Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Something I noticed abut the Dutch concerts ...  (Read 2488 times)

OfflineStefan Kock

• Guitar George
Something I noticed abut the Dutch concerts ...
« on: November 27, 2011, 01:06:45 PM »
After looking trough all available concerts from Mark's solo career I noticed something about the Dutch concerts. Nothing big, but still interesting. On every solo tour Mark either played a certain song for the last time on that tour or, in one case, added a song in Holland.

* - Are We In Trouble Now (Golden Heart Tour) - Last played in Rotterdam on June 2nd 1996
* - Wild Theme (Sailing To Philadelphia Tour) - First played in Amsterdam on June 17th 2001
* - Baloney Again (Shangri-La Tour) - Last played in Rotterdam on April 18th 2005
* - Devil Baby (Kill To Get Crimson Tour) - First and last played in Amsterdam on March 30th 2008
* - Donegan's Gone (Get Lucky Tour) - Last played in Amsterdam on June 28th 2010
* - Corned Beef City (Knopfler/Dylan Tour) - Last played in Rotterdam on October 20th 2011

The only exception seems to be the All The Roadrunning Tour with Emmylou Harris in 2006. It doesn't seem to matter if he playes Holland early or late in the tour, but seeing Mark in Holland (almost) always provides you with something 'extra'.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
Re: Something I noticed abut the Dutch concerts ...
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 01:28:21 PM »
wasn't cleaning my gun played the first time in Antwerp in 2010? and that is belgium :-)
and of course with the start of the emmylou tour they played some one off's in brussels :-)
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 01:54:12 PM »
Wasn't the Netherlands the first country where the Dire Straits album really took off? Perhaps it is something like a thank-you to the Dutch audience.
And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 02:02:25 PM »
I'm quite proud to be dutch! ;D I saw Mark performing a absolutely brilliant version of Devil Baby in 2008, never forget that moment.
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 02:03:45 PM »
Wasn't the Netherlands the first country where the Dire Straits album really took off? Perhaps it is something like a thank-you to the Dutch audience.
Belgium and Nethelrands, could scan you an interview from back in 78 ;-)
in case someone did not notice, am proud to be Belgian!  :lol

OfflineStefan Kock

• Guitar George
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 02:43:46 PM »
I'm quite proud to be dutch! ;D I saw Mark performing a absolutely brilliant version of Devil Baby in 2008, never forget that moment.

I didn't saw Mark performing an absolutely brilliant version of Devil Baby in 2008. It was sadly the only one of the three concerts in Holland at the start of the Kill To Get Crimson Tour that I didn't attend  ???

Sadly I also didn't attend one of the concerts in 1996, 2005, 2006 and 2011 (for the last one I'm really pissed of at myself as I missed Corned Beef City (my favorite of the new songs and only performed a few times), Privateering and Song For Sonny Liston (which I missed in 2005/2006 and wasn't performed in Holland during the 2008 & 2010 tours), but financials prevented me from going)

I did see however 5 great concerts (2001 - 1 / 2008 - 2 / 2010 - 2) and during the next tour I will certainly be present, even if I have to sell everything I own in order to buy a ticket  ;D

-- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also see it as a 'thank you' to the dutch and he always performs excellent concerts in Holland. Even Isaac mentioned in his blog entry for the June 28th 2010 concert that Mark is almost as relaxed as if he was playing Glasgow or London.

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 04:11:16 PM »
Belgium and Nethelrands, could scan you an interview from back in 78 ;-)
in case someone did not notice, am proud to be Belgian!  :lol

Hallo, Dag, Salut!

Yeah, go ahead, would be great if you find a little spare time to scan the interview. I'm always interested in stuff from the early years.
So far I've only managed to visit Brussel (beautiful+great choice of beers) and the Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps (Eau Rouge is madness!).

And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2011, 05:59:01 PM »
wasn't cleaning my gun played the first time in Antwerp in 2010? and that is belgium :-)
and of course with the start of the emmylou tour they played some one off's in brussels :-)

Cleaning My Gun was performed first in Seattle, the very first concert of the tour.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2011, 08:46:23 PM »

Cleaning My Gun was performed first in Seattle, the very first concert of the tour.
whatever, too me it felt like it was the first time  :lol

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 38 queries.