Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert#11:2010.04.20, Denver, Temple Hoyne Buell Theater - SPOILER (maybe)  (Read 30221 times)

OfflineTally

• Camerado
It's funny, the live version of Coyote sounds like a cheap impression of the studio version to me. Not bad at all, but slightly less strong.

Offlineman on a track

• Founder
  • Camerado
Funny, I was about to say the opposite.
They can play anything live and it's simply better than studio versions...
Even the ones I don't like on the setlist turn out great listening to the recordings.

And they will be even better attending the show!!!!! ;D
The way he sings and plays guitar  
            Still brings me to tears

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
I hope I'll hear "Coyote" at one of my concerts.   I much prefer it to "Cleaning My Gun" played live.    :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it's amazing how hearing songs performed live give you a different feel and you never listen to that song the same way again.  Case in point, "coyote" I never give it much play at home, but when I heard it live, OMG, how different it sounds.  I love it now. 

I was hoping to hear " cleaning my gun", Mark did that song to a thunderous roar.

" remembrance day" was just as beautiful as it sounds on the Cd.

The point is, if you can afford to go to see Mark every night, then you'll get  different feels for each song. ( don't we all wish ) I love the way they do their setlist on this tour. 1 or 2 different songs each night.

Now I'll never listen to "piper" the same way ever again.

Mark's playing is so sublime that it doesn't matter what he plays, they will all be brilliant !!!

I'd die to see Mark again and again and again for the rest of my life. 

OfflineTally

• Camerado
Hey, I've had a chance to listen to Cleaning now and I think the version from April 17 is really smoking! There's a video on Youtube:

The sound is so-so of course, but with a better recording I'm sure it would sound excellent. More energy than on the album, I don't see what people are going on about. The singing is full of energy too.

Edit: Funny! The video sound is actually better than the other version on Youtube, it's full of bass but it gives the performance a lot more power.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 05:04:55 PM by Tallgren »

Offlinejoanzimm

• Camerado
Thanks for posting the video, Tallgren.  I am really hoping to hear him play CMG live -- it's one of my favorite songs on GL.  It really doesn't matter that much to me what he plays at the concerts I'm attending.  I know I'm going to be in heaven listening to him for 2 hours regardless. :-*
It's hard sometimes but pretty much it's alright

OfflineTally

• Camerado
Glad to be of assistance  ;)

Offlineknopfling

• Camerado
  • SALT LAKE CITY June 25, 2008
I've enjoyed both Coyote and Cleaning My Gun live. Both come to life much more than on the CD. They're much more fun live, and the audiences seem to really like each of them.

My Denver pictures here: http://s319.photobucket.com/albums/mm469/knopfling/Mark%20Knopfler%20Denver%20Buell%20Theater%204-20-2010/?start=0
My 2008 Red Rocks/Salt Lake/Hard Rock pix
http://s319.photobucket.com/albums/mm469/knopfling/?start=0

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
I've enjoyed both Coyote and Cleaning My Gun live. Both come to life much more than on the CD. They're much more fun live, and the audiences seem to really like each of them.

My Denver pictures here: http://s319.photobucket.com/albums/mm469/knopfling/Mark%20Knopfler%20Denver%20Buell%20Theater%204-20-2010/?start=0

-----------------------------

Linda, is there a chance for a full review from you ?

Offlinelocalhero1986

• Lady writer
Well, if I look back at the studio recordings, I skipped marbletown most of the time. The live versions are awesome, one of the highlights of each show and I'm looking forward to hear that song again! :)

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
too bad the man refuses to play old pigweed or camerado or If i had you, or my claim to fame (aaahhhh) or Long highway (after a long abscence, still my favorite live song) or No can do, or how long or Do america, or Fade to Black (again) or....
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Pottel, that ones are not obvious songs for a concert, but, So far from the Clyde, that song should be played, it
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Pottel, that ones are not obvious songs for a concert, but, So far from the Clyde, that song should be played, it
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinestefankock

• Camerado
Great concert this is .... and may I add that the solo-ing during CMG is really excellent  ;D

OfflineBest Brown Baggies

• Lady writer
Re. Coyote. This was never a fave of mine on the album, but absolutely LOVING the live version.
It seems to have a great groove, and love some of the sounds coming from Guys keys. :)

Cheers   BBB
And a crowd of young boys they're fooling around in the corner
Drunk and dressed in their best brown baggies and their platform soles.

OfflineFieneke2

• Romeo

Tallgren I am too late, it seems the video is deleted at Youtube!  :'(  ..........Well perhaps it will be back soon! ::)

Quote Sweetsurrender: "I'd die to see Mark again and again and again for the rest of my life.  "

Uuuhhhh dear sweetsurrender that is funny! ;D IF you would see Mark again and again, you would die, but uuhhh that means your life wouldn't last long then!!!!  :o ......You better watch him on TV and during concerts, so we can enjoy your messages a bit longer!  ;D

Fieneke
If you are good to other people, most of them are good to you too!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 36 queries.