Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: politics at amarkintime  (Read 15607 times)

draad

Re: politics at amarkintime
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2008, 09:16:10 PM »
Politics stinks but is unfortunately v important. War and Peace. Sometimes the choices are that stark.

No offence to my new American friends on this forum, or to my other US friends, but the big name politicians in the USA scare me to death. How come with such a huge population these guys get elected through? I'm sure McCain and Palin are nice people, but would you trust them with the safety of the world? Not me - no way! Obama - all talk and ignorance but less likely than the Republicans to nuke somewhere.

The lesser of two evils here is how I see it. Obama for me, but in the UK we would call him Hobson's choice.

Onlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2008, 09:47:08 PM »
I'm sure McCain and Palin are nice people

I'm not.  ;)

Obama for me, but in the UK we would call him Hobson's choice.

You might.  ;)
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

draad

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2008, 11:55:29 PM »
Murray, McCain, Palin, Obama. Opinions differ. We might just have MK in common. But that's OK! :)

Offlinerygman

• Guitar George
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2008, 02:23:02 AM »
A totally pointless thread, this--since most of the members of this forum do not vote in US elections. I will vote for McCain just so you don't get your hopes up too high about Obama.

In truth, I wish there were a third option for this election since I don't really like McCain or his policies and Obama has very little experience, none of which qualifies him for the Presidency.

I do like Sarah Palin very much, although I realize the media will continue to try to destroy/discredit her with no letup even after the election. Suddenly probing personal questions are fair game yet no pointed questions have been asked of Obama (or, previously, Hillary). The media literally makes me sick with the blatant hypocrisy and one-sidedness.

Unfortunately, with each passing year I sadly realize a bit more that it's all just a shell game that can't be won--we as working Americans will pay through the nose no matter who is in office, the only difference is where the government throws the handouts to get re-election votes.

I could say a lot more but I have too many other things to do tonight (most nights, actually)...but there--you want some red meat? Have at it!

Keep Votin'

and yes, we have MK in common, so
Keep Knopflerin'   ;)

Offlinegbobmi

• Camerado
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2008, 03:42:13 AM »
Uh-Oh!!!!!! I am not going to go there! Sarah Palin scares the crap outta me! So does John McCain....

Not gonna go there, not gonna go there, not gonna go there....

This is a nice forum, with nice people. Not gonna go there.....
arse ;D

draad

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2008, 11:15:09 PM »
what is the significance of the grinning arse at the bottom ( get it?) of all your posts? As a Gastroenterologist I must know. None of them grin at me.

Offlinegbobmi

• Camerado
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2008, 12:57:20 AM »
I have a happy arse!

I got it.... ;D
arse ;D

Offlinegbobmi

• Camerado
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2008, 03:18:30 AM »
BTW: Just let me add this, regarding Sarah Palin............

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/08/AR2008090801907.html
arse ;D

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.031 seconds with 44 queries.