Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert #26:2010.05.07, Tower Theater, Upper Darby, PA - Spoiler Maybe  (Read 12377 times)

Love Expresso

Funny enough, in 2008 I attended my 13th show in Munich, together with my sister, and, after all those shows, it was her who called my attention on exactly that fact for the first time: We were directly in front of him from TR on and she was really a little bit disappointed that he never looks to
nobody - not that she wanted him to look at her, it was just his general rejection to have contact to the fans. I then tried to defend him ( :)), but since then I think she is right. He would not give away anything if he smiled to some really freakin-out people or shake some hands. Just my opinion.
But maybe he thinks this would not be fair to all the other thousand people in the venue that are not able to do so. So maybe he is just fair.

LE
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 06:31:32 PM by Love Expresso »

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
Joan,

I was hoping that too . You and I next to each other, very intensed, ready to grab Mark at moment's notice.  Good thing your husband was there.  ;D

Anyway, I want to differ over the eye contact with fans.  I swore that when Mark and the band took the stage and prior to sitting down, he looked directly over to the left at me where I was standing up, waving both my hands, shouting for him.  I was about 4 rows back.  I was already in tears before that.  So I do believe Mark makes eye contact with the audience.  Wasn't there a story of some young kids who got a smile and a wave of hand from Mark.

As for Isaac and Jerone. Well, they are male. you think Mark will look at male fans?  hahhhahha.  Wouldn't he rather look at something pretty like female fans ?   :lol

« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 02:34:23 AM by sweetsurrender »

OfflineMossguitar

• Camerado
When MK is singing and playing, he can't see the audience at all (!!!) due to the spotlights that are on him all the time. That means that he is not able to make eye contact with anyone while performing. (Exception: Outdoors when if it's not dark yet).  

You should try sometime yourselves! It's almost a shocking experience the first couple of times. One can feel quite isolated up on a stage, even if the audience is big. Therefore you have to constantly remind yourself that there's an audience out there. It's easy to forget if you are really concentrating on the music you are performing. When I'm on stage I say repeatedly to myself"Look up, smile!".

OfflineTally

• Camerado
Yup, most of the time he doesn't see anything. But, I would say that he regularly makes eye contact with fans on nights when he is in a good mood.

OfflineMossguitar

• Camerado
Yes, absolutely.

OfflineIrisRose

• Not just another angel
  • Founder
  • Romeo
Thanks,Joan, for your great review, including the fashion revue (notice the French spelling    ;)  )     I listened to the Washington DC recording today while driving (in a damn snowstorm in the middle of May) and there he made lots of little adlibs which had the audience going.       I'm surprised too, that Get Lucky was dropped.   It is the title song of the cd, and the title of the tour, after all.     I have a new appreciation for Donegan's Gone this tour.  The new intro from the Ferris soundtrack seemed to put the song in perspective for me.   Then I really got into the instrumentation of the thing.   Same with Coyote.   And last tour, it was that way with Marbletown.   Sometimes a live performance makes a song really rock, or at least one hears it in a whole new way.   Glad you got to meet Jeroen and Isaac too--
Thanks again!      If I ever got on chat we could rave on about the whole thing.   ;D
But a spoonful of forgiveness
Goes a long, long way
And we all should do our best
To get along

OfflineTally

• Camerado
Yes, but the funny thing is that people like Coyote now even though it practically sounds the same as on record. (I mean, compared to the live versions of Marbletown and HFB, which were really given a facelift live).

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Yes, but the funny thing is that people like Coyote now even though it practically sounds the same as on record. (I mean, compared to the live versions of Marbletown and HFB, which were really given a facelift live).

I agree, but I am really enjoying Coyote live and when listening to all of the concerts, there are differences on all of them.   It's one of my favourites from this tour - the song I listen to first when I have downloaded!   :D
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineTally

• Camerado
I like it too. But I hope they do Cleaning too, it sounded good as well.

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
When MK is singing and playing, he can't see the audience at all (!!!) due to the spotlights that are on him all the time. That means that he is not able to make eye contact with anyone while performing. (Exception: Outdoors when if it's not dark yet).  

You should try sometime yourselves! It's almost a shocking experience the first couple of times. One can feel quite isolated up on a stage, even if the audience is big. Therefore you have to constantly remind yourself that there's an audience out there. It's easy to forget if you are really concentrating on the music you are performing. When I'm on stage I say repeatedly to myself"Look up, smile!".
He can't see the audience and yet he focuses on video tapers because they disturb the band ... ::)

OfflineTally

• Camerado

He can't see the audience and yet he focuses on video tapers because they disturb the band ... ::)

I think he sees the red lights on the cameras. Remember that he was mistaken one night, and pointed at something else with a light.

Offlinejoanzimm

• Camerado
Yes, Irisrose, I agree with you about Donegan -- I loved it.  As a matter of fact, I made a mistake in my previous post.  It was Donegan, not Marbletown, that had the very cool jamming between MK and Tim.  While they were doing it, they were very close to each other with their eyes locked, and big grins on their faces. ;D ;D ;D ;D
It's hard sometimes but pretty much it's alright

OfflineIrisRose

• Not just another angel
  • Founder
  • Romeo
Yeah, Joan, I really love those moments of close communication between or among the musicians.    Marbletown was sooooooooooooooo great last tour because McCusker, Knopfler, and Work made this triangle, lights on them, of total community throughout all the parts of the instrumental.  Mind blowing.    Even a good film cannot capture the electricity popping among them.   
But a spoonful of forgiveness
Goes a long, long way
And we all should do our best
To get along

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo

I agree, but I am really enjoying Coyote live and when listening to all of the concerts, there are differences on all of them.   It's one of my favourites from this tour - the song I listen to first when I have downloaded!   :D

val,

I absolutely agreed with you on Coyote.  It sounded sooooooo different live.  I love it so much now after heard it live.  It seemed to start off with that teasing and seductive tones on Mark's guitar, kind of reminded me of the good DS years like "down to the waterline" for example.

OfflineTally

• Camerado
Oh come on, it's modelled on the studio version. Glad you like it though  ;D

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.062 seconds with 38 queries.