Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: bad moments onstage  (Read 20747 times)

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
Re: bad moments onstage
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2010, 06:35:34 PM »
No big deal in itself but a small group on the right started to be quite heavily drunk and badly behaved like making LOUD phone calls while the band played.

Hate stuff like this. Couldn't believe it when I read this:

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1523342

You think thats bad.  I went to the Athens gig in 2008 and MK lost the plot.  He was furious with the video cameras, so much so, he changed the words during why aye man to "I'm a wanker i dont care, yeah you know who you are" whilst pointing to someone in the crowd.  I couldn't believe it and it kind of spoilt the rest of the gig for me as I was on edge.  He said a few other things during Cannibals but cant remember them.  I've tried to find a bootleg of it but cant.  It would be well worth a listen to hear what he says to the crowd.  It was a bit of a sausage moment I think.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2010, 10:11:41 PM »
Ah man, that's too bad. Yes, people should have respected his rule but it was crazy that he got so obsessed by it.  :-\
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2010, 03:07:39 PM »

Sorry to be OT. Just two weeks ago I had to watch P.S. I love you, and there in that movie it is an important song - and I must admit the whole scene
really gave me goosebumps...

LOL, you "had to watch it"  ;D

Sorry now I'm OT too but I just liked the way you put it  :)

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2010, 04:27:07 PM »
No big deal in itself but a small group on the right started to be quite heavily drunk and badly behaved like making LOUD phone calls while the band played.

Hate stuff like this. Couldn't believe it when I read this:

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1523342

You think thats bad.  I went to the Athens gig in 2008 and MK lost the plot.  He was furious with the video cameras, so much so, he changed the words during why aye man to "I'm a wanker i dont care, yeah you know who you are" whilst pointing to someone in the crowd.  I couldn't believe it and it kind of spoilt the rest of the gig for me as I was on edge.  He said a few other things during Cannibals but cant remember them.  I've tried to find a bootleg of it but cant.  It would be well worth a listen to hear what he says to the crowd.  It was a bit of a sausage moment I think.

Did you try Youtube? It would be strange to find the video with Mark pointing at you...

About bad audience behaviour the 1977 Pink Floyd "In The Flesh " Tour is quite notorious. The show at Oackland when Roger had to interrupt "POTW" due to fireworks, or the last show ot the tour given at Montr
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 11:33:52 AM by ds1984 »
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Love Expresso

« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2010, 11:55:32 PM »
By coincidence, I found this description on JvT's "On Every Bootleg"-site, and it made me think of this "Bad moments" thread immediately ;D.
So I copied it (if that's ok).  It is from the description of the "Sultans of Portland 1985" recording. Never heard about this incident before.   

Money for nothing was stopped during the intro of the song because somebody in the audience threw a wet T-shirt on Mark Knopfler, who said something that made this person feel like a fool: "Whoever threw a wet T-Shirt, alright everybody sheer 'a jerk'. One, two three: "You're a jerk!". Thank you, now you've got 15.000 people who think you're a complete jerk!".

LE

« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 12:02:19 AM by Love Expresso »

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2010, 07:55:42 AM »
Love Expresso,

I recently listened to that bootleg. that "jerk" deserved it really.  It wasn't a bad moment for MK maybe for that 'jerk"  He probably got offended with the word "faggot" in MFN.  It was actually a pretty cool listening. 

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2010, 11:41:19 AM »
Which version is that? I want it!
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2010, 03:45:21 PM »
By coincidence, I found this description on JvT's "On Every Bootleg"-site, and it made me think of this "Bad moments" thread immediately ;D.
So I copied it (if that's ok).  It is from the description of the "Sultans of Portland 1985" recording. Never heard about this incident before.   

Money for nothing was stopped during the intro of the song because somebody in the audience threw a wet T-shirt on Mark Knopfler, who said something that made this person feel like a fool: "Whoever threw a wet T-Shirt, alright everybody sheer 'a jerk'. One, two three: "You're a jerk!". Thank you, now you've got 15.000 people who think you're a complete jerk!".

LE

Hahahahaha! ;D
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2010, 05:31:07 PM »

It's from the "Portland 1985 recording" You can find it from the tracker.   A really cool listening.  I kept going back to it just to hear something you don't normally hear at a concert.

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2010, 12:17:09 AM »

It's from the "Portland 1985 recording" You can find it from the tracker.   A really cool listening.  I kept going back to it just to hear something you don't normally hear at a concert.

Thnx! Gonna download it!
Proud member of the AMIT crew

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2010, 10:18:46 PM »
listening to it now, waiting for the part.....

mmm, just listened to both portland 17th of sept and the night after...can't hear this, when in the song, and on which night does this happen??
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2010, 11:11:01 PM »
listening to it now, waiting for the part.....

mmm, just listened to both portland 17th of sept and the night after...can't hear this, when in the song, and on which night does this happen??

It's Portland 07.10.85.  Remember they went back in October in '85 perhaps due to popular demand or venue availability, I don't know?
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2010, 11:14:42 PM »
aaaaahhhh
thanks..
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinelocalhero1986

• Lady writer
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2010, 02:28:04 PM »
Ah guys, nice example is BIA during the SL tour in Amsterdam (2nd night). You might remember the beautiful arrangement by RB? ;D (sh)it happens. ;)

OfflineTally

• Camerado
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2010, 04:17:07 PM »
Ah guys, nice example is BIA during the SL tour in Amsterdam (2nd night). You might remember the beautiful arrangement by RB? ;D (sh)it happens. ;)

What happened?

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 40 queries.