Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Album leak?  (Read 105105 times)

Offlinerudiger

• Camerado
Re: Album leak?
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2012, 06:34:54 PM »
although I was among the bidders, I think it was right to close the auction early. I have seen, in  the past,  many of these promos sold on ebay but never three weeks prior to the regular album release

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2012, 06:51:35 PM »
Do you not think it is a bit of a coincidence that it was removed 2 hours after Jbaent pointed it out here. I know of a big formula 1 team who look at ebay for pit crew clothing and other insider stuff to make sure its not being sold on. I also know they have succesfully sacked employees for doing it.

Offlinerudiger

• Camerado
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2012, 07:00:58 PM »
sincerely I think that the auction has been online too long. I guess that record companies have someone who monitors eBay auctions

http://pages.ebay.com/help/community/vero-aboutme.html

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2012, 08:36:54 PM »
Back in 2004 I was in London, for a photo session and of course I went to 20 record stores and I found the Shangri La promo, around the 15th of August.So it is not so unusual if you consider that the send day is the 31st. I have even found promos (with watermark) in Greece, very near the actual release date.
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2012, 09:10:14 PM »
What is so special about that watermark? Can somebody tell a bit more about that? :)
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2012, 09:31:31 PM »
Generally an audio watermark is usually a way to prevent advance promo copies to leak. Some companies do it by clipping music or putting a voice over saying "Property of ...".  But the latest watermarks are more sinister. You get the music and there is a unique signal with info hidden in the tracks that can be heard from specific machines. So if they trace a leak they can spot from which exact promo CD it came. The journalist who was the original owner, is banned from further promos. Of course you can find many such promos after the day of release, and I don't even think that the companies care after the release.
How and why do you know about a watermark on a CD? The law does not allow any company to use such tactics that can incriminate you, at least not without your knowledge. So every promo containing a watermark, simply Has to state that it does.
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2012, 09:35:11 PM »
Generally an audio watermark is usually a way to prevent advance promo copies to leak. Some companies do it by clipping music or putting a voice over saying "Property of ...".  But the latest watermarks are more sinister. You get the music and there is a unique signal with info hidden in the tracks that can be heard from specific machines. So if they trace a leak they can spot from which exact promo CD it came. The journalist who was the original owner, is banned from further promos. Of course you can find many such promos after the day of release, and I don't even think that the companies care after the release.
How and why do you know about a watermark on a CD? The law does not allow any company to use such tactics that can incriminate you, at least not without your knowledge. So every promo containing a watermark, simply Has to state that it does.

Thank you VGONIS! Very clear now:-)
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

OfflineMesch

• Guitar George
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2012, 01:46:57 PM »
Nothing yet? Arrrrrrrrr .... :lol

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2012, 06:23:54 PM »
I dont know if I
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 06:27:01 PM by jbaent »
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2012, 06:36:28 PM »
jbaent pubicly selling promotional items before the official street date release is just wrong.

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2012, 06:40:39 PM »
jbaent pubicly selling promotional items before the official street date release is just wrong.

Did I tell it was right? I said its illegal and it is.

My point is why someone has to act like a squealer in front of anyone involved with MK.

The fact that it doesnt really harm anyone to do that doesnt mean its right, it just mean it doesnt hurt anyone.

Its the squealing think what piss me off.

Mona Dee

« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2012, 06:41:36 PM »
I think, this person just want to be fair and help mk to sell his new album. If I understand it correctly, he wrote to Guy , because this promo was to be sold before the release...

But in the last weeks we could read now and then, that people were writing to Guy " not to be published for forum " , like this time, but Guy still posted. What do you think about it ? Maybe he posted it because he doesn`t want to get so much "private" mails ?? An email to the "private writer" would do it  too, I think..

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2012, 06:43:27 PM »
I think, this person just want to be fair and help mk to sell his new album. If I understand it correctly, he wrote to Guy , because this promo was to be sold before the release...

But in the last weeks we could read now and then, that people were writing to Guy " not to be published for forum " , like this time, but Guy still posted. What do you think about it ? Maybe he posted it because he doesn`t want to get so much "private" mails ?? An email to the "private writer" would do it  too, I think..

Again, I mention that MK management or the Record Company has someone chasing that, so to act like a squealer is pointless, besides being cool in front of everybody.

And what piss me off more of these squealers is the sensation of being spied by someone that looks to be cool in front of Guy, MK, the band etc etc. Its not the first time that these squealers use what we talk here to look cool in the Guy forum, and I dislike a lot that behaviours...
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 06:48:59 PM by jbaent »

Mona Dee

« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2012, 06:55:18 PM »
I can understand that you are a bit disappointed, if you were a bidder...but taking the promo away from ebay before the release is ok for me... imo he/she only wanted to help. And if he/she wanted to be cool : we revealed that ,  and he/she is not cool anymore  ;)

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2012, 06:58:14 PM »
Same when that "man" went and told Guy that one of our French friends had been filming on the last tour. .. these are the REAL get a lifers.  ::)
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 42 queries.