Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Official 2019 Tour Dates  (Read 216043 times)

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Re: Official 2019 Tour Dates
« Reply #180 on: October 22, 2018, 09:40:47 PM »
Question: who is actually in charge of the ticket prices? The artist?

It's the promoter, not the artist. And partly the price is so high because of scalpers and secondary ticket agencies, which the artist (Mark in this case) can actually fight. But they can't do much so we have what we have. I seriously shocked they can build any audience every time with ticket prices like that. And I'm stunned that venues aren't empty. And it's Mark, the prices can go as high as 500 $ and even more. For a live show! You can go and buy a musical instrument for that money, or tons of records.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #181 on: October 22, 2018, 09:43:28 PM »
Same here, Jana.  I am not that enthusiastic about him anymore anyway but what has worked thw last weeks was that "come on it's the last chance to see him live maybe" from my sister in Munich. It's just that I feel obliged to have to go because I always went...  my heart is not exactly following...

I expect no great surprises, yes there might be set list changes but isn't it ridiculous to go only because the possibility to have some new stuff ( finally)?  Plus travel and accommodation, two shows mean 700 Euro in that departement. No Sir. Only thing that bothers me is that the quality of the recordings in 2015 was (also) crap. Here I really hope for some good quality recordings to dive into without spending a fortune. Of course they will definitely increase in prices since 2015, too!

By the way, pretty sure that Mark takes all these additional Musicians with him to shrink his time span for guitar playing by the way. So a lot of brass, folk and percussion seasoned with some guitar shining here and there...

LE

Selling of concert recordings of this quality is illegal. What they should've done is give all these out for free.

Love Expresso

« Reply #182 on: October 22, 2018, 09:45:49 PM »
Many people ARE getting richer and richer, the same as a lot, much more get poorer and poorer. Compared to the ticket prices of Ed Sheeran last summer (no band, one man), Mark appears as Saint Martin.

LE

OfflineRolleyway Man

• Camerado
    • Mike’s Musical Musings
« Reply #183 on: October 22, 2018, 09:47:18 PM »
WTF? Now the link to that fair admission service has disappeared...... >:(

Weird!

Arrgh. Every time I happen to click on the link my selections shows. And I feel the urge to confirm with "Done" so I don't lose them.

I promise myself not to click anymore. :)

Me too!

Very odd that the links to the site have been removed. Perhaps some sort of error has been discovered…possibly us fans clicking that ‘done’ button multiple times and unknowingly allocating many times the number of tickets they actually intended buying!

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
« Reply #184 on: October 22, 2018, 09:59:46 PM »
WTF? Now the link to that fair admission service has disappeared...... >:(

Weird!

Arrgh. Every time I happen to click on the link my selections shows. And I feel the urge to confirm with "Done" so I don't lose them.

I promise myself not to click anymore. :)

Me too!

Very odd that the links to the site have been removed. Perhaps some sort of error has been discovered…possibly us fans clicking that ‘done’ button multiple times and unknowingly allocating many times the number of tickets they actually intended buying!

But then again, they wouldn't have written that you could come and go and edit your selections in whatever way you feel like. Add/remove shows and number of tickets. In such a case there'll be thousands of errors.
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #185 on: October 22, 2018, 10:02:50 PM »
Many people ARE getting richer and richer, the same as a lot, much more get poorer and poorer. Compared to the ticket prices of Ed Sheeran last summer (no band, one man), Mark appears as Saint Martin.

LE

This is very strange and makes me scratch my head a lot. Many people think that people like Mark are reach beyond belief and can buy whatever they want, but more open and honest artists like Van Morrison and Chuck Berry say that they tour so much because they have a lot of bills to pay (while Van Morrison's net worth is estimated to be exactly like Mark's and he's British, too, AND Sir).

And this is the opposite of guys like Tommy Emmanuel (and Mark's session players) who needs to tour literally ALL THE TIME to do the same.

It's a shame that money is such a big part of our life, but with all that said, ticket prices still are too high in my opinion.

Love Expresso

« Reply #186 on: October 22, 2018, 10:08:57 PM »
Oh, with that "richer" and "poorer" I was referring to us mortal ticket buyers, not to the artists. I guess the same as we (you and me) find this insane prices, it will be getting more attractive for many rich ones BECAUSE they are so high...

LE

OfflineJana

• Camerado
« Reply #187 on: October 22, 2018, 10:09:25 PM »
Selling of concert recordings of this quality is illegal. What they should've done is give all these out for free.

i don't own a recording from 2015 and don't even want it for free. Terrible quality, unacceptable
...yes I need a little water of love...

Love Expresso

« Reply #188 on: October 22, 2018, 10:13:08 PM »
Indeed. So now all we have is some hope that the tour will be recorded properly. It is great to have choices among all those concerts.

LE

Offlineknopflertom

• Camerado
« Reply #189 on: October 22, 2018, 10:16:53 PM »
I couldn't remember the last mk.com presale properly. Was it possible to buy more than one ticket for the show?  :think :hmm
Greetz Tom

Dortmund , Cologne 2015 done
Barcelona, RAH 21st, Oberhausen

Offlinesultan78

• Guitar George
« Reply #190 on: October 22, 2018, 10:34:21 PM »
Prices in UK are £50-60 for O2 and £45 - 55 for the rest

Offlinejabbathehut

• Camerado
« Reply #191 on: October 22, 2018, 10:34:39 PM »
Prices have been stupid for the last couple of years.The secondry market has opened the eyes to the artists that there are fans that are willing to spend a lot more why should some wheeler dealer make that extra money.Even artists with a so called social conscience have been selling premium tickets and all the rest of it.Also Mark has a big band smallish venues and so anyway needs to charge a certain amount to make the whole thing profitable.Sit further back sound is usually decent everywhere pay what you can afford and enjoy the shows.

Offlinejabbathehut

• Camerado
« Reply #192 on: October 22, 2018, 10:35:35 PM »
Prices in UK are £50-60 for O2 and £45 - 55 for the rest

seems cheap .I hope you are right

OfflineJana

• Camerado
« Reply #193 on: October 22, 2018, 10:37:23 PM »
Hi, LE

I'm not so excited about him anymore either. It's just a nice tradition to go to a concert in Munich, have a drink afterwards, spend time together. To have common memories. I even thought about a trip to Madrid, Milan or Rome. But if the prices for tickets alone are so high... No, thanks. I will buy two tickets after all. Travel costs aren't high because we live nearby.  Maybe we go home after the concert, no overnight stay.

By the way, pretty sure that Mark takes all these additional Musicians with him to shrink his time span for guitar playing by the way. So a lot of brass, folk and percussion seasoned with some guitar shining here and there...

LE

Right, that's how it is. I don't expect much. It's just like seeing an old friend

By the way, the prices for other dates in Germany are also now visible. Also between 100-160 euro.
...yes I need a little water of love...

OfflineEl Macho

• Lady writer
« Reply #194 on: October 22, 2018, 10:39:50 PM »
24 october 11.59 pm PST. What time is it in CET?
They got a name for people like you, yeh they do
And they got a name for people like me too
El Macho, El Macho

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 45 queries.