment on his blog, directly confront the guy about his lack of evidence.
If not that then pop over to my blog - http://strange0new0world.wordpress.com/ leave a comment, say hi, and lets shut this guy down once and for all.

The more links to a proper discussion of his claims the less likely people are to be taken in.

Thanks for listening
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 10:07:04 AM by 2manyguitars »

Onlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Re: RE: Robert Marshal
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 09:28:33 PM »
Comments are under moderation

I posted this:

Funny that this fake person claiming he wrote the DS songs says he wrote all the songs from the first and fifth Dire Straits records, but nothing about the three recordes between
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offline2manyguitars

• Lady writer
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 09:47:08 PM »
I know , none of it stands up to proper investigation. he has zero evidence, but as I said in my original post, there are people out there that actually take this as fact, only yesterday I corrected the DS public wiki to remove this mans name.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 10:57:09 PM »
Don't give this clown the oxygen of publicity.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offline2manyguitars

• Lady writer
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 12:14:08 AM »
I know and I have a lot of sympathy for that point of view.

I kept my mouth very much closed for over a year since discovering his blog. The only problem I see is that as I said he already has the uncensored mouthpiece of the internet at his disposal. I was quite shocked to come across internet radio linking to the first album, the official wiki, and many other references to 'his part in Dire Straits'.

Please dusty don't take this the wrong way and if the majority of people on here feel that its best left alone then I will go with the masses, remove my blog and whatever else may be necessary. I just feel that there should be a voice alongside his pointing out the obvious truth. He deletes any determined cross examination of his claims on his blog and resorts to verbal abuse via private email when he's lost an argument. Enough voices against him and his claims will disappear, no response and a denial of oxygen would seem to be leading to the creation of yet another internet conspiracy theory.

Or maybe you're right and he'll disappear down a crack if left alone.....

Just an opinion dusty and thoroughly interested in what you and others have to say.

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 12:30:18 AM »
It is clearly someone who is at best mentally deluded or at worst mentally ill. It's really not worth bothering with. I could start a blog claiming to be Supermans Mother. Its just nonsense......Now just for you Robert who clearly reads this forum, get some help mate.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 12:35:22 AM by Banjo99uk »

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2014, 01:55:02 AM »
It is clearly someone who is at best mentally deluded or at worst mentally ill. It's really not worth bothering with. I could start a blog claiming to be Supermans Mother. Its just nonsense......Now just for you Robert who clearly reads this forum, get some help mate.

+1
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offline2manyguitars

• Lady writer
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2014, 02:02:47 AM »
Couldn't agree more, and in my final communication with him I actually put this to him that he needs help and to move on from some imaginary past into a real future, reading between the lines of one of his posts David Knopfler told him to do the same. All that concerns me is the damage done by him, and a 'myth' becoming 'internet truth' if you know what I mean.

I make a point of correcting any references to 'his part in dire straits', perhaps an agreement for us all to do the same where possible.

interestingly enough I had communication from someone claiming to be his estranged daughter who obviously knows the background, I don't really want to say to much on here because as has been stated 'someone' regularly trawls through here for material, but lets just say that there is definitely some degree of illness involved here....

Onlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2014, 11:48:58 AM »
   I just can't imagine MK calling himself "Dirk"!  :lol     :disbelief
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 11:51:49 AM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineSilvertown

• Lady writer
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2014, 11:53:09 AM »
Quite sad.

Very believable stuff like:

"The guff that Knopfler came out with apart from Money for Nothing, which I wrote about him and Illsley, was the truth Sailing to Philadelphia he wrote and he made sure to get away from anything I had written within minutes of the interview, as though the first Dire Straits album had never existed."

Offline2manyguitars

• Lady writer
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2014, 12:13:23 PM »
Well lets face it David Icke said that we we're all ruled by lizards and he is managing to fill halls and make a successful living....

Anyway I'm off to the mothership to communicate with the lizard masters...he he.....

Onlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2014, 12:24:29 PM »
What I dont get from all this is how MK, his management etc allows this person to publish that stuff in internet without doing nothing...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offline2manyguitars

• Lady writer
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2014, 12:31:05 PM »
I think there's a simple legal argument there and it links to why Marshal will never present any evidence to anyone. Basically he's made no legal claim until he actually comes forth with some evidence, which is why I believe his blog is allowed to stand. If he were to take his claims through a legal route or actually publish some evidence then the official response might be a bit different. He never will and his blog will remain a drunken anecdotal pile of tripe until forever...

Must write that down, would make a decent lyric!

OfflineOld Pigweed

• Guitar George
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2014, 02:31:39 PM »

What an incredible foresight to write the MFN lyrics in 1975 when MTV didn't even start until 1981!

Offline2manyguitars

• Lady writer
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2014, 05:13:30 PM »
Robert Marshall, the man who invented time travel....

But seriously folks, this guy is a nutter, obviously ill, and potentially dangerous. Ignore my initial post because re tackling his claims, all you will end up with is a non stop barrage of abusive emails. I'm in the process of dealing with wordpress over this and with a bit of time and luck this sick man and his delusions will be metaphorically placed in the internet equivalent of 'room 101'.....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.036 seconds with 38 queries.