Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Alan Clark: New Website  (Read 12320 times)

Love Expresso

Re: Alan Clark: New Website
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2010, 09:28:35 PM »
UPDATE on Alan's site! He told the Redonda surfing story, interesting. I think Guy has it also on his site. It is mostly about happy days on Montserrat.
And then in the final part, he keeps on with his already discussed "style"...

but the reason we were there - recording the album - was a different story. For one reason or another we spent the first month getting nowhere, until I suggested we bring in Omar Hakim - who I'd seen and heard recording David Bowie's Let's Dance  record - to lay down the drum tracks. He and I then recorded most of the backing tracks for that album, and the rest of the guys overdubbed their parts later.

Would be interesting to know if MK was there at all...   :disbelief

LE

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2010, 10:09:03 PM »
About BIA recording, Neil Dorfsman and Jack Sonni have already spoken about and agreed, to say the less, that the process did not get on a smooth way and the band ended to be in a real hurry as the planned tour was coming on and the mix were not finished. And BIA's huge success has been acknowledged afterwards as a real surprise for the band.
(reminds me a bit of Pink Floyd's WYWH history)

Link to Neil Dorfsman interview : CLASSIC TRACKS: Dire Straits 'Money For Nothing'
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Rollergirl

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2010, 09:58:03 PM »
but the reason we were there - recording the album - was a different story. For one reason or another we spent the first month getting nowhere, until I suggested we bring in Omar Hakim - who I'd seen and heard recording David Bowie's Let's Dance  record - to lay down the drum tracks. He and I then recorded most of the backing tracks for that album, and the rest of the guys overdubbed their parts later.
Would be interesting to know if MK was there at all...   :disbelief

give him a break, there is no denying his contribution to the sound of DS and it's quite human to want to boost it up on his own webpage. Anybody who has ever cared about a job has contributed to the company they are working for and most of us would embelish the story on our CVs...

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2010, 11:01:23 PM »
The BIA recording is very interesting although I personaly don't like - and actualy never liked - the finished product as an album. The more I listen WW performed by the NHB in 99 for example the more I think DS just f....d it up when recording it, making it the longest track on the album but was going to nowhere else than being a good music for lift.
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 39 queries.