Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: About Back To Tupelo  (Read 14358 times)

Offlinenababo

• Camerado
Re: About Back To Tupelo
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2013, 01:52:59 AM »
Guys, warm up is over! Race mode!   8) WARNING: If you are not interested deeply, you don't have to open the attached file. It's only an additional info!
Now I'm getting really maniac: The input of dmg was a kind of inspiration and i wanted to think about the whole more precisely. So i made a table with the lyrics and the three views (third party, inner view of elvis, colonel parker), to have a kind of overview. I attached the file for all the registered users. I've copied the result of this thinking process, so that also the guests can be part of the fun i had.  :lol (But to see the table, you've to register  ;))

I rest my case! Very well done!
And maybe we could dig another interesting songs to talk about in this high level of work!

Love over gold, mind over matter

Love Expresso

« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2013, 07:50:33 AM »
Yes I am absolutely astonished about the high and concentrated quality of this thread - no off topics, no fooling around (which of course is great) only thinking, information, opinions. Encourages me to think about a "About In The Sky" thread... another one of Mark's songs which I think about for years...

LE

Offlineyontwocrows

• Camerado
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2013, 01:41:02 PM »
My Happiness / That's When Your Heartaches Begin was a private accetate Elvis recorded on  July 18th 1953. A second private accetate (I'll Never Stand In Your Way /  It Wouldn't Be The Same Without You) was recorded by Elvis on January 4th 1954. That's All Right was indeed Elvis's first SUN single. (recorded on July 5th 1954 and released (backed with Blue Moon Of Kentucky) on July 19th 1954)

Thanks for info

Wow - that's got to be the ultimate in analyses!  Kind of like the sort of thing I did at school when I was reading The Great Gatsby etc! ;D  Seriously well done though YTC, I'll give you an A+ for that!

Ha Ha, thanks!

Yes I am absolutely astonished about the high and concentrated quality of this thread - no off topics, no fooling around (which of course is great) only thinking, information, opinions. Encourages me to think about a "About In The Sky" thread... another one of Mark's songs which I think about for years...
Lets do it! I need a new challenge! ;D

OfflineLis

• Lady writer
  • Heap big trouble in the land of plenty.
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2013, 11:35:32 PM »

LE
Aaaahhh ...In The Sky.

I would appreciate an an analysis of this beautiful, yet puzzling song.  It is definitely worthy of this kind of analysis. :D
If you ain’t got whiskey
(really, seriously) Don’t tell me that you ain’t got gin

OfflineLis

• Lady writer
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2013, 11:59:35 PM »
Yikes!  :hmm I am behind on my reading!  I found the thread for In The Sky...  :smack
If you ain’t got whiskey

Offlinenababo

• Camerado
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2013, 12:11:19 AM »
Yikes!  :hmm I am behind on my reading!  I found the thread for In The Sky...  :smack

And it's going to get better before it gets worse. Be prepared to a full discussion of the entire catalogue!
Love over gold, mind over matter

OfflineLis

• Lady writer
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2013, 12:30:29 AM »

And it's going to get better before it gets worse. Be prepared to a full discussion of the entire catalogue!

Verrry cool!  I must ask for more vacation from work... 8)
If you ain’t got whiskey

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.085 seconds with 41 queries.