Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert #23:2010.05.04, Orpheum Theater, Boston, MA - Spoiler maybe  (Read 9030 times)

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
Rolling on...
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

OfflineJarle

• Lady writer
It's the end of a perfect day..,.

OfflineKay Edvin

• Camerado
  • MK - my hero!
    • MK Norge (Norwegian MK Fanclub)
Great photos!! :)

I love seeing MK smiling and enjoying himself!
"The way he sings and plays guitar still bring me to tears"

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
Pottel, setlist, please???????????????

Wishes
Allen
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
Sorry, been busy, had no time to add it here:no change
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineMossguitar

• Camerado
But a guitar change! :) Prarie Wedding played on a Pensa instead of the Tele. (Source: Isaac's blog.) And it was not the Telegraph Road Pensa, but another one. Looks like the one he got during the 2005 tour, the one he played on the outro of Romeo And Juliet during the ATRR tour. A beutiful guitar, great sounding too (then, at least).

Sorry about this. :P I just happen to love guitars ;)

OfflineTiti

• Local Hero
Maybe the pensa mk 2 ?
The one he used for golden heart, and romeo during the 96 tour.
If it's right, beautiful guitar, with a nice clear sound.
I never wanted no one else

Offlinejoanzimm

• Camerado
It's nice to see that they moved MK's tray off to his side rather than in front of him blocking his right hand :)
It's hard sometimes but pretty much it's alright

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
It's nice to see that they moved MK's tray off to his side rather than in front of him blocking his right hand :)

Someone mentioned on Guy's forum that the tray was blocking the view from the seated area in front of Mark and Guy said he'd "have a word."
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineMossguitar

• Camerado
Maybe the pensa mk 2 ?
The one he used for golden heart, and romeo during the 96 tour.
If it's right, beautiful guitar, with a nice clear sound.
Not that one. I am thinking of newer one, made in 2005 and presented to him during the SL tour. An MK 2, yes.

I don't think the Golden Heart one is an MK 2, because MK 2's weren't invented yet then (not the name, anyway). According to Terry Kilburn that's a Pensa custom strat-shaped carved blah, blah, blah guitar ;) But I think it served as a pattern (I don't know the proper English expression) for the later MK 2.  

Offlinejoanzimm

• Camerado
Re: Concert #23:2010.05.04, Orpheum Theater, Boston, MA - Spoiler maybe
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2010, 04:00:19 PM »

Someone mentioned on Guy's forum that the tray was blocking the view from the seated area in front of Mark and Guy said he'd "have a word."

It was the one thing about the Wash.DC concert that drove me crazy.  MK's hand was blocked by that tray and I had to keep stretching my neck in order to see his right hand.  There were no cameras or big screens like they had in some of the other shows.  Thank goodness we have Guy :)
It's hard sometimes but pretty much it's alright

Offlinezigner

• Guitar George
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2010, 05:43:28 PM »
Help me understand what you are seeing.  I am looking at the pics on Isaac's blog.  I was at one of the recent shows and the tray and towel are in the exact same spot as they were in the prior shows, still blocking the view.

What do you think has changed?

Offlinezigner

• Guitar George
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2010, 05:51:54 PM »
Hey, I enjoy reading Issac's blog, but seems like he is getting pretty cranky.

His rant on the person who simply laid an album cover on the stage hoping MK would sign it is unfairly harsh.  There was NO mention of the person screaming out to Mark to sign, no mention of the person waving the album in the air between songs to get his attention, just laying it on the stage with a pen, yet still he has a problem enough with this to get a mention as an issue/complaint?  AND keep in mind his description, the stage was so close to the front row that their knees were almost against the stage.    (and no I am not that person and was not at that show). 

Offlinefabirydel

• Guitar George
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2010, 08:31:14 PM »
that guitar is the MK 2 custom. it was used during the shangrila tour on telegraph road

Love Expresso

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2010, 09:37:03 PM »
Hey, I enjoy reading Issac's blog, but seems like he is getting pretty cranky.

His rant on the person who simply laid an album cover on the stage hoping MK would sign it is unfairly harsh.  There was NO mention of the person screaming out to Mark to sign, no mention of the person waving the album in the air between songs to get his attention, just laying it on the stage with a pen, yet still he has a problem enough with this to get a mention as an issue/complaint?  AND keep in mind his description, the stage was so close to the front row that their knees were almost against the stage.    (and no I am not that person and was not at that show). 

Hi, Zigner!
I like to read Isaac's blog, too. However, it is a blog, a weblog, where the blogger can write what he wants - it is his very personal sight. I agree that
these comments might sound harsh, but there is a function to comment on his site. this forum is not the right place me thinks - just a suggestion of course! ;) Otherwise I would have asked long ago how he managed to get all these first row tickets ... :lol

LE

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.038 seconds with 38 queries.