Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Garrick Club "Admit women or we quit"  (Read 282 times)

OfflineGuitarman1972

• Camerado
Garrick Club "Admit women or we quit"
« on: Today at 09:24:44 AM »
"Sting and Mark Knopfler have co-signed a letter with leading theatre producers and actors, warning that they will be obliged to resign their memberships of the men-only Garrick Club if members refuse to approve a decision to admit women in a vote next Tuesday." - Guardian

What I don't understand is why you would sign such a thing. There are many women clubs were men are totally not welcome. Why can't you have also a men club?

I am sick and tired of the whole woke movement and the attack on masculinity. Emancipation is a one way direction. You hear women constantly demanding for top positions in politics and boards of corporations. While a couple of years ago the five most powerful people of England where all women. You don't hear women demanding higher percentage of women within the hard and bad paying jobs that men mostly do.

Long list of women organisations:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_women%27s_organizations

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Re: Garrick Club "Admit women or we quit"
« Reply #1 on: Today at 09:48:00 AM »
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/article/2024/may/07/garrick-club-votes-to-accept-female-members-women

The vote was successful. The members voted to allow women members. It's their club, so they can decide how they want to run it.

What I don't understand is why you would sign such a thing. There are many women clubs were men are totally not welcome. Why can't you have also a men club?

You can. You can start one today. Knock yourself out.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineWizard

• Guitar George
« Reply #2 on: Today at 10:09:13 AM »
Men are such wimps. To hide in the safety in the Garrick Club away from the misandrist abuse of feminist women is pathetic. Better to admit women  and blackball any woman who steps out of line.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:16:41 AM »
Men are such wimps. To hide in the safety in the Garrick Club away from the misandrist abuse of feminist women is pathetic. Better to admit women  and blackball any woman who steps out of line.

So the Garrick Club members can't be wimps then, as they have just voted to admit women. I'm sure they will be looking forward to admitting women so they can show them who's really boss as you suggest.  ::)

Offlinermarques821

• Lady writer
« Reply #4 on: Today at 11:35:30 AM »
"Sting and Mark Knopfler have co-signed a letter with leading theatre producers and actors, warning that they will be obliged to resign their memberships of the men-only Garrick Club if members refuse to approve a decision to admit women in a vote next Tuesday." - Guardian

I am sick and tired of the whole woke movement and the attack on masculinity. Emancipation is a one way direction. You hear women constantly demanding for top positions in politics and boards of corporations. While a couple of years ago the five most powerful people of England where all women. You don't hear women demanding higher percentage of women within the hard and bad paying jobs that men mostly do.

Long list of women organisations:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_women%27s_organizations
Why? Because of public pressure, as it says in the article.
And if you're sick and tired of the woke nonsense, I suggest you buckle your seatbelt because I think it's going to get much worse in years to come. Or just move to a country where people don't tolerate this bullshit.

OfflineLove Expresso

• Lady writer
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:12:18 PM »
Jesus, what's going on here?

LE
I don't want no sugar in it, thank you very much!

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing

OfflineGuitarman1972

• Camerado
« Reply #7 on: Today at 02:26:55 PM »
Mark his motivation:
"The musicians Sting and Mark Knopfler, along with Fry, wrote saying they would resign because “public controversy over this issue” had put them in an untenable position, jeopardising their relations with female colleagues.".

Geez, aren't men allowed anymore to have some good time among eachother? Being able to speak and joke out freely. Being able to goof around and have an evening without drama. A mixed group of men and women has different dynamics. There are also clubs/organisations that are not men only, which women can join. Women can also create their own club or a mixed club. Seems feminists specifically targeted this club. This is all part of the feminist agenda to establish a matriarchaat society. Women making it men impossible to organize themselves among themselves.

Feminist are constantly look for new things to target and take down. What is next? A demand that there will be no more men soccer teams? Insisting that a team is 50% mixed?

Seems it becomes time No Ma'am gets revived...

Men should dare to stand their ground. Instead of succumbing to political correctness and peer pressure. Dare to be controversial instead of being a conformist to the majority.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #8 on: Today at 02:35:16 PM »
this is a non issue. the vote has been cast, women are in, everyon can start their own club. end of story. closing this coz it is no longer relevant.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #9 on: Today at 02:35:36 PM »
Geez, aren't men allowed anymore to have some good time among eachother?

There are still plenty of places where you will be able to hang around with lots of other men.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.029 seconds with 39 queries.