Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Isaac's tour blog - Book  (Read 4725 times)

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Re: Isaac's tour blog - Book
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2011, 11:18:05 AM »
In my case I love to have that blog in a book because I can read it anytime I wish without having to connect to internet and read the screen, which is something I don
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2011, 02:43:10 PM »
I didn't order the book and I don't intend to; I don't know what it is but it has become sort of redundant for me now that the tour is over. It was exciting when you could check everyday for updates but now... I don't know, I don't feel the need to re-read someone else's memories (but I do like Isaac of course - just to prevent misunderstandings). I prefer my own, even though they might not be that interesting for others.

Rollergirl

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2011, 03:48:36 PM »
I feel a bit like goldenheart. I read his blog almost daily and when he was first talking about the book I was sure I wanted to buy it. But now, a few months later, I don't want to have it anymore. Still, it's a great idea I think. Blogs and reading a screen is OK but you can't beat the feeling of holding a book.

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2011, 06:20:44 PM »
I also have to add that I don't really like his writing style. But that is just a matter of personal taste of course, again, nothing against the author. It's just that I have other ideas of how a travel blog should be written, style-wise, which probably has something to do with the fact that I'm an editorial trainee.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2011, 09:38:22 AM »
My book arrived on Wednesday and I am thrilled with it espeically as Isaac included a photo of my wife and I sat in the second row at the Bournemouth show!! All jokes aside everyone to themselves but I can't stand reading computer screens too much and I liked the idea of a book as it personally holds happy memories of an outstanding MK tour! Isaac is in my oppinion an outstanding writer and I think he may go on to perhaps do other things with this wonderful gift he seems to have.
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.036 seconds with 37 queries.