Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Fake Bootlegs.  (Read 3520 times)

Offlinebinone

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Lady writer
Fake Bootlegs.
« on: October 24, 2016, 07:55:02 PM »
Opening this thread to inform about fake bootlegs taken for good ones before.

I just found a tool to compare songs, and are detecting fake bootlegs, so, while I´m finishing this, I want to announce those fake bootlegs, confirmed.

One fake concert, 2001.04.28 - Newark 2001 (Performing Arts Centre, Newark, NJ, USA) is the second version of 2001.04.25 - Washington 2001 (Constitution Hall, Washington, USA), which compared with a better sounded of Whasington, is whashington as well. SO NEWARK 2001 IS A FAKE.

Jacksonville 2005.07.28, unfortunately, is another fake. Is San Diego 2005.07.28.

Also: I have 2  bootlegs from Rotterdam 1992.05.30. One of them is 1992.05.31 and the other, 1992.05.30 - Live in Rotterdam (Feyenoord Stadium, Rotterdam, Holland) - Tony rec. (complete) AUD, is correct. So only the Tony recording is the real 30th.

No more fakes detected with this tool, even in NHB ones.

Will be editing this list if I detect some more.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 12:21:40 AM by binone »

OfflineMK_live

• Camerado
Re: Fake Bootlegs.
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 09:41:47 PM »
MK usually mentions the town he plays in the first line of So far Away. I am wondering if you checked that too? And about Vaison being Groningen; disc 3 from Groningen has these 3 songs from Vaison as bonus tracks. Could it be that this is the reason why the software says it is the same? Makes sense. And I know who recorded Groningen, so I am sure that this is the real thing. If my memory serves me right, MK mentioned during Vaison that it was too dangerous to play any futher because of the weather. Groningen was indoors, so to me it seems impossible to be the same.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 09:46:16 PM by MK_live »

Offlinebinone

• Lady writer
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 09:57:32 PM »
Vaison info says the last 3 songs are from Vaison, the day before. If you listen with this software the last 3 songs of pretendly Vaison´26th, and the same songs from Groningen, they are the same, same sounds from people, same music, same tone.

This, or the songs I have from Groningen, are from Vaison 26th...

The songs I´m telling are 5. Darling Pretty * 4.53 6. Walk of Life * 5.09 7. Imelda * 5.54, so no SFA to look

Take a look.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
Re: Fake Bootlegs, and announcing a new project.
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 10:12:27 PM »
AWESOME. the original Goal of amit.........remember guys? (Editors i mean...)
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineMK_live

• Camerado
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 10:18:57 PM »
Vaison 26th? Vaison was on 2nd and 3rd August 1996.

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2016, 10:31:54 PM »
Dublin 27 cannot be Dublin 26 (strait to the point), it was put to CD by me from a vhs dated as 27, in fact the setlist from both days are not the same.

Actually 26 has songs from 27, so maybe that tool gets confusing data sometimes... I don't believe is so accurate...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinebinone

• Lady writer
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2016, 10:47:44 PM »
Dublin 27 cannot be Dublin 26 (strait to the point), it was put to CD by me from a vhs dated as 27, in fact the setlist from both days are not the same.

Actually 26 has songs from 27, so maybe that tool gets confusing data sometimes... I don't believe is so accurate...

Sorry, was 2nd, was confused with the Dublin one

Offlinebinone

• Lady writer
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2016, 10:56:18 PM »

The good thing is that the software is not accurate, gives you a percentage of coincidence, and then you can listen both at the same time, changing between one and other, to focus on details.

Even, different qualitys shows them. (1st gen. master tape versus higer generations). Also detects original versions with Remastered ones.

Will check again Dublin, but the TOL that says from 27th sounds exactly as the 26th.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 11:09:20 PM by binone »

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2016, 11:06:36 PM »
Because Tunnel in Strait to the point is from the next day... 27. In that bootleg all songs are from 26 except Tunnel that is from 27. Check it in Jeroen's site.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2016, 11:19:24 PM »
MK usually mentions the town he plays in the first line of So far Away. I am wondering if you checked that too? And about Vaison being Groningen; disc 3 from Groningen has these 3 songs from Vaison as bonus tracks. Could it be that this is the reason why the software says it is the same? Makes sense. And I know who recorded Groningen, so I am sure that this is the real thing. If my memory serves me right, MK mentioned during Vaison that it was too dangerous to play any futher because of the weather. Groningen was indoors, so to me it seems impossible to be the same.

Correct.  I listened to these songs only last week and Mark mentioned that they may have to leave the stage but would come back.  Who knows if they did, but it was obviously an outdoor gig.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinebinone

• Lady writer
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2016, 11:53:20 PM »

You are right, Julio. Was my version of the 27th that was wrong. Now I have the real one (laknopflertk) and they are different.

Deleted also in first post.

Offlinebinone

• Lady writer
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2016, 12:20:26 AM »

Correct.  I listened to these songs only last week and Mark mentioned that they may have to leave the stage but would come back.  Who knows if they did, but it was obviously an outdoor gig.

Ok, You were right. The Groningen bootleg includes the 3 songs from Vaison 2nd. That was my error, not looking the info of Gronningen before placing the statement.  So the info seems correct.

Please, look the other duplicates too check them as a fake, please.

My apologies.

Offlinetngemini

• Guitar George
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2016, 07:24:48 PM »
Hi. I was there. He has never come back on stage due to a lot of rain....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2016, 07:45:17 PM »
Hi. I was there. He has never come back on stage due to a lot of rain....

Cool!  Thanks for that information.  I've wondered about that for many years!
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 39 queries.