Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: MK - 'Privateering' 2013 - Handsigned Lithograph for sale  (Read 8945 times)

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
MK - 'Privateering' 2013 - Handsigned Lithograph for sale
« on: May 21, 2014, 07:18:02 AM »
I have decided that after having been lucky enough to have met MK last autumn and having obtained my own personal signatures I would dearly like someone to own and enjoy my 'Privateering' 2013 lithograph .

It is absolutely mint, having only ever been stored in it's numbered envelope and has not been displayed at all. It has been removed only a handful of times...
I would much rather someone on here have it to display and to appreciate.

The Litho is numbered 177 of only 500 editions

Please 'pm' or email me realistic offers around
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 06:25:15 PM by Knopflerfan »
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
Re: MK - 'Privateering' 2013 - Handsigned Lithograph for sale
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 05:00:04 PM »
Way too expensive Knopflerfan. I already found the Original price too expensive, because I don't like this one compared to earlier litho's.
But if others want to pay that amount feel free. Can't remember what the Original price was, but I believe

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 08:39:49 AM »
If you're doing this for the fans, anything but face value is usury in my book.

Being a genuine 'MK' fan and all...
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 09:26:28 AM by border_reiver »
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

Offlinerudiger

• Camerado
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 10:32:28 AM »
If you're doing this for the fans, anything but face value is usury in my book.

Being a genuine 'MK' fan and all...

it's ok to express your own opinion on the price, but your comment seems a bit too harsh (in my opinion).

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 12:10:05 PM »
The term may or may not be the same in common law as in germanic legal tradition, anyway...

I'm reacting on two things and since I'm a member of this forum, yes therefore it's partly anyone's business. Why? Because I don't like the idea of gracefully turning up and claiming that you're doing something exclusive for the fans when you're making a large profit.

And second, you're the one making judgement regarding who's the genuine fan. (If a non-genuine fan made you an offer, would you sell? For your sake I'm marking this as a rhetorical question). I truly despise that whole "being genuine" discussion and I was being sarcastic about it. And you kept it rolling with your final argumentum ad populum  (which you ended with not only one, nor two, but three exclamation marks!).

If you're gonna make profit, then be open about it, don't disguise it. I find that fully acceptable.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 01:49:27 PM by border_reiver »
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2014, 02:24:20 PM »

I'm getting rather peed off by judged about selling MY lithograph on here...
I can only guess some of you are a bit jealous and bored....

If you're getting angry, that's your own problem. I'm more offended, rather than infuriated, by this. The difference is I'm not reflecting back anything, just stating my opinions. Can't stand different opinions about doing sales? Perhaps a forum isn't your cup of tea then?

And since you know nothing about my own collection, your argument techniques are still as poor as they are amusing - since you can't stand being criticized in any way.

Just sell it on Ebay already...

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2014, 05:35:59 PM »
I'm not bothered whether your offended considering the sale of one of my lithographs doesnt actually concern you at all seeing as you have made on inclination that you want it...

The fact is that I'm NOT making a huge profit and it is actually going to benefit a fellow fan which make your comments towards me very rude.

Forums are for me and up until now I have enjoyed a few years on here talking about my passion with fellow fans/friends.
Sorry if the selling of my Lithograph upsets you so much you feel the need to be very rude towards a fellow fan, its not as if I need the money either...
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 05:50:03 PM by Knopflerfan »

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinewayaman

• Camerado
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2014, 06:03:51 PM »
I also agree that "for the fans" must be face value as maximum.

If you want to get a value for it from fans, considering its out of print, I suggest going to Ebay.

No offense intended.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2014, 06:22:10 PM »
Sold!
Lis is the proud owner of this Lithograph and she was looked after don't you worry...... ;)

Thanks for all your concerns but I am certainly not intending to sell anything else let alone for major profits - I agree that anyone who does defeats the object of selling from one fan to another....
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 06:24:14 PM by Knopflerfan »

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2014, 08:22:41 PM »
I think Ebay would have been the worst solution and do prefer head to head selling, why feed third parties when it can be avoided.

The fact that this litho is a true collectible and has been done on that purpose, you can't ask it to be sold at his initial price forever.

Knopflerfan made an offer at a fixed price and made someone happy to get it. What is wrong with that?
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflineRkd

• Camerado
  • and the thread was spun to some arcadian band...
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2014, 10:36:48 PM »
Knopflerfan made an offer at a fixed price and made someone happy to get it. What is wrong with that?

After purchasing this litho at the RAH while in London last May and then schlepping around town with it until I found an acceptable place from which to ship it to the US, I think Knopflerfan's price is very reasonable since it includes shipping. So all in all, based on my experience, I think you did well, Lis.  And I, for one,  appreciate the opportunity to purchase items on this site that would be harder to get if put up on ebay for sale. Is this the appropriate time to ask if anyone would like to sell the keyring from one of the previous tours (was it Shangri-la or was it Kill to Get Crimson?)?  ;)

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2014, 12:02:21 AM »
Thanks guys - some positive comments..
The main thing for me is that Lis is now the proud owner of this lovely Litho and that another genuine fan has got it rather than say a dealer.
I hope she gets much pleasure from it like I do with my MK Strats!!!!

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2014, 01:03:10 AM »

After purchasing this litho at the RAH while in London last May and then schlepping around town with it until I found an acceptable place from which to ship it to the US, I think Knopflerfan's price is very reasonable since it includes shipping. So all in all, based on my experience, I think you did well, Lis.  And I, for one,  appreciate the opportunity to purchase items on this site that would be harder to get if put up on ebay for sale. Is this the appropriate time to ask if anyone would like to sell the keyring from one of the previous tours (was it Shangri-la or was it Kill to Get Crimson?)?  ;)

Why didn't you just take it home with you?
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineRkd

• Camerado
  • and the thread was spun to some arcadian band...
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2014, 01:21:30 AM »
Too many places to go and too much shopping to do to be encumbered by it. A girl's gotta shop, you know. ;)

OfflineLis

• Lady writer
  • Heap big trouble in the land of plenty.
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2014, 01:39:40 AM »
Rkd, just reading your story makes me laugh...  I bought another, older litho at my last show in Barcelona.  I babied it all the way walking back to the hotel that night.  Then, with my poor excuse for Spanish, I spent the following day shopping around for a tube to be able to transport it.  My sister, Lorraine -- probably the most patient person in the world -- spent the day in Barcelona trudging around with me while we were making the most out of it, as we were still in one of Europe's most beautiful cities.  We still laugh about this!

Anyway folks, sorry I came to this thread so late in the game today.  Knoplerfan and I worked out a deal that we are both good with.   :D
If you ain’t got whiskey
(really, seriously) Don’t tell me that you ain’t got gin

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 35 queries.