Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: How can I get my avatar to work?  (Read 15128 times)

Offlineknopfling

• Camerado
  • SALT LAKE CITY June 25, 2008
How can I get my avatar to work?
« on: August 26, 2008, 07:49:23 PM »
    I have gone to my profile, checked "upload my own picture," done the browse thing and had the pic address come up in the box, then pressed "change profile" a number of times. Every time, the page just goes blank and says "done" at the bottom, but the avatar never appears on my posts.
     What am I doing wrong?
     Thanks.
My 2008 Red Rocks/Salt Lake/Hard Rock pix
http://s319.photobucket.com/albums/mm469/knopfling/?start=0

am012513

Re: How can I get my avatar to work?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 10:28:55 PM »
Maybe you have the same problem as gbobmi at the start , something to do with the picture (extension?)probably ?
You can read it here : http://www.amarkintime.org/forum/index.php?topic=74.0,
I hope it helps , succes ,
Henk
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 10:36:45 PM by am012513 »

Offlineknopfling

• Camerado
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 07:29:19 PM »
Henk, I read Gbob's reply. I've tried a couple of pix, and none of them work, though they work on other forums.
The error page I get today is different than the blank page I got the first 4-5 times I tried. Now it says my picture is too large or not an avatar, although it's the same one I've used on other forums.

am012513

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 08:24:07 PM »
Maybe here are some problems with uploading pics , today I could not upload a picture in my post.
This is the message I got (in dutch) :De uploadmap zit vol. Probeer een kleiner bestand te uploaden en/of stel de beheerder op de hoogte.
It means that the map for uploads (pictures) is full , and that I have to contact the administrator?
So Pottel and others , can you resolve this problem?
Henk

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 12:42:21 AM »
I asked my systemmanager at the office and he advised to downsize the pictures, which I didn't try yet

Offlineshangri la 1

• Founder
  • Juliet
  • Hi all and welcome to A.M.I.T.
    • AMIT TV
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 02:36:37 AM »
The size may be an issue. I had to scale down one I used over at MK News forum before it would allow it to show in postings. Also the file format may be an issue worth looking into. Have you tried to use other photos with different formats (jpeg,bmp,Gif etc.) and different sizes? I'm a bit technically challenged myself but I'd try the size/format thing and different photos to start with. You might get a combination that works then you can save your photo to the size/format that works. If that didn't help then I'd maybe email the photo to someone else on here and see if they could get it to work in their profile. Just a starting point hope you get this solved.

You got some great photos at Red Rocks!! :)

OfflineHoops McCann

• Dan
  • Founder
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 02:47:34 AM »
    I have gone to my profile, checked "upload my own picture," done the browse thing and had the pic address come up in the box, then pressed "change profile" a number of times. Every time, the page just goes blank and says "done" at the bottom, but the avatar never appears on my posts.
     What am I doing wrong?
     Thanks.

What picture are you trying to use? If the picture is larger than the maximum size (150 x 225 pixels), the forum will refuse it.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 03:01:17 AM by Dan »
"...I was prompted to check out some of the threads you have going which are often unintentionally funny, wildly speculative and sometimes just plain deluded..." - Ed Bicknell

https://soundcloud.com/sunday_driver

OfflineHoops McCann

• Dan
  • Founder
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 02:52:11 AM »
Maybe here are some problems with uploading pics , today I could not upload a picture in my post.
This is the message I got (in dutch) :De uploadmap zit vol. Probeer een kleiner bestand te uploaden en/of stel de beheerder op de hoogte.
It means that the map for uploads (pictures) is full , and that I have to contact the administrator?
So Pottel and others , can you resolve this problem?
Henk

Please try it again.
"...I was prompted to check out some of the threads you have going which are often unintentionally funny, wildly speculative and sometimes just plain deluded..." - Ed Bicknell

am012513

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2008, 03:06:37 AM »
It works , I can add pictures to my posts now ,max size is 128 kb , thanks Dan .
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 03:23:57 AM by am012513 »

Offlineknopfling

• Camerado
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2008, 09:02:09 PM »
It says it's 1.62 mb. Is that too big? It works on the other two forums and on Guy's forum. It's JPEG,
Thanks for compliment on my Red Rocks photos.

Offlineshangri la 1

• Founder
  • Juliet
  • Hi all and welcome to A.M.I.T.
    • AMIT TV
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2008, 12:30:41 AM »
Yes Knopfling and Ingrid it appears as though the size was the problem. Most avatars on here are around 15-45kb, yours were a lot bigger so I reduced them to fit. As Dan said "If the picture is larger than the maximum size (150 x 225 pixels), the forum will refuse it". The Forum has a set limit to Avatar size, so anyone having problems trying to load avatars may need to reduce the size of the photo, with one of your photo editing programs then reload it to see if that is the problem. 
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 01:06:51 AM by shangri la 1 »

Offlineknopfling

• Camerado
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2008, 02:02:56 AM »
Shangri La,
    Thank you so much for doing that for me!
linda

OfflineHoops McCann

• Dan
  • Founder
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2008, 05:31:43 AM »
Thanks Ian. In a "user friendly" forum, the user would be able to upload any size picture, and the forum software would scale it down automatically. Unfortunately, that function is not working properly here. So for now, it is set to refuse any picture over a certain size, otherwise everyone would have huge avatars that would waste large amounts of bandwidth.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.045 seconds with 43 queries.