Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: #32 DTRW TOUR - June 17 2019 - AccorHotels Arena, Paris, France #SPOILER#  (Read 16659 times)

OfflineEl Macho

• Lady writer
@EL Macho - nice videos, thanks ! What camera did you use ? I got some good videos with my Sony HX90 but its audio is poor :-(

It’s a IPhone XR with the video on 4K mode.
Photos aren’t so good because even if I was in front after the run of the bulls, I was still at 3 meters from Mark ! And Mark doesn’t  move much...
They got a name for people like you, yeh they do
And they got a name for people like me too
El Macho, El Macho

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
They play tonight in Paris too?

If so it is a secret gig then...
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Onlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
They play tonight in Paris too?

If so it is a secret gig then...

I don't know why I thought they added a second Paris show...  :smack
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
Speedway, Going Home, Money... great! Thank you El Macho:)
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
What a night !
I was worried at the beginning, during the first half of WAM it sounded as if half the instruments were gone... And Mark signalling right away to stop filming... But things got much better then, great atmosphere and playing :) too bad SB seems gone for good...

Paris always had the tradition to start the Run Of the Bulls earlier than anywhere else. In 2010 it was at speedway instead of TR. In 2015 Paris completely redefined the concept of ROTB, started at Sultans, half of the concert standing in front of the stage ! :) Yesterday didn't break that record, but hey, ROTB at Postcards, not bad ! ;) Fabulous MFN, 2 greenies in BIA, too bad, but still a fantastic night.

So.. he has told People to turn off camera light in Gothenburg and Paris so far.. maybe more places earlier this tour? Anyone remembering?

People should know better. I recorded from front row and has flash off all the time and still got great picture.

Offlineskydiver

• Camerado
So.. he has told People to turn off camera light in Gothenburg and Paris so far.. maybe more places earlier this tour? Anyone remembering?

It is the most annoying thing on this tour that on many evenings MK has to tell one of the people in the first few rows to stop filming.
You can see how irritated he is because of it long before he actually says it aloud and thus spoiling the song not only for himself but for the audience and for those who buy the recording. Many R&Js were spoilt by this reckless behaviour.
I have repeatedly asked people in front of me to stop filming since the big smartphone screens are distracting.
Really unbelieveable but a sign of our times.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 09:42:50 AM by skydiver »

Offlinewebvan

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
R&J ? Didn't see him do that was it during the first song ? Is that when people film with their (useless) flash led on or just film in general ? I'm guessing the former as that is even annoying in the audience when you have the back of several people brightly illuminated while someone is capturing a video snippet for a "social media" post (and no, not for a great YT share that we all enjoy).

Offlineskydiver

• Camerado
R&J ? Didn't see him do that was it during the first song ? Is that when people film with their (useless) flash led on or just film in general ?

It was during R&J for several shows and has now moved to the beginning of the show.
The recordings will (unfortunatelly) give ample proof of that. (Of course I hope they edit it out but have little hope).
And he says it not only to inconsiderate people using flash but to other filmers as well.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 09:54:08 AM by skydiver »

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
R&J ? Didn't see him do that was it during the first song ? Is that when people film with their (useless) flash led on or just film in general ?

It was during R&J for several shows and has now moved to the beginning of the show.
The recordings will (unfortunatelly) give ample proof of that. (Of course I hope they edit it out but have little hope).
And he says it not only to inconsiderate people using flash but to other filmers as well.

His irritation will most likely be in the soundboards... Didn't he say "stop filming it's putting me off" on a soundboard that's already available??

Lucca 2015 has Mark telling security to back off so won't probably be edited out..

In Stockholm he was looking at my compact camera sometime with the flash OFF all the time, did not say anything to me...

People don't think, they just shoot their videos with lights and everything.. but yes, what might reduce this would be an official announcement of a live tour DVD but most likely not happening...

hunter

Even a fixed camera with soundboard audio would be a solution. Crockford could announce before the show that "on behalf of Mark and the band, the audience is asked not to film during the show as it is distracting. Also there is no need to for you to film as the concert is filmed by us, and the video can be downloaded after the concert. But now, will you welcome to the stage ..."

It's not that hard.

His irritation will most likely be in the soundboards... Didn't he say "stop filming it's putting me off" on a soundboard that's already available??

Lucca 2015 has Mark telling security to back off so won't probably be edited out..

In Stockholm he was looking at my compact camera sometime with the flash OFF all the time, did not say anything to me...

People don't think, they just shoot their videos with lights and everything.. but yes, what might reduce this would be an official announcement of a live tour DVD but most likely not happening...

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
No comments on the crazy french fans?

Sacred bleu!
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OnlineKris-b

• Lady writer

Sacred bleu!

Don‘t have any words for those idiots!

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov

Sacred bleu!

The only comment is that Guy as always said Mark gave them nothing, and Richard said he signed a couple of things. Guy lives in the ideal world.

Offlinewebvan

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
What about the French fans ?
Other than the "Run" towards the stage (that also happens at other MK concerts apparently) I didn't notice anything special ? It seems security tried to push back the first "runners" but that didn't last too long, hehe...

hunter

The idiots that followed Mark and the band on the way to the airport.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 42 queries.