Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Official video releases  (Read 1589 times)

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
Official video releases
« on: May 18, 2010, 10:26:14 AM »
With the release of Alchemy on video, I was telling myself that the situation was not THAT bad wrt video releases:
-With Alchemy + On the Night + RLRR for So Far Away and Why Worry, we have at least one great version (maybe not the best of the best in every case, but still great) of nearly all major DS songs; missing are, essentially: Ride Accross the River (would be great from Sydney'86), The Man's Too Strong (from Wembley'85), and a few others great ones that were never filmed officially, like Planet Of New Orleans or Iron Hand; let's note, as complements, the great version of SoS on the Live Aid DVD and the faboulous MFN and BIA on the Montserrat DVD 
-Golden Heart is pretty well covered with A Night in London DVD
-STP is covered by the faboulous Speedway At Nazareth version with Emmylou from the RLRR DVD; of course some important ones are missing, like What It Is and STP itself, but I've always thought these ones are better on the album anyway...
-TRD is covered to some extent with the official release of Why Aye Man live in 2002 (not on DVD, but on Itunes). It is a fabulous version with a "quasi DS" band, featuring John Illsley and Chris White on sax ! Of course, missing are, essentially, Hill Farmer's blues and Marbledown.
-Shangri-La is covered to some extent with the RLRR DVD with Our Shangri La and Sonny Liston; missing the great Boom, Like That
-KTGC is not covered at all, but the greatest songs were never played live anyway...
-GL, were are still keeping our finger crossed to fix all the above mentionned missing songs...
What do you think ? :)

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
Re: Official video releases
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 01:51:12 PM »

But i look forward to the day when someone will milk the DS / Knopfler tapes! Imagine an official bootleg series as good as the Bob Dylan volumes - and live recordings cleaned up and issued properly - interesting outtakes from the studio, the possibilities are endless...

The wish of hearing DS studio outtakes and the possibility of it ever happening ????

When i first joined here - it was said an Alchemy DVD would never be released...
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 01:53:26 PM by Fletch »
Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.03 seconds with 38 queries.