Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: (11) Wherever I Go (feat Ruth Moody) (6:24)  (Read 84274 times)

Offlinegeordie_60

• Local Hero
Re: (11) Wherever I Go (feat Ruth Moody) (6:24)
« Reply #225 on: April 09, 2015, 12:23:13 AM »
As expected, the guy with best camera won a competition. When it comes to visual arts, the quality comes first.

No disrespect but the most important thing is the photographer not the camera. Anyone can buy a great camera or car etc but this doesnt mean they know how to get the best out of it. Regards.

foma

« Reply #226 on: April 09, 2015, 01:03:16 AM »
I remember Guy's competition for ‘Inamorata’ solo and from all submissions the winner was just a guy who recorded it better than others.
It's funny because prize was a cheap Squier guitar with Mark's signature on it, and the winner used a very pricy mic and a Taylor guitar.

It makes me think that all competitions are basically is just a complete bull**** and genuine waste of time both for an artist and a ‘brand new’ artist.

Offlineyontwocrows

• Camerado
« Reply #227 on: April 09, 2015, 12:20:03 PM »
I'm glad that i have not been a part of the jury. It was impossible for me to watch all the videos. I must be in a certain mood to like this special song, and now i'm certainly not in such a bluesy mood. So it's really hard to listen to the song over and over and to see so many mediocre videos. Who of you has seen all vids?

foma

« Reply #228 on: April 09, 2015, 01:11:12 PM »
I'm glad that i have not been a part of the jury. It was impossible for me to watch all the videos. I must be in a certain mood to like this special song, and now i'm certainly not in such a bluesy mood. So it's really hard to listen to the song over and over and to see so many mediocre videos. Who of you has seen all vids?

I did it, there was not so many videos with a good picture quality and story at the same time, but the winner didn't made something special.

He stated in the description 'Friday shot, saturday edit, sunday edit, monday upload'.

Great Mark, next time give us not a great Tracker CD, just make something in couple of days from the top of your head and that's it!

Offlinewespresso

• Camerado
  • Stick at it..
« Reply #229 on: April 09, 2015, 01:35:33 PM »
I just watched the winning video..and meh I've seen better video's

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #230 on: April 09, 2015, 03:24:10 PM »
Where can I find the other video's?
Only saw the one from our own Shangri-La which caught the story of the song much better imo. Don't know if he sent it to this contest

OfflineThrottle

• Camerado

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #232 on: April 09, 2015, 04:51:54 PM »
Thanks  :thumbsup

Offlineyontwocrows

• Camerado
« Reply #233 on: April 09, 2015, 09:47:50 PM »

I did it, there was not so many videos with a good picture quality and story at the same time, but the winner didn't made something special.

He stated in the description 'Friday shot, saturday edit, sunday edit, monday upload'.

Great Mark, next time give us not a great Tracker CD, just make something in couple of days from the top of your head and that's it!
Me deepest respect, Mr foma. This was really a hard task. I've watched also the vid that was a favourite of yours, which i liked better than the winning vid, but i think it's not easy to make an interesting video to this slow title. Oklahoma Ponies would be easier  ;)

foma

« Reply #234 on: April 09, 2015, 11:03:02 PM »
Haha, yes, or Beryl. Best example of recent music video to me is Paul McCartney' new song 'New' from New album (just want to be able to say that).

It share some similarities with Beryl also. It's short, it's upbeat, it's catchy, it's in old style, it was played live in promo shows.

foma

« Reply #235 on: April 13, 2015, 10:48:11 AM »
By the way, is that correct English grammar? Matthias's? :smack

OfflineRail King

• Lady writer
« Reply #236 on: April 14, 2015, 02:29:26 PM »
The winning video was announced today. You can watch it here: https://www.talenthouse.com/i/587/submission/152472/77f0f4ac

Waiting it to appear on Mark's channel. No surprises — Mark selected an artist from Britain. What else you could expect?????????

This whole video competition just became much more interesting to me when I came upon what Mark had to say about videos in this 1992 interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=DBN4_g4QCeY#t=310

MK: "I still can't get interested in videos. Any video by anybody for about anything."
Q: "You don't find them useful in any way?"
MK: "No."
Q: "Would you rather be without Dire Straits videos?"
MK: "Yep. I'd rather be in a world with no videos in it. Would be great!"

OfflineK-alberto

• Camerado
« Reply #237 on: April 14, 2015, 09:45:45 PM »
Anyway, even if I don't really like the winning video (I don't like any of the videos I've seen in competition), I think it is ... coherent, compatible, with many Mark Knopfler videos, for the mood, colors etc. Just think of Your Own Sweet Way, or Feel Like Going Home of the Hillbillies... I feel the same mood, so... it's just a pity we don't see Mark and Ruth playing!!  :-\

OfflineThrottle

• Camerado
« Reply #238 on: April 15, 2015, 02:46:30 AM »
As concerns the video.
Actually, the camerawork deserves the highest possible praise, seriously. I liked the visual imagery, gloomy and unsmooth.
In addition, the lack of any female characters also sets it apart from other video clips, most of which were drowned in a treacle of sentimentality.
I repent, I've watched not all but just a few videos, until I've reached my endurance limit.  :)
In general, I figure, there is something in what we could see.
That's not a masterpiece though, not even close.
And honestly, I wouldn't like to ponder the question what prompted them to announce such an awkward competition.

Offlineshangri la 1

• Founder
  • Juliet
  • Hi all and welcome to A.M.I.T.
    • AMIT TV
« Reply #239 on: April 15, 2015, 08:23:30 AM »
The AMIT video of this one is finished now. I went back and replaced the concert footage after I had completed the concept for the Silver Eagle video, that I'm working on.
So Beryl, TOTT, Long Cool Girl and this one are pretty much final cuts now.  :think

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 46 queries.