Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: First impressions (**Spoiler alert**)  (Read 35389 times)

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
Re: First impressions (**Spoiler alert**)
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2018, 09:51:17 PM »
Why is Rail King allowed to listen to an album which will released at November the 16th? Does he work for Mark?

it's up to him to answer, but I guess he is a journalist, or has a job "close to" journalism

many journalists (or medias in general) can lisen to albums long before their release, in order to write articles

As far as I am concerned, I am not a journalist, but I work at a TV Channel and I am allowed to write (few) articles on a french website, I explained it on te first page of this topic : https://www.amarkintime.org/forum/index.php?topic=6343.0

so I have many contacts at labels, and I got via email many many many links to listen to many many albums before their release.
I also got many physical "promo" discs (yes the ones known as "collectors").
Its' the natural business : labels sent these CD to media in order to have promotion

I also asked for an interview by phone with Mark....let's wait and see... ::)

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
    • Blog about music
« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2018, 09:54:49 PM »
Thank you so much JF for the exhaustive answers. Certainly these answers make me understand that, unlike the last album, the latter will really be a superb album.  :)

I don't want to get into Tracker bashing, because it is great in many ways, and I like it too, but I foud it "predictable", I havent' got any surprise on it, while this new album really surprised me. I must admit I had lost hope since several years for having surprise again with a MK album, and I was wrong !

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #77 on: October 26, 2018, 07:53:20 PM »
Hey guys! I've been absent due to my studies but every now and then I drop by to check what's going on. Loved GOYS - despite the not so remarkable chorus - and having read the reviews JF and Rail King kindly presented us with all I can say is I haven't been this excited to put my hands on an album since STP. Everything sounds very promising.
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #78 on: October 26, 2018, 08:04:41 PM »
Hey guys! I've been absent due to my studies but every now and then I drop by to check what's going on. Loved GOYS - despite the not so remarkable chorus - and having read the reviews JF and Rail King kindly presented us with all I can say is I haven't been this excited to put my hands on an album since STP. Everything sounds very promising.

Good to have you back.  I was worried the file I sent you had destroyed your computer!  :o :smack
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
    • Blog about music
« Reply #79 on: October 26, 2018, 10:21:19 PM »

welcome back Ed !  :wave

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #80 on: October 27, 2018, 04:23:33 PM »
Thanks, dmg and JF:) My computer is stil running, your file only brought me joy, thank you and jbaent for the links  8)

JF, is there any remarkable guitar solo on the album?
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
    • Blog about music
« Reply #81 on: October 27, 2018, 04:35:15 PM »

not really. there are a lot of lead licks between sung phrases, but not any particular solo
I think the longest one is the slide outro on Just a Boy Away from Home, and I bet you will like the lead guitar on back on the dance floor,
but don't expect any epic or catchy guitar solo so to say. the good thing is more about the global impression on the whole album : sound, groove, feeling, atmosphere...

OfflineGIUMK

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #82 on: October 27, 2018, 09:03:18 PM »

not really. there are a lot of lead licks between sung phrases, but not any particular solo
I think the longest one is the slide outro on Just a Boy Away from Home, and I bet you will like the lead guitar on back on the dance floor,
but don't expect any epic or catchy guitar solo so to say. the good thing is more about the global impression on the whole album : sound, groove, feeling, atmosphere...

Thanks again JF, your explanations are creating more and more enthusiasm for the new album. From what I've always read from your review and our constant questions, I read a positive impression on Back On The Dance Floor. So, reading also the review that brought us Shangri la 1, I gather that, since there will be on sale even a version with a 12 "guitar tablature of Back On The Dancefloor, we may already have guessed the next single. :D

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #83 on: October 27, 2018, 09:09:17 PM »
Maybe the second single before November 16 :)
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

OfflineGIUMK

• Camerado
« Reply #84 on: October 27, 2018, 09:14:42 PM »
Maybe the second single before November 16 :)

Who knows, maybe! ;)

OfflineGuitarman1972

• Camerado
« Reply #85 on: October 28, 2018, 12:42:55 PM »
JF/RailKing, does the new album have a strong typical Knopfler style riff driven song? Like songs as MFN, HF, WII, WAM, ....

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
« Reply #86 on: October 28, 2018, 01:37:41 PM »
So, you who have already heard his new album.. do you hope he picks many songs from this one for the tour or just a few?

I would like some mixed from Privateering, Ragpickers Dream... also DS of course...and of course some from the new album which will probably happen anyway...

OfflineGIUMK

• Camerado
« Reply #87 on: October 28, 2018, 03:11:34 PM »
Hi Guitarman and vr46mk. Sorry if I'm intruding. Also I would like to read the answer (maybe to keep us curious about the subject until the release of the album) but if you look in the various answers that JF has given you will surely find the answer to your question. :) :wave

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
    • Blog about music
« Reply #88 on: October 28, 2018, 11:39:04 PM »
JF/RailKing, does the new album have a strong typical Knopfler style riff driven song? Like songs as MFN, HF, WII, WAM, ....

Trapper man has a kind of riff/theme played several times, in the WAM style. but it's more a melody/lead line played on guitar rather than a riff imho
apart from this, no, not really

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
    • Blog about music
« Reply #89 on: October 28, 2018, 11:40:17 PM »
So, you who have already heard his new album.. do you hope he picks many songs from this one for the tour or just a few?

I would like some mixed from Privateering, Ragpickers Dream... also DS of course...and of course some from the new album which will probably happen anyway...

hard to say. imho there are sevevral songs that could work very well live, but his choices are always a bit weird you know

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.057 seconds with 35 queries.