Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
One Deep River / The Boy / Mark on Later with Jools Holland
« Last post by Vesper on Today at 03:01:58 PM »
Mark will be on Later with Jools Holland.

He is mentioned in this article:
https://www.bbc.com/mediacentre/proginfo/2024/23/later-with-jools-holland

He's not mentioned in this episode, but is on the picture:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001zr9y

BIA gets a bit of a hard time in my eyes. Its slated and derided by many because of its huge success and the Yuppie demographic it became associated with.

When I listen to the album I hear innovation. I hear a band using cutting edge technology to stretch themselves. I hear an album which exists sonically completely in a place of its own, try and find an album that sounds anything like BIA.

Is is perfect - Far from.
Is it the best DS album - Probably not, LOG and MM are 'epics'.
But it does deserve evaluation based purely on its own merits not the cultural phenomenon it became.

Just watched the Nile Rogers episode, he is always a great one for stories, having worked for so many years with so many people, it is great seeing Mark out of his comfort zone too, sailing of into the sunset on a yacht with Nile Rogers and Brian Johnson is not something I thought I would ever see Mark doing!! Good On You Son.

MK was so relaxed in that episode and actually led the programme instead of Brian, Brian taking more of a backseat! MK didn't walk very well I noted but nonetheless he was in great spirits!
Mark Knopfler Discussion Forum / Re: KnopflerTK Unlimited
« Last post by Pottel on Today at 12:55:36 PM »
My Kaspersky says the site is not trustworthy.
I don't know if Kaspersky is trustworthy, though  :lol
ignore the russian software :-)
Mark Knopfler Discussion Forum / Re: LOVE OVER GOLD
« Last post by shangri la 1 on Today at 12:04:34 PM »
Nice video. The grungy sound that it gives resonates with me. I am jealous of all you folks who can play. I'm just a listener. . . which where MK is concerned not too bad. :clap :wave

SL 1
Mark Knopfler Discussion Forum / Re: KnopflerTK Unlimited
« Last post by stratmad on Today at 10:51:50 AM »
My Kaspersky says the site is not trustworthy.
I don't know if Kaspersky is trustworthy, though  :lol
BIA is in my book the best DS album ever. Its beyond a classic, its a masterprice. Like Jackson had his Thriller, Springsteen his Born In.... MK has his BIA.
Soundtrack of my youth.

Brothers from Mandela is still the most iconic performance ever. 
Mark Knopfler Discussion Forum / Re: Most underrated DS/MK songs
« Last post by iorch82 on Today at 08:41:37 AM »
When it comes to you - not a lot to say, probably the only song I prefer on the record vs live.
How Long - really nice vibes, simple and to the point
Junkie Doll - This was probably one of the 3 or 4 climaxes of the 2001 shows.
You and Your friend - it's a bit of a BIA clone, but who cares. The OTN rendition is just cenit Dire Straits.
Kingdom of Gold - Probably the last big MK song.
Planet of new Orleans - Not being in any oficial recording pushed the song to "obscure fan favorite" status, and it can legitimately be there hand in hand with other big names such as TOL and I am not even kidding. 
Just watched the Nile Rogers episode, he is always a great one for stories, having worked for so many years with so many people, it is great seeing Mark out of his comfort zone too, sailing of into the sunset on a yacht with Nile Rogers and Brian Johnson is not something I thought I would ever see Mark doing!! Good On You Son.
Vesper is wrong on length of bruce shows. I've seen 6 on this tour, shortest was 2 hours 45 mins. Longest was 3 hrs 10. No 2 hour show. Set lists more structured than before but around 80 or 90 different songs played so far.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.028 seconds with 31 queries.