Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Dire Straits  (Read 27437 times)

OfflineIrisRose

• Not just another angel
  • Founder
  • Romeo
Re: Dire Straits
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2010, 04:50:28 PM »
I'm very uncomfortable with selling bootlegs on this site, silvers or no.    Once semi legal, now they are not.   No matter what the history is and who has them and loves them, now it is not legal.    I don't think it can get any clearer than that. 
But a spoonful of forgiveness
Goes a long, long way
And we all should do our best
To get along

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
Re: Dire Straits
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2010, 02:16:21 PM »
Hi there,
being new to AMIT, i can't help thinking what i have missed, all this time. Collecting is so much different than listening to, and i sometimes wonder if i could ever listen to all the stocked CDs and Vinyl i have, (not only MK/DS) at least once before i die. Since the bootlegs, silvers are not that hard to record and create, the collectible factor has to do with the quantities manufactured and the demand from collectors. But is it the item or the actual recording that inflates the desire? Do you think that you will fulfill your desire with a silver or with a CDR of the same content? I don't know, maybe it is a philosophical issue, and a psychological one, as well, but i do believe that some things will change with the internet downloading. I am older generation fan, vinyl mostly, don't like downloading that much, but i tend to think that the music is a form of expression - art that can truly be appreciated even without the actual object containing it. The enhanced feeling when you hold a record of your favorite artist with a shiny cover and a touch of detail that can (sometimes)worth the money paid alone with the music as an extra bonus. Paying money to download feels like paying for thin air, but then again do you remember your childhood days, when all the music that made you dream came from a one - speaker radio? Fantastic times(i confess that i wouldn't like to go back there, except if the world could go back as well. Pure things...)
 Todd Rundgren said that musicians should make money by playing live music. This is the only way to fight downloading and burning CDs. And anyway, unless the artist sell millions, he usually never sees a dime from the record company. It is playing live and selling merchandise. Of course this alone is not a reason to make copies of your music and spreading them around. But wouldn't it be nice to buy them cheaper, say 5
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.025 seconds with 38 queries.