Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Need a little picture help  (Read 23459 times)

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
Re: Need a little picture help
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2012, 05:16:36 PM »
I was actually looking for a real poster, like this one, but with less writing on it:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Mark-Knopfler-The-first-solo-tour-Promoplakat-Konzertplakat-Tourposter-/330691005887?pt=Poster&hash=item4cfeb84dbf

There are also promo posters, advertising the Darlink Pretty single for example, but those are only mag ads and are therefore too small.
The blue DS one also looks nice... A big LOG poster would look great too, I'm sure. I already have one but it has quite a few tears on the edges because the attached concert tickets are too heavy (Don't ask me why but I attach all my concert tickets to posters).

By the way, it's quite ironic to complain about my irony. There have been other ironic comments in the past that have been far more inappropriate. Just saying. And of course I was not offended, twm. It's just that if you're looking for something very hard, it's a little bit annoying to find some (nonetheless funny) Shakespeare anecdotes instead of poster links ;)

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2012, 05:53:21 PM »
That's OK, goldenheart. No offence taken. We'll call it a draw.

Actually, my wife has a spare of a poster with that photo. At the top, to the right of MK's head, it says: Sultans of Swing - The Very Best of Dire Straits", and in the bottom of the right-hand corner, it has small Vertigo logo. It's a double-sided poster. On the reverse is the blue, yellow and white poster for the same album.

If you're interested in making an offer, let me know.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 05:58:08 PM by twm »

Love Expresso

« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2012, 07:58:42 PM »

Actually, my wife has a spare of a poster with that photo. 

Actually, that's ironic!!  :)

LE

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2012, 08:59:30 PM »
Yes, it is ironic but entirely genuine.

Following a recent house move, I came across a huge carton some weeks ago, with Polygram parcel tape on it, and remembered that, long ago, I'd been given it by our local record shop owner (are there any local single-owner record shops now?) who had remembered my wife's interest in DS/MK. I couldn't recall what the carton contained, so I checked. Mainly, it was a big cardboard construction, in a sort of 3-D format, with the artwork of that album. It came with some flat cardboard advertising sheets with short details from the album.  

Also in the carton were copies of a poster. I knew that the poster related to the album, with the blue, yellow and white design, because all the rest of the contents of the carton were that same design. I also knew but had forgotten that there was a photo of MK on the other side and that he was wearing a red shirt.  It didn't occur to me, until earlier today, that I ought to check the carton again to see exactly which photo was on the other side.

Lo and behold, it was a version of the poster, as illustrated in earlier postings, in pretty much mint condition, too - no pinholes, not a fold on it and the corners intact. It's about 30" (say 75 cm) by about 20" (say 50 cm) and, having now taken one out of the carton, quite a handsome beast. My wife has confirmed that she would like to sell the duplicate poster.

Mea culpa.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 09:50:18 PM by twm »

Jackal

« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2012, 09:26:49 PM »
Seems you got lucky, goldie.

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2012, 09:52:46 PM »
I haven't heard from goldenheart (yet?) but, in my defence, I genuinely thought she was trying to find a copy on-line, so that she could download it and print it off. It was when she said she wanted the actual poster that I thought I'd better check out the carton.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 11:04:09 PM by twm »

Jackal

« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2012, 09:57:59 PM »
I haven't heard from goldenheart (yet?) but, in my defence, I genuinely thought he was trying to find a copy on-line, so that he could download it and print it off. It was when he said he wanted the actual poster that I thought I'd better check out the carton.

Quick! Edit your post - goldenheart is a she.

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2012, 11:04:38 PM »
I have done so.

Jackal

« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2012, 11:29:46 PM »

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2012, 11:58:49 PM »
I was actually looking for a real poster, like this one, but with less writing on it:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Mark-Knopfler-The-first-solo-tour-Promoplakat-Konzertplakat-Tourposter-/330691005887?pt=Poster&hash=item4cfeb84dbf

There are also promo posters, advertising the Darlink Pretty single for example, but those are only mag ads and are therefore too small.
The blue DS one also looks nice... A big LOG poster would look great too, I'm sure. I already have one but it has quite a few tears on the edges because the attached concert tickets are too heavy (Don't ask me why but I attach all my concert tickets to posters).

By the way, it's quite ironic to complain about my irony. There have been other ironic comments in the past that have been far more inappropriate. Just saying. And of course I was not offended, twm. It's just that if you're looking for something very hard, it's a little bit annoying to find some (nonetheless funny) Shakespeare anecdotes instead of poster links ;)
you know me GH, i don't mean it in a bad way. :-)
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2012, 12:31:00 PM »
No word from goldenheart yet, I'm afraid.

Love Expresso

« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2012, 07:16:13 PM »
I sent her a message via FB, it seems she's a little stressed out. She will show up here again, that's for sure!  :)

LE

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2012, 07:19:13 PM »
I was actually about to post something along the lines of, "I do hope nothing's wrong".

What's FB?

Love Expresso

« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2012, 07:23:43 PM »
I am happy to report that I know that it's FACEBOOK! After all those years I finally decided to give myself right into the hands of social network and get advertized by Mr. Zuckerberg all the time... oh and sorry of course for using this abbreviation, I myself don't like it and should not use it myself!

LE

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2012, 07:32:24 PM »
Of course, I know of Facebook. Indeed I saw the film about Zuckerberg on some longish flight once and have read articles about the guy and his service in magazines. I am not on Facebook myself and I personally know several people, younger than me, who signed up for it, used it for a while and then gave it up - or, at least, tried to and never use it now.  I've read something about Zuckerberg's future development plans, too, and they sound even more worrying than my concersn about its current incarnation. Doubtless, it has its uses but I can do without it and hope that continues to be the case.

Thanks, anyway, for your efforts, LE.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.037 seconds with 50 queries.