Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Tour merchandise 2010  (Read 38951 times)

Offlinerygman

• Guitar George
Re: Tour merchandise 2010
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2010, 03:33:18 AM »
I believe the whole shirt thing originally came to pass due to the poor quality and minimal effort put into merchandising for MK's shows (this was a while ago so I could be wrong). But zero effort is put into the design and they are usually cheap quality. Even a good quality shirt with a nice design is ridiculously expensive, but that you can at least wear for a while. It's just extra profit and I won't buy them, at this point I would really have to consider before buying something that looked good and seemed good quality. T-shirts for $35, nah I already have some....

Keep Knopflerin'   ;)

OfflineIrisRose

• Not just another angel
  • Founder
  • Romeo
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2010, 08:38:19 PM »
I would probably stop buying them, but my program collection goes back to 1979 and my t shirt collection to 1992.  A leather jacket from '92 (thank you Waldo)  and one from '96.   Those are the precious ones.      The t shirts just take up space in the closet, I'm afraid.   I wear the '96 jacket a lot.    It's not in pristine condition anymore.   
But a spoonful of forgiveness
Goes a long, long way
And we all should do our best
To get along

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2010, 08:47:06 PM »
I've been collecting (women's) shirts since the STP tour... And the quality was always very okay, compared to that David Gilmour "On An Island" women's shirt which literally isn't more than a piece of cloth... I wore the ATRR and the Shangri-La shirt lots of times so it's okay that they're washed out now, after four, five years. Most normal clothes you buy in a store don't last that long.

EDIT:
So the women's shirts on this tour - They're the white one on the right of the pictures that were posted here, the one with the GL cover? No other colour available? I'd prefer black...
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 08:59:09 PM by goldenheart96 »

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2010, 06:31:39 PM »
All the t-shirts (at least the cool ones) in the mk.com site are unvailable, and I wonder why I
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2010, 10:42:26 PM »
I got myself a grey T with Get Lucky Mark Knopfler on it.  I'm so glad I did.  I was out $40 (OUCH !) very steep,but I will regret it if I didn't.  Pieta wore her on stage at Temecula.  Just beautiful.

Everything is expensive but what the heck, it's Mark we are paying for.  It's well worth it. IMO.  Nice keepsakes !!!

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2010, 11:16:42 PM »
I got myself a grey T with Get Lucky Mark Knopfler on it.  I'm so glad I did.  I was out $40 (OUCH !) very steep,but I will regret it if I didn't.  Pieta wore her on stage at Temecula.  Just beautiful.

Everything is expensive but what the heck, it's Mark we are paying for.  It's well worth it. IMO.  Nice keepsakes !!!

Please enlighten me. So there's a grey women's shirt and a white one with the GL cover? I'm a little slow, someone should post that picture again with a big fat arrow for me to see the women's shirts  ???

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2010, 11:19:40 PM »
what are the sweatshirts like? good quality? (i really like my ktgc one, and it is one of the few tour merchandise pieces of any artist that i regularly wear)
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2010, 11:34:44 PM »

Please enlighten me. So there's a grey women's shirt and a white one with the GL cover? I'm a little slow, someone should post that picture again with a big fat arrow for me to see the women's shirts  ???
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The size for women T is really small.  It's almost like for little girls.  I normally wear size s or xs. I ended up having to get size L.  I hope it doesn't shrink too much.  If someone can help me with posting pictures, then  I 'll take a nice close up shot and post them here.

The hoodie is in black with logo of I believe Getlucky MK. $65. All the T shirts and hoodies feel of good quality.  Thee are also T shirts for men in black with Get Lucky MK image on it.  $35 I believe, Girl t-shirts come in white and grey. 

OfflineIrisRose

• Not just another angel
  • Founder
  • Romeo
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2010, 05:43:22 PM »
You wear a size L in women's t shirts,   You are tiny!   That's why I forget the women's and buy the men's.     I want to be comfortable.   There are ways to make a man's t shirt stylish on a woman.      ;)
Goes a long, long way
To get along

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2010, 11:20:28 PM »
You wear a size L in women's t shirts,   You are tiny!   That's why I forget the women's and buy the men's.     I want to be comfortable.   There are ways to make a man's t shirt stylish on a woman.      ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I couldn't believe it myself that I need a size L for GL T-shirt. It fits me really good.  Thing is the t-shirts are super tiny. They must have made some kind of mistakes in sizes.

You're right, women can look cool in men's shirt.  But I think I'll stick with the girl T for now .

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2010, 11:24:59 PM »
What do you mean the ladies shirts are tiny  :'( Reminds me of that overprived Simon & Garfunkel shirt I bought at the reunion tour 2004... I usually wear shirt size S but I couldn't squeeze it over my head! So I had to sell it again  :-[
About the pictures, you can upload them to photobucket.com for example, and post the link here  :)

Offlinepyroman

• Guitar George
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2010, 01:33:06 AM »
I dont buy t shirts anymore

I picked up the program $20
Buttons $10
Keychains $12

OfflineIrisRose

• Not just another angel
  • Founder
  • Romeo
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2010, 08:24:16 AM »
mmmm programs at Santa Rosa were $15.00
Goes a long, long way
To get along

Rollergirl

« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2010, 01:18:28 PM »
what's the program like? can we see a pic?

Offlinelocalhero1986

• Lady writer
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2010, 03:02:21 PM »
Or is it like a tour book? I've got a KTGC tour book here at home and I didn't not pay for it (got it for free). Even better: there's an autograph on it. Oh no! The whole cover is filled with autographs! :lol

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.442 seconds with 40 queries.