Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: WTF?! (Or The XXL Mark Knopfler Stratocaster)  (Read 2568 times)

foma

WTF?! (Or The XXL Mark Knopfler Stratocaster)
« on: November 25, 2013, 10:13:06 PM »
Just found this:

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Re: WTF?! (Or The XXL Mark Knopfler Stratocaster)
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 10:48:47 PM »
It was a guitar festival where Mk played this summer. Actually on guy's diariy entry there is a picture of Mk with that giant guitar.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 11:02:10 AM »
St Julien En Genevois Guitar festival, I was there. Good gig and extraordinary standing audience. Felt like the old DS days...
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 11:30:42 AM »
Concert was really good, organisation of the festival was one of the worst ever. Queueing for ages, no-one knew what would happen with the early entry. Early entry at 5.30pm, 6pm, it ended up with 7pm. It was extremely hot that day and a girl in line didn't feel well, we had to scream like idiots to the security guys before they finally paid attention to her and took her inside to recover.  :disbelief

However the concert was really good afterwards I don't think I will do a general admission show again in France

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 12:00:47 PM »
Concert was really good, organisation of the festival was one of the worst ever. Queueing for ages, no-one knew what would happen with the early entry. Early entry at 5.30pm, 6pm, it ended up with 7pm. It was extremely hot that day and a girl in line didn't feel well, we had to scream like idiots to the security guys before they finally paid attention to her and took her inside to recover.  :disbelief

However the concert was really good afterwards I don't think I will do a general admission show again in France

That's one of the things I love about France - they're so disorganised and laid back!  We're so organised and stressed out here in the UK.  Wonder who lives longer... :think
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 12:36:11 PM »

That's one of the things I love about France - they're so disorganised and laid back!  We're so organised and stressed out here in the UK.  Wonder who lives longer... :think

Come to Spain then. France would be perfect for you  :lol
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineLis

• Lady writer
  • Heap big trouble in the land of plenty.
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 06:40:53 AM »
I was super fortunate to be able to see three general admission shows this tour (Loerrach, St Julien and Barcelona).  I'll go any of them again -- anytime!!!  ...especially St Julien!! ;)
If you ain’t got whiskey
(really, seriously) Don’t tell me that you ain’t got gin

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2013, 11:03:30 AM »
St Julien Guitar festival is run by volunteers but they were not well briefed. So going to the right place to get the wrist pass was a bit cahotic*.
But the people there were very nice and helpful.

But in the end St Julien is by far the best of the (few) gig  I attended this year.

* : in 2010 the first RAH night was also a complete mess to collect our MK.com pre sale tix...
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2013, 11:21:48 AM »
St Julien Guitar festival is run by volunteers but they were not well briefed. So going to the right place to get the wrist pass was a bit cahotic*.

But in the end St Julien is by far the best of the (few) gig  I attended this year.

* : in 2010 the first RAH night was also a complete mess to collect our MK.com pre sale tix...

I had an issue at the RAH this year (2nd night I think).  It turned out that there were two David Gray's with pre-sale tickets.  The other one had collected his before I arrived and they had only printed off one set of tickets!  They had to print off new tickets while I stood there waiting at the door!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 11:23:53 AM by dmg »

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2013, 11:28:20 AM »

I had an issue at the RAH this year (2nd night I think).  It turned out that there were two David Gray's with pre-sale tickets.  The other one had collected his before I arrived and they had only printed off one set of tickets!  They had to print off new tickets while I stood there waiting at the door!

Good idea to use your middle initial next time, dmg!    ;)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2013, 11:38:25 AM »

You guys had the same name on purpose to put mk.com in trouble. 
Not on their "Tickets for dummies" book, they can't handle that kind of gray zone.  :lol

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2013, 08:19:52 PM »
Right bunch of jokers on here, eh? ::)

;)

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 40 queries.