Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: What are your thoughts on MK & his band touring in the future ? (is it the end)  (Read 16371 times)

Offlinermarques821

• Lady writer
I always witnessed Mark wearings jeans when performing on stage but in  2019 he had switched to larger coton pants.

And also the shoes. I miss the brown leather. Now he only wears these really ugly trainers, which make him look like he just finished elementary school.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
I always witnessed Mark wearings jeans when performing on stage but in  2019 he had switched to larger coton pants.

????

I do love cotton pants, good for a fresher feel!!!! ;D
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms

And also the shoes. I miss the brown leather. Now he only wears these really ugly trainers, which make him look like he just finished elementary school.

Comfort.....
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler

How does that relate to the topic? Sorry just asking

LE

Well if he had worn looser clothing in 2019 for comfort then you could hardly expect him to go on tour in the future and perform in a muumuu.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
His wardrobe has seen better days. He looked great in 2008 IMHO. Maybe he should wear a kaftan on the hotter gigs
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...

How does that relate to the topic? Sorry just asking

LE

Well if he had worn looser clothing in 2019 for comfort then you could hardly expect him to go on tour in the future and perform in a muumuu.

I had also forgotten the shoes change.

The clothing change added to the slowing moving ability had something like of someone with difficulties. Being clothed only with practictal reason in mind because of a form of disability.

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
His wardrobe has seen better days. He looked great in 2008 IMHO. Maybe he should wear a kaftan on the hotter gigs

His "outfit" on the hotter gigs with the short sleeved pink shirt, baggy trousers and trainers was awful.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2021, 05:41:43 PM by dmg »
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov

His "outfit" on the hotter gigs with the short sleeved pink shirt, baggy trousers and trainers was awful.

MK looks like a tourist 😂

Offlinebinone

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Lady writer
This info comes from a close source. Believe it or not, nobody knew, before he did it on stage, that he was going to announce his retirement from live performances, when he did it at Barcelona in 2019. There was a crisis committee soon after that.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2021, 11:35:21 PM by binone »

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
This info comes from a close source. Believe it or not, nobody knew, before he did it on stage, that he was going to announce his retirement from live performances, when he did it at Barcelona in 2019. There was a crisis committee soon after that.

Actually MK told in interviews previous to the tour that touring would be the first thing to be over, that he would continue writing and recording but touring would be over. When I heard that announcement in Barcelona, I took it as the next step to what MK said in those previous interviews.

After all this period of stand by because of the pandemic, I fear MK would stick to that "It's over" thought and last tour was it, I wish he would think about doing small RAH or O2 residencies, sort of what Clapton does, but probably he would want to do it with Richard, Glenn etc and that's an expensive band for a small period of concerts...

I'm a bit pesimistic here.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineKnopfleRick

• Lady writer

Why is this news not very surprising to me? The man only does what he wants!  ;D
This is all the heaven we've got right here where we are in our shangri-la.

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo

Actually MK told in interviews previous to the tour that touring would be the first thing to be over, that he would continue writing and recording but touring would be over. When I heard that announcement in Barcelona, I took it as the next step to what MK said in those previous interviews.

After all this period of stand by because of the pandemic, I fear MK would stick to that "It's over" thought and last tour was it, I wish he would think about doing small RAH or O2 residencies, sort of what Clapton does, but probably he would want to do it with Richard, Glenn etc and that's an expensive band for a small period of concerts...

Why not do a tour like Clapton?? About 15 concerts in Europe and some RAH dates in 4/5 weeks... Have a short break and some concerts in the States.
If he really wants to do it than it is possible. It has nothing to do with money anymore. The concerts will sell out....

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler

Why not do a tour like Clapton?? About 15 concerts in Europe and some RAH dates in 4/5 weeks... Have a short break and some concerts in the States.
If he really wants to do it than it is possible. It has nothing to do with money anymore. The concerts will sell out....

Why not?

Because we are talking about Mark Knopfler, not about Eric Clapton...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineElin N

• Camerado
I believe you Binone  :-\

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov

Yes, and Mark changed it to the silly "play until I fall over". It's not like I want him to stop touring, but changing decisions or lines like that mid-tour looks very disappointing. Is he says that to please the crowd? Is he really want to play till he falls over? Get to the point, Mr. Knopfler!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.045 seconds with 38 queries.