Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: ADELE & MARK KNOPFLER - ALBUM and/or CONCERT together - is that plausible ??  (Read 6687 times)

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
There are loads of fantastic singers like Adele, I dont get all the excitement about her at the moment. 

Jackal

I haven't really heard much of her music, so can't really say if like her or not, but hopefully her popularity will help a lot of people start focusing on talent and kill this obsession with looks, sex and shock factors.

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
This won't happen, they are on different musical paths, I doubt Adele knows who Mark is, and I really doubt she knows his music, she may have heard the odd DS song, like everyone has, but I doubt its on her iPod.
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

Offlineshooting_star_night

• Camerado
Yes it would be a fun idea and the fact Mark is an amazing producer; I just do not see this happening with his new record nearly upon us and his tour(s) with Bob and his own tour later this year.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
There are loads of fantastic singers like Adele, I dont get all the excitement about her at the moment. 

She
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Rollergirl

never heard of her, maybe because I don't watch TV much and listen even less to the radio, or maybe she's not known over here...

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
never heard of her, maybe because I don't watch TV much and listen even less to the radio, or maybe she's not known over here...
huh? do you live on the northpole, or just in Sweden? coz it has been hard to get away from her anywhere...not just on tv or radio.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Jackal

Just listened to a few clips on YT, and she's good. Great talent, but I'm not sure if I would call it exceptional talent. Not sure what the fuss is all about. But, I'd rather listen to her than to Rihanna or that Lady Cookoo. If I were forced, that is. Luckily, I'm not, so I'll play me some Ravel, or Coltrane, or Cooder instead :-)

Rollergirl

huh? do you live on the northpole, or just in Sweden? coz it has been hard to get away from her anywhere...not just on tv or radio.

where apart from TV and radio? I have heard about her on the internet (this thread) but not before.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Well, I regularly look at what is most popular on Amazon and her two albums "19" and "21" have been at the top for 976 and 434 days respectively and also in the UK top 10 for an eternity, so I listened to some of her music on YT just to see!   I think she has a good voice, but not something I could listen to for very long. 
Goin' into Tow Law....

Rollergirl

There is a page on her on Swedish Wiki, so I guess, she is known over here. oh well, like I said I don't see much TV (so she don't mean shit to me  ;D)

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
I agree.
There's a lot of excitement about Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Beyonc

Offlineshooting_star_night

• Camerado
How about Susan Boyle?

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
How about Susan Boyle?

Noooooooooooo!    :o       :disbelief   
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Having heard Ruth Moody at Translatlantic Sessions a week or so ago, I think that MK's voice and hers will sound very good together.  We will soon find out when the new album comes out.    :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 45 queries.