Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: CBS Interview 22nd Sept 2019  (Read 7810 times)

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Re: CBS Interview 22nd Sept 2019
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2019, 09:42:29 AM »
This must be the beach around his house at New Forest

The beach at the end of his garden is facing The English Channel and has lots of groynes going into the sea to help stop erosion.  These pictures seem more like a river, or river estuary.

Yes, I think you both are right, it looks more like a river with low tide as qjamesfloyd mentions, the river flows very close to the studio so it makes more sense.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2019, 11:31:10 AM »
Good advertising for the Madison Sq Garden show, especially playing Walk of Life and showing BIA played from this tour.  Also funny to see Mark riding down a lane and into BG.  Nice engraving on the fuel filler lid BTW.  ;)

The engraving is amazing, though I have a question: this engraving is on every bike he owns or this one is special? And what about the origin of it? Was it a gift or something, maybe it's a Signature Bike? So many questions. You can say just from this little detail how much Mark loves bikes. I'm afraid he's absolutely in love with them!

I thought perhaps a birthday gift for the man who has everything!
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OnlineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2019, 12:02:16 PM »

The beach at the end of his garden is facing The English Channel and has lots of groynes going into the sea to help stop erosion.  These pictures seem more like a river, or river estuary.

Yes, I think you both are right, it looks more like a river with low tide as qjamesfloyd mentions, the river flows very close to the studio so it makes more sense.

It's the 'Beaulieu River' which flows into 'The Solent'  :wave

'The solent' is the stretch of sea between MK's house and the Isle of Wight....
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 12:05:14 PM by Knopflerfan »
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Onlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2019, 12:13:36 PM »

Yes, you're right, it is The Solent that MK's garden looks over, but the picture shown is more likely to be the River Thames at low tide, being so close to the studio.
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2019, 12:15:26 PM »

I think it makes more sense that is the river Thames as they did the interview at British Grove.

OnlineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2019, 01:47:50 PM »
Agreed the clip shown is of the Thames although at certain angles it does look like the Beaulieu estuary near where MK resides ..
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineMK_live

• Camerado
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2019, 07:18:48 PM »
I'd say this is the O2 Arena in London, it's the place where he uses to play GH with a cammera in the guitar. The venue also looks like the O2 Arena...

Who knows if they arranged with the venue to buy the video recording for a dvd/br?

You are 100% correct, the inside of the Antwerp Sportpaleis looks different. Most likely the O2 indeed.

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2019, 09:23:16 AM »
I've made a Coub out of "not worth it" line: coub.com/view/21px63

:lol
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 09:36:48 AM by quizzaciously »

OfflineIngo

• Camerado
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2019, 11:18:12 AM »

Right, the beach where he lives looks totally different, no neighbour houses and such
(how do I know: Mark's house is easy to find on Google maps...)
my Mark Knopfler guitar style website:
http://www.mk-guitar.com/

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2019, 11:30:26 AM »

Right, the beach where he lives looks totally different, no neighbour houses and such

Right. So easy to find I'm actually a little bit worried about spectators stalking him on a daily basis. But probably nobody cares since it's MK, not Paul McCartney or David Gilmour :lol

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2019, 11:44:51 AM »

Right. So easy to find I'm actually a little bit worried about spectators stalking him on a daily basis. But probably nobody cares since it's MK, not Paul McCartney or David Gilmour :lol

That's very difficult. That road has private security, the beguining of the road has very big signs about being private and with security, and if you dare to enter for whatever the reason, there are cammeras everywhere... if you manage to get to his house door and stop, there will be someone watching you and ready to take action in case you are there too long for someone who has entered that road by mistake...

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2019, 11:53:30 AM »
That's very difficult. That road has private security, the beguining of the road has very big signs about being private and with security, and if you dare to enter for whatever the reason, there are cammeras everywhere... if you manage to get to his house door and stop, there will be someone watching you and ready to take action in case you are there too long for someone who has entered that road by mistake...

Yup, I've looked into it and it clearly says "private road" or something. Pretty cool idea to own the whole road so nobody can enter it! Our Russian oligarchs do that too :lol

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2019, 12:03:03 PM »

Yup, I've looked into it and it clearly says "private road" or something. Pretty cool idea to own the whole road so nobody can enter it! Our Russian oligarchs do that too :lol

There are several private roads like that, as the owners of the houses are very important people. John Illsley lives in the same road, for example.

OfflineIngo

• Camerado
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2019, 12:27:19 PM »
With private road, do you mean the little 'drive' from the road to his house? I am sure that this is private as the whole estate belongs to Mark.
Or do you mean the bigger  .. lane? It runs along so many houses and estates, here in Germany such a road is never private
my Mark Knopfler guitar style website:
http://www.mk-guitar.com/

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2019, 12:37:08 PM »
With private road, do you mean the little 'drive' from the road to his house? I am sure that this is private as the whole estate belongs to Mark.
Or do you mean the bigger  .. lane? It runs along so many houses and estates, here in Germany such a road is never private

The lane. It states very clearly that is private and that there are private security watching.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 35 queries.