Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Frustration across the pond ...  (Read 40450 times)

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
Re: Frustration across the pond ...
« Reply #105 on: October 10, 2012, 10:23:10 PM »
Tunnel, what's your frustration involving with? CD, tickets, etc ?  The week when I was waiting for their response to my inquiries had robbed me of many good night's sleep.  I wrote to Lisa, and Eric everyday, telling how much I needed them to straigthening things out for me.  No responses at all. Until a few days ago, Eric wrote back and apologized for the confusion stating that it was their email system.  I'm glad it all ended well.  I was a wreck !

I can relate to your frustration. I hope just like me and knopfling, it will end well for you too.
It's a bit of everything. I was not very happy with the CD release. Hard to find in stores and indeed a commercial trap (TR missing on the madrid show makes the box not worth it).  My mistake but without any doubt it's a con trick. I agree it's peanuts compared  to what happened in the US.   
More serious concerns are poor seating and no show in Switzerland. I can not finalize my schedule, I can not book, I can not save my summer holiday dates. I must do things differently.   Really makes me mad.
I missed a few gigs in 2010 because of extremely late anouncement for the shows in my area and I know it's gonna happen again.  :disbelief

Love Expresso

« Reply #106 on: October 10, 2012, 10:24:50 PM »
That would mean you really do expect some more dates to be announced? I would think it is all done by now?

LE

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
« Reply #107 on: October 10, 2012, 11:11:26 PM »
That would mean you really do expect some more dates to be announced? I would think it is all done by now?

LE
Yes I do.
Guy said the tour dates are complete. He didn't say they were all revealed.   ;D
I keep on trusting the 72 dates/25 countries rumor.  7 summer festival dates missing.

Am I crazy enough to bet on Lyon again the day before of after Nimes ?
Am I crazy enough to bet on Patrimonio Festival on July 18 ?
Tough questions.

If your bet is correct, bingo. If not you lose everything : money, vacations, shows.  :-[

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #108 on: October 11, 2012, 09:24:41 AM »
I went downtown today, after yesterday's visit. (It was not allowed to gather in groups more than three! a law voted in 1971 during the junta)

Anyway, went to check if they have the new album and at last they had 5 copies, of the regular edition. No sign of the deluxe. And then when a man asked for it, the real gentle girl behind the counter said, "The new Mark Knopfler, what?" It is like the fictional incident I was describing a few weeks before. There's something going on with the distribution and MK.com isn't making it better for any of Knopfler fans either.
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #109 on: October 11, 2012, 11:27:31 AM »

LE
Yes I do.
Guy said the tour dates are complete. He didn't say they were all revealed.   ;D
I keep on trusting the 72 dates/25 countries rumor.  7 summer festival dates missing.

Am I crazy enough to bet on Lyon again the day before of after Nimes ?
Am I crazy enough to bet on Patrimonio Festival on July 18 ?
Tough questions.

If your bet is correct, bingo. If not you lose everything : money, vacations, shows.  :-[

I was hoping Lyon too, (as I live here, and I can't go seing Mark elsewhere), but if you look at each tour since 2000 :

- in 2001 he went in Lyon (I was there)
- in 2003, Lyon wasn't scheduled, but the tour was cancelled (so I didn't miss anything  :lol)
- in 2005 he went in Lyon (I was there)
- in 2008, he didn't go to Lyon (my biggest disappointment, because this tour seemed to be very cool, due to setlists/recordings  >:( :()
- in 2010, he went in Lyon (I was there)
- so, in 2013 : I bet he won't go to Lyon, as the tour promoters try to alternate towns each tour (it's fair for other towns, but not for me  :()

the only 2 consecutive tours with Lyon were 96 and 2001

I didn't list the "extra tours" (roadrunning, BD), because the haven't got the same dates amount, so there was only Paris for these tours

I'm afraid that there will be no more date, at least in France, but I would be the happiest man in the world if I'm wrong !

OfflineMusicGirl1

• Local Hero
« Reply #110 on: October 11, 2012, 12:57:58 PM »
I have been reading this topic for a while and wow, I feel for the MK fans in the US.
No full MK tour in 2013, no new album, it's terrible. I realize I have no way to help, but I if I could I surely would......

I feel for those in Europe as well, who are having trouble finding the new album and/or can't seem to get their concert tickets confirmed.
I really hope things will end up alright in the end........

Seems like like as a dutch fan I can call myself lucky, it was easy to order the new album online.
Plus I managed to get my ticket for the Amsterdam show in may 2013 (OK I did not take part in the presale, but a row 21 seat doesn't seem that bad.).

Maaike

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #111 on: October 11, 2012, 02:36:20 PM »
The delivery of the deluxe from mk.com took a while. But I had the normal CD in hand on releaseday and the deluxe a little more than a week later. So I could listen anyway.

Booked seats at mk.com, all are confirmed and seats are known except Amsterdam.
But I'm sure it will be there in some weeks and it's only for may.

Maybe 21st row isn't too bad for you, but I don't want to think about that row. My worst row 2013 is row 7 in Cologne (I didn't have a code) and I already think that's bad. Maybe I'm spoiled  :-[

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 41 queries.